The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 11-06-2018, 05:12 PM   #41
AtzenButze
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowcello View Post
If anyone else was wondering- I messaged WaxWork and I have confirmation that no download code/similar will come with this.
Kind of figured, but I was really hoping.
Owww Really ?
AtzenButze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 12:17 PM   #42
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior

Ordered a Leo last night about 11pm and already have the tracking info and it’s shipped. I was expecting to have to wait a few days after reading the thread so I’m pleasantly surprised.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:18 PM   #43
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Good to hear! I think they're really ramping up the shipping now as I FINALLY got my shipping confirmation e-mail a few hours ago. Woohoo! Hopefully it'll be in my hands before next Monday since I'm off work.
Old 11-07-2018, 01:21 PM   #44
DVD
Mad Scientist

I keep seeing ‘unfullfilled’ on my order.
Hoping to see that shipped email each day.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:03 AM   #45
Donnie
Something from the Past

Mine was shipped on the 3rd! Package is currently in TN, it still has a long way to go. I can't wait until it's here!!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:10 AM   #46
Donnie
Something from the Past

Side note about the popularity debate: I think with the vinyl editions in particular it's hard to make a judgement on that, because I know some fans picked Don's edition simply because they liked the purple record. Mikey's orange record stands out too. Red is not exactly a rare color for vinyl, Black Sabbath has red record releases as does Dean Martin. Leo's blue strikes me as unique and I am a bit surprised that he's not sold out yet.

I actually thought the Foot edition would have sold out by now. That deep red color is really cool. If I was going to get another one, it'd be Splinter. Not often you see a brown record. But alas, I can only afford one!
Old 11-08-2018, 04:05 PM   #47
DVD
Mad Scientist

My Leo version is now in its way.
This is going to be cool.
Old 11-08-2018, 05:35 PM   #48
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.

Just got my shipping notification. Can’t wait!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Not often you see a brown record.
I just picked up Insane Clown Posse’s Ringmaster vinyl which turned out to be brown despite the yellow promo pics.

Last edited by Krutch; 11-08-2018 at 05:42 PM.
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 07:26 PM   #49
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Color vinyl isn't all that rare. Pretty common these days.
d_osborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 08:25 PM   #50
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Side note about the popularity debate: I think with the vinyl editions in particular it's hard to make a judgement on that, because I know some fans picked Don's edition simply because they liked the purple record. Mikey's orange record stands out too. Red is not exactly a rare color for vinyl, Black Sabbath has red record releases as does Dean Martin. Leo's blue strikes me as unique and I am a bit surprised that he's not sold out yet.

I actually thought the Foot edition would have sold out by now. That deep red color is really cool. If I was going to get another one, it'd be Splinter. Not often you see a brown record. But alas, I can only afford one!
Honestly, if it came down to just the colors I liked the best and wanted in my collection ... I probably might have gone for Michelangelo. That orange and green combination really sticks out. Most Christmas themed records usually have a red and green combo to them (like the Home Alone soundtrack from MONDO I bought my girlfriend last year!) ... but I had to go with my favorite Ninja Turtle and get that Raphael red!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
Just got my shipping notification. Can’t wait!

I just picked up Insane Clown Posse’s Ringmaster vinyl which turned out to be brown despite the yellow promo pics.
That's happened to me on a few occasions where the promo pictures ended up being totally off or the color promised didn't really seem in line with what I ordered. They never were really huge deal breakers ... but the biggest example I have in my collection is Built to Spill's There's Nothing Wrong With Love. The color they said was to be a cream like the album cover ... but this looks way more yellow, wouldn't you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
Color vinyl isn't all that rare. Pretty common these days.
I actually kind of prefer to have colored variants in my collection if I can help it. Just adds more variety.
Old 11-10-2018, 03:30 PM   #51
Donnie
Something from the Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
Honestly, if it came down to just the colors I liked the best and wanted in my collection ... I probably might have gone for Michelangelo. That orange and green combination really sticks out. Most Christmas themed records usually have a red and green combo to them (like the Home Alone soundtrack from MONDO I bought my girlfriend last year!) ... but I had to go with my favorite Ninja Turtle and get that Raphael red!
I hear you, I debated getting Michelangelo too (he's my second favorite) but had to go with my main guy Donatello.

It came today and I can't be more pleased. The remastered quality is top-notch. It sounds so crisp, so warm, so beautiful. This is the definitive soundtrack to any Turtles film or iteration. John Du Prez was brilliant in his execution. To me, this score is the definitive "sound" of the TMNT, while being a legitimately beautiful score all on its own. It perfectly embodies the sounds of the 80s (their present) combined with traditional Asian undertones (their past). Just stellar.

I've been waiting to hear that fantastic sequence at the end of "Their Greatest Fear" outside of the film for about 25 years.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:01 PM   #52
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphaelinSTL View Post
I actually kind of prefer to have colored variants in my collection if I can help it. Just adds more variety.
I totally get that. A little tip on the transparent-- use a bright white slip mat. It'll make that gold/yellow vinyl really pop on your turntable.

I'm shocked they didn't do a liquid-filled ooze version! Maybe for SOTO!

Quote:
It came today and I can't be more pleased. The remastered quality is top-notch. It sounds so crisp, so warm, so beautiful. This is the definitive soundtrack to any Turtles film or iteration. John Du Prez was brilliant in his execution.
Likewise! Aside from the few corny bits, I was blown away the first time listening to it. He really knocked it out of the park.
Old 11-10-2018, 05:17 PM   #53
DVD
Mad Scientist

I always preferred it when I could get my records in colored vinyls back in the day.
Along cane cd, and I thought I’d never listen to another vinyl again... I bought into the whole CDs are better hype (and originally 3-4 times the price of an LP).

About 10 years ago I started to buy vinyl again, only this time, playing them on decent gear. Back in the day I was using Amsterdam and Fidelity !!! Haha!!
Anyways, it was cool when a lot of LPs that I couldn’t get then, were reissued, and in colored vinyl that wouldn’t have been available anyway.
So I’ve really enjoyed rebuilding my Metal collection with some pretty amazing colored vinyls. Of course the now standard 180gm weight makes for a better product than what we’re rapidly becoming flexible/discs.

I like the proposal above for an ooze vinyl!! Who knows.
Waxwork released Friday the 13th on vinyl in ‘dirty lake’ color. Followed by parts 2,3,4 and 5. So, we just might see SOTO soon....

In mean time I’m hoping to be listening to the current release next week.
Old 11-10-2018, 08:58 PM   #54
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I hear you, I debated getting Michelangelo too (he's my second favorite) but had to go with my main guy Donatello.

It came today and I can't be more pleased. The remastered quality is top-notch. It sounds so crisp, so warm, so beautiful. This is the definitive soundtrack to any Turtles film or iteration. John Du Prez was brilliant in his execution. To me, this score is the definitive "sound" of the TMNT, while being a legitimately beautiful score all on its own. It perfectly embodies the sounds of the 80s (their present) combined with traditional Asian undertones (their past). Just stellar.

I've been waiting to hear that fantastic sequence at the end of "Their Greatest Fear" outside of the film for about 25 years.
Mine just came in today too! It looks and sounds amazing ... I really love everything about this. It just feels great to have this finally be something we can own ... since companies like Waxwork and MONDO have been reissuing classic and cult movie scores on vinyl I feel like I had pleading and begging someone to finally release the full John Du Prez score for the original film. Thank goodness it's a reality now! I'll share photos of my record tomorrow.

Totally agree in that it embodies everything about the TMNT! Definitive sound for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
I totally get that. A little tip on the transparent-- use a bright white slip mat. It'll make that gold/yellow vinyl really pop on your turntable.

I'm shocked they didn't do a liquid-filled ooze version! Maybe for SOTO
You know ... that's a great idea for the slip mat. Mine is actually a pretty dark one from a local record shop, but I'm going to have to invest into a bright white one. Good suggestion.

I totally agree about liquid-filled ooze! I was a little shocked there wasn't an ooze colored variant ... but with this release and how it was so character specific, it makes sense. I seriously hope they decide to do SOTO ... sure, it's a far goofier and sillier score for a goofier and sillier movie but it's still nostalgia overload for me. You're right ... that's the perfect one to do a liquid-filled or ooze color!
Old 11-11-2018, 02:42 PM   #55
RaphaelinSTL
Mad Scientist

So in love with this!
Old 11-11-2018, 04:39 PM   #56
d_osborn
Mad Scientist

Snazzy rug. Happy spinning!
Old 11-11-2018, 04:42 PM   #57
NYShell
Stone Warrior

Got mine the other day. Love it.

Has anyone ripped/converted the album to MP3 yet? I did a couple of tracks, but they sound no better than when listening to it on vinyl. It still has the muffled, grainy scratchy sound. If anyone one has a good copy of the album that can share that would be appreciated.

I don't know how Waxwork records can release 4 songs from the album on their SoundCloud and have it sound like it wasn't ripped from a vinyl.

** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:59 PM   #58
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYShell View Post
I don't know how Waxwork records can release 4 songs from the album on their SoundCloud and have it sound like it wasn't ripped from a vinyl.
Well, they weren't ripped from vinyl. Waxwork has raw digital files that they used to press the vinyl. That's what you're hearing.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 03:06 AM   #59
NYShell
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Well, they weren't ripped from vinyl. Waxwork has raw digital files that they used to press the vinyl. That's what you're hearing.
Gotcha. I wonder if they'll release an MP3 link

** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
Old 11-12-2018, 03:12 AM   #60
NYShell
Stone Warrior

Also, I don't know if anyone knows this already, but there's been a rip of the 1990 John Du Prez TMNT score on YouTube for the past couple of months! The quality is clear, but the only difference is that there seems to be more low end/bass than the new vinyl release. How did this person get these raw files and how have they been up for the past couple of months? Maybe somebody that worked with Waxwork?

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...TNIhPbilj83VRI