The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 09-20-2016, 10:41 AM   #41
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Actually I wasn't trying to be mean with that... I was trying to joke that I had just learned/seen the multi quote thing and state that I don't know how to actually use that, because I haven't used it (obviously)...

Wasn't looking to offend. Just joke.
My bad. Then I back down, apologize sincerely, and still plead that you use the multiquote feature.
Old 09-20-2016, 10:49 AM   #42
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
No. But that's not quite apples to apples. My pitbull just might one day get a wild hair up his ass enough to dig an El Chapo-esque tunnel under the backyard fence and maul a couple of passing mormons... my gun, however, has no chance of spontaneously loading itself and spraying bullets around one day from within its locker.

I don't own a pitbull, by the way, and would never. I do have 5 pugs, however.
Kids, like dogs, have a nasty way of getting around protections meant to keep them away from things.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 10:57 AM   #43
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Kids, like dogs, have a nasty way of getting around protections meant to keep them away from things.
That falls squarely within the realm of "sh*t happens." It's unfortunate, but without a Department of Pre-Crime, I don't see that as something all gun owners need added legislature/insurance/what-have-you as a result of.

And what, the guy who has no children and lives alone has to add guns to his home insurance policy because other houses have kids that just miiight MacGuyver into the gun safes there? That's dumb. And if it's only if you have children in your house you have to add the guns part... you're basically just buying a "my kid grabbing my guns and shooting them" policy? That's even dumber.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 11:01 AM   #44
plastroncafe

Quote:
That falls squarely within the realm of "sh*t happens." It's unfortunate, but without a Department of Pre-Crime, I don't see that as something all gun owners need added legislature/insurance/what-have-you as a result of.

And what, the guy who has no children and lives alone has to add guns to his home insurance policy because other houses have kids that just miiight MacGuyver into the gun safes there? That's dumb. And if it's only if you have children in your house you have to add the guns part... you're basically just buying a "my kid grabbing my guns and shooting them" policy? That's even dumber.
There isn't a policy out there that doesn't have some sort of scale for the increase/decrease in liability.
For instance, I pay less for insurance because I don't smoke.

We have reached the eventual impasse.
Good game. Go team us!
Quote:
Quote:
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.

Last edited by plastroncafe; 09-20-2016 at 11:13 AM.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:05 PM   #45
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
I support the Right to Bear arms not the right to own Military Grade Assault rifles and other military guns. Also The NRA are some paranoid Freaks.
Fully agree with this.

Not against the right for people to own a normal gun for "just in case" or simple hobby target shooting or hunting (though I find hunting sad and imo you better plan on eating it), but beyond that I definitely believe in there being sane limits and background checks. Unless you're military on active duty, no civilian has any damn good reason to need an assault rifle. (In my mind that's like some wannabe thug teenager having to own a dog with a bad temperament. Neither make you a badass for having it. More of a 'try hard' in my mind.) Nor any reason to stockpile guns and ammo like a crazy old cat lady collecting cats; and probably equally as nuts.

No, no matter what they may think, people who are paranoid enough to believe that they NEED to be carrying a gun around with them at all times... no, I feel no safer around them if they are that afraid of the world. If they want to be a gun owner or simply like guns, that's one thing, but if you can't really ever walk around in public without it, yeah... see ya.

Oh yeah, and agree with the NRA stuff too. It's a shame that they supposedly started out at one time as a respectable group. Because my dad had wanted to be a member of a local gun club so he could target shoot the couple little guns he did have, he had to be a member of the NRA for some reason. () I have ZERO respect for that group after seeing how much scare tactic propaganda showed up in our mail. With my dad gone, I'm not sad that we've been able to tell them to eff off.

It annoys me that knife laws are more stringent, in stupid ways, than gun laws. Really, wtf. While I totally believe there should be sane limits for that, too, some of it in comparison to what gun ownership gets away with... *sigh*

Tell you want I wish though... I wish that guns would become more technological and include tech within them that can read a hand print on the hand holding it and ONLY be able to be fired by the registered owner of it (who passed background checks and whatnot and is entirely sane and good). And somehow ensure that it will not fire for anyone else... not a thief, nor a child.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 09-20-2016 at 02:14 PM.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:41 PM   #46
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, there has been talk about doing the whole hand print recognition thing which I think would be a good idea. I'm not sure if it will happen, but I think it would be a good thing.

I don't have a problem with the NRA. My dad's a member and has gotten stuff from them before. We own guns and as kids, we always knew better than to touch the guns and they were put away where we couldn't find them.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 02:47 PM   #47
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yeah, there has been talk about doing the whole hand print recognition thing which I think would be a good idea.
I'm not really against that being on new guns... but if we're talking about legislature that indicates you have to either take your old, existing guns in to be customized with said tech (and pay for it), or turn in your existing guns... then that's not ever going to happen.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:58 PM   #48
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie View Post
I've been shot. There is a thread about it here somewhere in the archives.
Hm, I don't think I've seen that thread. Is there a story behind this? I'm curious. Do you mean during hunting?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:29 PM   #49
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
I'm not really against that being on new guns... but if we're talking about legislature that indicates you have to either take your old, existing guns in to be customized with said tech (and pay for it), or turn in your existing guns... then that's not ever going to happen.
Nah, if such technology ever existed, I could see it more likely just being phased in. Eventually it would just become more common place.

And maybe someday today's (and older) guns just become old relics that have their own separate permit if taken out into public. (But not if it is simply a retired heirloom displayed at home.)
Old 09-20-2016, 03:36 PM   #50
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Hm, I don't think I've seen that thread. Is there a story behind this? I'm curious. Do you mean during hunting?
I have a funny friend on Facebook from the U.K.. Every time there would be a new shooting of any kind in the U.S., he'd be the kind of person that would start ballyhooing about guns need to be taken away (joined in by a bunch of other Brits, a lot of Canadians), that he was the victim of a shooting himself. For years he would stick with that. Then one day he admitted, basically, "Well... it was an air rifle, and my friend shot me in the leg to mess with me. But it's still a gun! It's still a shooting!" He still sticks to his guns, so to speak.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:36 PM   #51
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
I haven't figured out the mutliquote and its not mobile friendly... Do you know how difficult typing all this out on a phone is??

Crazy... Like shouldn't own a gun crazy...

But that's not the point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
When 75% of all comments in a thread are you single multi-quoting, yeah, I'm a little irritated.

And yeah, I'm crazy. Strip me of my rights, browski. Constitutional rights don't apply to assholes, right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
Multiquote exists, people.

I am indifferent to the second amendment. If people wanna have guns, cool. If they wanna get rid of them, cool.

Edit: wooops, forgot to refresh this page before replying. Long name beat me to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Fully agree with this.

Not against the right for people to own a normal gun for "just in case" or simple hobby target shooting or hunting (though I find hunting sad and imo you better plan on eating it), but beyond that I definitely believe in there being sane limits and background checks. Unless you're military on active duty, no civilian has any damn good reason to need an assault rifle. (In my mind that's like some wannabe thug teenager having to own a dog with a bad temperament. Neither make you a badass for having it. More of a 'try hard' in my mind.) Nor any reason to stockpile guns and ammo like a crazy old cat lady collecting cats; and probably equally as nuts.

No, no matter what they may think, people who are paranoid enough to believe that they NEED to be carrying a gun around with them at all times... no, I feel no safer around them if they are that afraid of the world. If they want to be a gun owner or simply like guns, that's one thing, but if you can't really ever walk around in public without it, yeah... see ya.

Oh yeah, and agree with the NRA stuff too. It's a shame that they supposedly started out at one time as a respectable group. Because my dad had wanted to be a member of a local gun club so he could target shoot the couple little guns he did have, he had to be a member of the NRA for some reason. () I have ZERO respect for that group after seeing how much scare tactic propaganda showed up in our mail. With my dad gone, I'm not sad that we've been able to tell them to eff off.

It annoys me that knife laws are more stringent, in stupid ways, than gun laws. Really, wtf. While I totally believe there should be sane limits for that, too, some of it in comparison to what gun ownership gets away with... *sigh*

Tell you want I wish though... I wish that guns would become more technological and include tech within them that can read a hand print on the hand holding it and ONLY be able to be fired by the registered owner of it (who passed background checks and whatnot and is entirely sane and good). And somehow ensure that it will not fire for anyone else... not a thief, nor a child.

What's an assault rifle? You know that's a made up word right? A rifle is a rifle. Assault is an action. Someone hits you with a hammer, it's still a hammer.

There are already gun laws in place. Background checks already happen. Criminals can get their hands on military grade weapons if they want.

I had reservations prior to buying my own gun. Frankly, I have no issues since that. All the media tells you is "assault weapons" are bad. None of the guns used in any of the current attacks in the states have been fully automatic. You pull the trigger, ONE bullet comes out. The problem is a sign saying "no guns please" and some crackpot ignores it and opens fire anyway.

Don't hang out with my then. I'm always armed. My life is my responsibility to protect.

You are generalizing based on fear. Go buy a gun. Learn how to use it.

Even the fictional Turtles use guns... Bodycount... lol

Like in some countries booze and nudity is no big deal but in the States people freak out over a woman breastfeeding.... (some do anyways) off topic though.

There is tech for thumb prints to "authorize" a gun to work, and it doesn't work... if your hands are sweaty or dirty.. sorry, but I want a simple gun. Pull trigger and bullet comes out. Someone breaks into your house, uou aren't going to be able to say "hey wait, let me wash my hands and grab my gun..." if you are out and about and it's hot and your hands are sweaty... same thing. The criminal is going to take what they want...

Movies today portray guns are super easy to get (like a library book, wtf?) and some of those actors who make $$$$ from those movies come out against owning weapons...

People collect. I don't like it when folks give me crap for collecting comics and I'm sure as heck not going to give a gun owner crap for having a gun in every size and shape and caliber as they want... are you judging gun owners? Cuz I thought that was not cool to do?

Paranoia... didn't someone just blow up a pressure cooker bomv in NYC? It's not Paranoia if there are actual people that want you (innocent person) dead (for whatever reason).

Be prepared. Don't be a victim. Also a little accuracy would help.
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:37 PM   #52
mrmaczaps
Banned

I don't know why or how that put those first three quotes in there...

Multiquote-fail! ��
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 03:43 PM   #53
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
There is tech for thumb prints to "authorize" a gun to work, and it doesn't work... if your hands are sweaty or dirty.. sorry, but I want a simple gun. Pull trigger and bullet comes out. Someone breaks into your house, uou aren't going to be able to say "hey wait, let me wash my hands and grab my gun..." if you are out and about and it's hot and your hands are sweaty... same thing. The criminal is going to take what they want...
Imagine the poor bastard with the hand-print gun at 1 AM, whacking his pud next to a jar of K-Y when he hears the kitchen window break. It's curtains for him.

Quote:
Even the fictional Turtles use guns... Bodycount... lol
Wasn't just that. I seem to recall the Turtles picking up and using machine guns in the middle of "Return to New York," too, spraying down Foot Soldiers.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:48 PM   #54
plastroncafe

Came for the hyperbole, staying for the victim blaming.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-20-2016, 04:00 PM   #55
ToTheNines
[sic]

ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 04:01 PM   #56
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

*shrug*

Hey, you asked.

Quote:
Do you support the 2nd amendment?

Do you own guns or just believe in folks inalienable rights to bear arms?

If you own guns, do you go target shooting often?

Hunting?

Discuss!
Next time maybe footnote it that only certain views/opinions are acceptable.

Annoying though when people who don't feel the same as gun enthusiasts try to take some middle ground and try to still be fair, but no, someone still has to have a fit over their own option.

And no, guns do not appeal to me, I do not see them as the be all and end all of weaponry and have no interest in ownership of that sort of thing.
Old 09-20-2016, 05:14 PM   #57
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I don't know if I would ever use a gun myself considering I only have one eye and am nearsighted. I would probably use a knife or something else to subdue a criminal. I wouldn't mind using pepper spray or a taser though if I have it available.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:20 PM   #58
joe-eyeball
Stone Warrior

I absolutely support the second amendment. I am not a hunter as I never really found it to be all that appealing, but I love target shooting. I have been handling firearms since I was five. I'm sure someone will give me flack for this but I currently own 62 different firearms ranging from WWII era guns to modern handguns and ARs, AKs, to tactical shotguns. I will keep buying firearms and if I end up owning 100's of them then so be it. It's a hobby and I make no apologies for loving it. For the record if you can believe it I'm a college educated, happy, sane, and well adjusted person. Not some backwoods, inbred hillbilly so no worries here (for those who believe gun lovers are that way). I also have my CCW and carry everyday where I'm allowed. If we lose the right to bear arms it certainly won't end there! At least that's what I believe!

I love it when people claim that if someone carries a gun with them all the time they must be paranoid! First of all I will call you paranoid for worrying about law abiding, FBI level background check having citizens carrying their weapons in a concealed fashion. It's none of your concern what I choose to do that is perfectly within my rights to do!!! Second of all, everyone is paranoid at some time or another for whatever reason! So what? It's only a problem if your paranoia consumes you to the point where you can't function or cope. Am I being paranoid for wearing my seat belt even though it's not likely I will die or even sustain a serious injury in a car wreck? I view carrying a handgun in a concealed fashion the same way as wearing seatbelt, better to have that security measure in place than not to have it when you need it!

Last edited by joe-eyeball; 09-20-2016 at 05:33 PM.
joe-eyeball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:29 PM   #59
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Ditto, Indigo. My stepdad has always been very pro-gun, and in fact owns several. They even put in a small firing range on their property (technically the property of his sister and brother-in-law, but it is essentially "community" property as anyone in the family is free to use it) and both my parents now have CC permits.

I on the other hand, do not like guns. Not "afraid" of them, but I simply dislike them. Hunting with one seems incredibly like cheating at a game that the other side isn't even aware of playing, and let's face it, if you are being responsible with your guns by keeping them out of the reach of kids or intruders, that means you are keeping them out of your OWN reach too, and in the middle of the night in the dark when there is someone in your home, a knife or bat is MUCH faster and easier to get your hands on. Not to mention quieter. The less chance they have of knowing you are there with protections, the better, IMHO. A gun being cocked or the safety being turned off is a DEAD give-away, pardon the pun. And the person intruding, if he has a gun himself, is probably FAR more likely to be ready to shoot than the person fumbling around in the dark to find and/or load one. Assuming they are being responsible and keeping it unloaded in case of kids, or what-not.

Basically, my view is that I'd rather GTFO or hide someplace unlikely to be found, and live to tell about it, or even wait in a spot where they most likely wouldn't noticed me with a weapon that doesn't require loading ammo or some other BS. It's all perspective. Plus, bullets can go through walls, especially in apartment buildings. Id do NOT want some idiot who only took a couple of classes firing a gun anywhere NEAR me, even if they are next door, as if they miss their intended target, myself or someone I care for could get hit by accident. Too much risk for "self-defense" IMO. I have no problem with people who hunt for FOOD, or is someone ABSOLUTELY thinks they need a handgun for protection, but I personally stay FAR away from the things, simply because it seems like a ridiculous amount of risk and effort to "protect" oneself. Not to mention that I firmly believe the vast majority of people are not level-headed or rational enough to use one properly.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 05:31 PM   #60
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe-eyeball View Post
I'm sure someone will give me flack for this but I currently own 62 different firearms ranging from WWII era guns to modern handguns and ARs, AKs, to tactical shotguns.
You remind me of Burt from 'Tremors'!
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
confirmation bias, government protect me, kill all men, take away my rights plz, the constitution rocks, victim cafe