The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 03-14-2010, 08:17 AM   #61
Cipher
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TristanHuwJones View Post
I've been contemplating contacting Kevin/Heavy Metal about continuing it, finishing the whole thing off in a graphic novel format. Thoughts?
Man, I always forget about Heavy Metal as a Turtles outlet. I'm always down for a story line being finished (still going to read #64 later today). I'd buy.

Anyway Heavy Metal could also reprint the existing issues of the story?

Quote:
The Apprentice was a character I was lining up for a Savanti Romero story. Basic idea was that Romero had an apprentice in the dark ages who managed to cross time and space the way his master couldn't. He'd managed to replicate the Time Scepter. The mob guy wasn't a Puzzorelli, but there were connections, and the aide was my favorite character not to get any attention. She's the Hand to my Osborn
Le sigh. Savanti would get worked into a longer plot. Complete Carnage never had his fair shake, I tell ya!
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 09:44 AM   #62
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
I've been contemplating contacting Kevin/Heavy Metal about continuing it, finishing the whole thing off in a graphic novel format. Thoughts?
Wow, that would be aweomse. Harmon on pencils?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:23 AM   #63
CyberCubed
Overlord

Finish it off, this time with no loose ends.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:12 PM   #64
Cipher
Foot Elite

Okay, read it. Loved it.

I thought it had to have been over-hyped. I've found that Tristan's issues have always been, no offense, a little too revered among the fans. But, boy, was I wrong. This one was that good. This is absolutely one of the highlights of the entire volume.

And Mike's character? More spot on than I imagined it would be. You know what Tales could've used more of? Swearing. Not in an "OMG SO HARDCORE" kind of way, but in the way it was used here. Mike sounded like a real teenager, and a fairly witty one at that. Perfect.

Lawson's art was oh-so-good with this script.

And, finally, the nose-glasses gag was one of the first times I've genuinely laughed at the comic in a while.

Last edited by Cipher; 03-16-2010 at 03:26 PM.
Cipher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #65
odupianist
Mad Scientist

Tristan, IF you managed to get Kevin/Heavy Metal to do it (which I would totally buy in a hard cover, just saying), would you try to do maybe a TPB with the other issues that have already been run in Tales Vol 2 included? That way, we have the full conclusive story in our hands. Either way, I love the idea of Heavy Metal helping you finish this story. Make it happen lol
odupianist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 08:47 AM   #66
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cipher Classic View Post
And, finally, the nose-glasses gag was one of the first times I've genuinely laughed at the comic in a while.
I crack up every time I read the Foot Mystic stick-figure say "Fu*k you!" to Leo
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 12:33 PM   #67
TristanHuwJones
Official TMNT Staff/Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by odupianist View Post
Tristan, IF you managed to get Kevin/Heavy Metal to do it (which I would totally buy in a hard cover, just saying), would you try to do maybe a TPB with the other issues that have already been run in Tales Vol 2 included? That way, we have the full conclusive story in our hands. Either way, I love the idea of Heavy Metal helping you finish this story. Make it happen lol
That's up to Heavy Metal I guess. I'm not sure what the deal would be reprint wise. As I said, it's an idea I'm tossing around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I crack up every time I read the Foot Mystic stick-figure say "Fu*k you!" to Leo
I just reread it yesterday... I would say it's a tie between that and the nose glasses.
Old 10-20-2020, 07:24 AM   #68
Sharman
Foot Soldier

Quote:
If you hit my blog, you can see what was going to come after this issue.
A decade later. What happened to the blog?

I still hold out a hope that one day IDW will return to reprinting Volume II of Tales (not necessarily colored) and even finish off the necessary plots - none deserve it more so than this!
Sharman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tales of the tmnt