The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 06-18-2019, 02:54 PM   #1
hypered1
Mad Scientist

IDW Usagi Yojimbo comics

Apologies if someone has already started a thread for this, but IDW's new Usagi Yojimbo series starts tomorrow (19th June) and there an epic RI cover by Kevin Eastman for issue 1.
Definitely gonna get this!
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 02:34 PM   #2
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Usagi Yojimbo issue numbering

So I've read through the first issue of the IDW run and it's a great start to the series 4th volume, but one thing I've noticed is that on the credits page it states: Number 239 in a series (so carrying on from the previous runs) but I'm having trouble working out what counts toward this number.
The first three volumes add up to 219 (38+16+165) and the Dark Horse issues from #145 onwards confirm that the Senso and Hidden mini series are also counted bringing the number up to 232.
Dark Horse began using this numbering system with the Senso mini series (205 - 210) and then from #145 to #165 (211 - 231) and finally for The Hidden (232 - 238 ).
So does anyone know what other 6 issues are included in this count?
Old 06-19-2019, 10:55 PM   #3
MrPliggins
Foot Elite

Does the number maybe include Albedo and/or Critters? Or maybe the Fantagraphics Summer Specials?
MrPliggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:38 PM   #4
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPliggins View Post
Does the number maybe include Albedo and/or Critters? Or maybe the Fantagraphics Summer Specials?
Maybe but I'm not sure, I've looked at a couple of places that list the series and it seems it could also be the color/ summer specials, although I'm unable to confirm how many of those were published.
Old 06-25-2019, 05:55 PM   #5
old_hob88
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Maybe but I'm not sure, I've looked at a couple of places that list the series and it seems it could also be the color/ summer specials, although I'm unable to confirm how many of those were published.
It could possibly be Yokai, since that was in a collection with Senso (and Space Usagi, but that obviously wouldn't be a part of that count)
old_hob88 is offline   Reply With Quote