The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-23-2019, 12:11 PM   #1
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

NECA fan event June 23 2019 with new reveals

It's kicking off right now. Featuring some updated versions of some previously shown figures. Looks like a tease for their SDCC reveals next month.

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status...53233444118528

(click to open larger versions)

Last edited by Zulithe; 06-23-2019 at 12:18 PM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:00 PM   #2
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Cartoon Slash? Hopefully we still see that Turtles in Time design.
RaphaelinSTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:52 PM   #3
Chaotix12345
Stone Warrior

Figured they'd give that Slash figure a makeover for the Target two-packs given how thorough NECA usually is with the details. (They even included his backpack thingy from Donatello Trashes Slash.) Can't say I'm too thrilled over a Cartoon Slash figure (never been a fan of the design and I'd rather they confirm how they plan to release the Turtles in Time version finally), but I like that Cartoon Leatherhead more than the Arcade version they've shown (it's mostly the eyes), so I'll probably still end up buying Derp Slash.

Though, that new Arcade Shredder is interesting. Part of the Dimension X Collection, I assume?

Last edited by Chaotix12345; 06-23-2019 at 02:59 PM.
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 05:06 PM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Neat! The cartoon Slash is so rarely represented in any official TMNT media besides the old episodes, that I'm delighted to see him included in the NECA line!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 07:16 PM   #5
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

No, I wanted Archie Slash, or at least TiT one...
Old 06-23-2019, 09:43 PM   #6
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Michael
‏ @evilekim33
4m4 minutes ago

The “Capture of Splinter” set is just as amazing in person! During the Q&A NECA says they will try and get these out for single carded release, but it’ll be another 6-8 months. However, this tattered version of Splinter will remain exclusive to the SDCC set

Also from toy ark. A TON of TMNT figure in development from the cartoon, the TMNT 1990 Movie, and Secret of the Ooze

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 06-23-2019 at 10:01 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 05:21 PM   #7
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Cool that they're sticking true to the cartoon - but I don't think anyone actually likes cartoon Slash. He's such a cool character in any other incarnation, but in the cartoon, he sucked. I hope they do a non-video game painted version of the Turtles in Time sculpt.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 05:25 PM   #8
italianice388
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotix12345 View Post
Can't say I'm too thrilled over a Cartoon Slash figure (never been a fan of the design and I'd rather they confirm how they plan to release the Turtles in Time version finally)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Cartoon Slash? Hopefully we still see that Turtles in Time design.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilSpooky View Post
No, I wanted Archie Slash, or at least TiT one...
fully agreed. cartoon slash is not great. that's not on NECA- they've done a great job recreating the original design / character from the cartoon - it's just that the original design / character from the cartoon is awful.
italianice388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 07:35 PM   #9
teemu
Stone Warrior

Did anybody ask about 1990 Movie Casey Jones? I hear April is now unlikely

What else can they do from the 1990 movies besides Casey, Tatsu, and trenchcoat Raph??
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:45 PM   #10
AquaParade
Banned

I wish they would work on more comic related material, but if they make unique SOTO tmnt sculpts, I might pick one or two up.

I can't think of any cartoon figures I would buy, unless they do a 2k3 sculpt or something.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 09:07 PM   #11
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Someone above said they are working on SOTO? Thought Randy said that they had no interest. Guess the sales figures changed that.

Any news on when Slash and Leatherhead are being released?
Turnstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 12:29 AM   #12
cloud
Stone Warrior

No news on more 1/4 eh. Need to continue the 1/4 line.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 08:16 AM   #13
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

I’m sure they will announce it at SDCC. That line is really amazing. I’m always more impressed when I walked in and see my quarter scale Turtles versus my 7 inch ones. The details are amazing. Can’t wait to see splinter in this scale.
Old 06-25-2019, 03:13 PM   #14
tmntfannumerouno
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
I’m sure they will announce it at SDCC. That line is really amazing. I’m always more impressed when I walked in and see my quarter scale Turtles versus my 7 inch ones. The details are amazing. Can’t wait to see splinter in this scale.
There are few things on this forum that are consistent but you can always count on Latinkings gloating, the nerd being condescending, and turnstone with his 1/4 scale boner.

Last edited by tmntfannumerouno; 06-25-2019 at 05:51 PM.
tmntfannumerouno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 03:43 PM   #15
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, truly awesome. Too bad the sculpt and skin color just isn't as good as it is on the 7 inch ones. The cloth mask sure is cool though, even if it may not last as long as the plastic one on the 7 inch figures.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 04:00 PM   #16
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

You must have got a bad set of the quarter scale ones. I have two sets of the 7 inch ones also and the paint jobs aren’t near as good as they are in the larger scale. Sorry but fact.
Old 06-25-2019, 04:02 PM   #17
Turnstone
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntfannumerouno View Post
There are few things on this forum that are consistent but you can always count on Latinkings gloating, the nerd being condescending, and turnstone with is 1/4 scale boner.
I actually laughed out loud at that. I’m totally cool with being known for that. I don’t see how you could be a massive fan of the first film and not own the larger versions since they really are just that impressive in person.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:00 PM   #18
teemu
Stone Warrior

Quote:
I actually laughed out loud at that. I’m totally cool with being known for that. I don’t see how you could be a massive fan of the first film and not own the larger versions since they really are just that impressive in person.
Perhaps because they are too big and some people have no room to display them? I've seen them in person and they are nice,but the size of them (and price each) makes them a pass!
teemu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 05:26 PM   #19
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
Perhaps because they are too big and some people have no room to display them? I've seen them in person and they are nice,but the size of them (and price each) makes them a pass!
this. I always prefer 7 inch scale figures.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:37 PM   #20
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
this. I always prefer 7 inch scale figures.

Honestly? So do I. No one can really collect 1/4 scale figures like they do Marvel Legends or something, and I will never own another set of 1/4 scale figures ever again, but these 1/4 turtles will be on my shelf to stay. They are really just too awesome. I get it though. Not everyone can.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote