The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 04-02-2014, 04:49 PM   #1701
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Not perfect, but I preferred that movie too. The first movie really has not aged well at all.
Good to know somebody feels the same way.
turtlefanforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:29 AM   #1702
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Not perfect, but I preferred that movie too. The first movie really has not aged well at all.
No way! I think that one sucked

Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 12:07 PM   #1703
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

ah c'mon man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
No way! I think that one sucked
Don't let me down. Turbo was clearly the best movie
Old 04-03-2014, 02:50 PM   #1704
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
Don't let me down. Turbo was clearly the best movie
Lol! Granted the plot maybe made more sense that MMPR did, but I gotta go nostalgia! I hope I spelled that right! That's how I feel!

However I do so want them both on DVD! Got em on VHS but I want on DVD

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 04-04-2014, 10:32 AM   #1705
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Casting sides for Dino Charge confirm Judd Lynn (former head writer of the early Saban seasons and who took over RPM mid-production) is the executive producer

ZariusTwo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 03:05 PM   #1706
Shred Head
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Casting sides for Dino Charge confirm Judd Lynn (former head writer of the early Saban seasons and who took over RPM mid-production) is the executive producer
Oh hell yes finally finally someone who wouldn't mind bringing back the old acters. Maybe that movie that has the Jason and Goldar's sentai counter parts can be used. Well whatever I think Dino charge will be one of the best seasons ever made.

"Cold steel meets hot flesh! Thats why they call me Slash!"
Shred Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #1707
Allio
Foot Elite

Quote:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-s...ntitled-1.jpgp
"Judd Lynn as Executive producer"

oh thank god, perhaps we will get good seasons again

in incase anyone needs to know, Judd is mostly known for Space - Time Force + the last half of RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred Head View Post
Oh hell yes finally finally someone who wouldn't mind bringing back the old acters. Maybe that movie that has the Jason and Goldar's sentai counter parts can be used. Well whatever I think Dino charge will be one of the best seasons ever made.
Saw Kyoryuger vs Go-Busters recently...honestly it disappointed me just how much Go-Busters was sidelined in their own title - I mean seriously, have Enter become Dark Red Buster and not even let Hiromu fight him?

also for the heck

a tribute to the three dino sentais
Old 04-04-2014, 10:24 PM   #1708
turtlefanforever
Foot Elite

I hear ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Lol! Granted the plot maybe made more sense that MMPR did, but I gotta go nostalgia! I hope I spelled that right! That's how I feel!

However I do so want them both on DVD! Got em on VHS but I want on DVD
I saw them at target for a reasonable price. But we are in different countries.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:56 PM   #1709
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Quote:

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-s...ntitled-1.jpgp
Wow, 8 Rangers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefanforever View Post
I saw them at target for a reasonable price. But we are in different countries.
I've only seen em on Amazon. But I'll check Target when I can

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 04-05-2014, 02:32 AM   #1710
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shred Head View Post
What are you talking about? Dino Charge doesn't seem to be bringing back any old actors.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 11:39 AM   #1711
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Better PR movie: MMPR is definitely the better movie. It takes the show and makes into a "movie" event, it's perfect and makes the transition very nicely. Yeah it doesn't feel like an episode, it feels like a movie of the show. Love it and has aged as well as the original MMPR show, whether you see that as good or bad, in my eyes that's good, love the 90s cheese. Turbo feels like an episode of the show, a 5 parter, but a really boring one. No contest.

PR Legacy set: I really wanted it and now that I can buy it I don't want it. It's way too much money, you're adding an extra 300 dollars from the normal price (the extra 150 and shipping) not to mention it's so expensive I'm sure going to get import duties which can be random and up to 60% of the price and for such an expensive set it makes it too big of a risk. The case is actually way too big, I have no space for that and the DVDs being in DVD wallets is just ugh. The fact that the latest seasons aren't Blu-Rays makes this also not a definitive set since those seasons need better releases. I was also not a fan about the missing dialog on some episodes and pre-911 versions of TF, these small things become big factors when you're paying so much money. And yes I get it's 25 years of PRs but counting most of those episodes aren't even that good, it's too much money and space to justify it. I think I prefer having digital versions for such a big show, dealing with physical media with so many episodes is a hassle. I can wait for a future "anniversary" set which we all know will happen eventually whether it's for the 25th, 30th..etc. Watching them on Netflix will do fine until then.

Judd Lynn back:
I like him but I'm not as crazy for him as other people are, I preferred the first part of RPM than his by a lot but I'm very glad we're getting something different for this season and it will be a much better show because of it.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 12:17 PM   #1712
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post

PR Legacy set: I really wanted it and now that I can buy it I don't want it. It's way too much money, you're adding an extra 300 dollars from the normal price (the extra 150 and shipping) not to mention it's so expensive I'm sure going to get import duties which can be random and up to 60% of the price and for such an expensive set it makes it too big of a risk. The case is actually way too big, I have no space for that and the DVDs being in DVD wallets is just ugh. The fact that the latest seasons aren't Blu-Rays makes this also not a definitive set since those seasons need better releases. I was also not a fan about the missing dialog on some episodes and pre-911 versions of TF, these small things become big factors when you're paying so much money. And yes I get it's 25 years of PRs but counting most of those episodes aren't even that good, it's too much money and space to justify it. I think I prefer having digital versions for such a big show, dealing with physical media with so many episodes is a hassle. I can wait for a future "anniversary" set which we all know will happen eventually whether it's for the 25th, 30th..etc. Watching them on Netflix will do fine until then.
I didn't think you'd ever want the legacy set anyway, since earlier, you expressed disinterest in getting even the seasons 8-12 set just because the Time Force set has the post-9/11 versions of the episodes.

I wouldn't really expect the legacy set to have Blu-ray discs of Samurai through Megaforce since this set is primarily a DVD set. A lot of people complain that this set is too expensive as it is, and adding Blu-ray versions to the set wouldn't make them like it any better.

Also, it's TWENTY years worth of Power Rangers. Plus we don't KNOW that Shout! Factory will do another anniversary set. They've already considered the possibility that doing a set like this for the 25th anniversary would piss a lot of people off with how much this set costs. Even if one does happen, you most likely won't even want it either. When you come right down to it, you may not even be a PR fan by then anymore.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:42 PM   #1713
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I never mentioned that, you must be confusing me with someone else, it's the first time I mention the pre-9/11 episodes. I wanted it when it was announced. I think the set has plenty of value but not for me. Those little details make it not be an impulse buy and thinking it over makes me realize I don't need it. I'm not saying Shout will do another set, but come on do you truly beleive this is the last time PRs is getting some type of anniversary set, it's foolish to think that. Also If I've been a fan for 25 years of PRs I will always be a fan, it's not like it's a passing phase we're not kids or teenagers, I enjoy the concept of the show.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:08 PM   #1714
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
I never mentioned that, you must be confusing me with someone else, it's the first time I mention the pre-9/11 episodes. I wanted it when it was announced. I think the set has plenty of value but not for me. Those little details make it not be an impulse buy and thinking it over makes me realize I don't need it. I'm not saying Shout will do another set, but come on do you truly beleive this is the last time PRs is getting some type of anniversary set, it's foolish to think that. Also If I've been a fan for 25 years of PRs I will always be a fan, it's not like it's a passing phase we're not kids or teenagers, I enjoy the concept of the show.
I'm talking about this. Okay, you never mentioned the post-9/11 versions of the PRTF episodes directly there, but it was implied since it came right after my post talking about how Shout! Factory wasn't able to obtain any of them in their original forms.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...postcount=1525

And how could you be a fan of Power Rangers for 25 years when it has only been around for 21 years? Also, even if another anniversary set is done for the show, I'm not holding my breath for a 25th anniversary set or even a 30th anniversary set. Maybe not even a 35th anniversary set.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:50 PM   #1715
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well I was showing my dislike of how the set came not specifically just that but the whole package, but yeah it was included there. I just mentioned it because your post seemed to imply like I was one of those people who have complained about pre-911 eps a lot. Anyway yeah I got confused with the year count. But unlike you I know something will eventually come out, maybe that set will win me over, maybe not. But I can wait. Just think about how many anniversary sets all franchises have.
Old 04-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #1716
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
But unlike you I know something will eventually come out, maybe that set will win me over, maybe not. But I can wait. Just think about how many anniversary sets all franchises have.
Well excuse me for not having psychic powers.

Besides, shouldn't there be something about a 30th anniversary set for G1 Transformers by now?
Old 04-05-2014, 03:34 PM   #1717
sdp
Megan Fox = April

There will be other sets, because of money. Future sets might not take long or they might take a while but eventually they'll happen, they might be better or they might be worse, only time will tell. This sets might be perfect for you, great but I'm willing to wait.
Old 04-05-2014, 03:53 PM   #1718
Storm Eagle
Saved by

Quote:
There will be other sets, because of money. Future sets might not take long or they might take a while but eventually they'll happen, they might be better or they might be worse, only time will tell. This sets might be perfect for you, great but I'm willing to wait.
Well let's see if you'll want them by then, and if they'll be good enough for you to buy then or if you decide you'll hold out for better sets. Hell, there's even a chance that I might not want to own my sets anymore or even get future versions if they come out.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:03 PM   #1719
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold

Talking at least someone agrees with me

Quote:
Better PR movie: MMPR is definitely the better movie. It takes the show and makes into a "movie" event, it's perfect and makes the transition very nicely. Yeah it doesn't feel like an episode, it feels like a movie of the show. Love it and has aged as well as the original MMPR show, whether you see that as good or bad, in my eyes that's good, love the 90s cheese. Turbo feels like an episode of the show, a 5 parter, but a really boring one. No contest.
ty! lol!

Visit My Wish List:

My Collection:
Old 04-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #1720
Storm Eagle
Saved by

I've been playing the discs from the legacy set. I started with PRLR and right now I'm on MMPR season 2.

A Disney Adventures magazine that came out near the end of the summer of 1994 had a PR quiz in it, and that's where people would learn that Trini would be leaving. A question stated that a ranger would be letting go of their powers in the upcoming second season, and asked which one it would be, and the choices are Tommy, Trini, Billy, and Kimberly. You'd think it's Tommy, but Trini was the correct choice. Note how neither Jason nor Zack aren't among the four choices. They could have made Jason a choice instead of Trini, but that would most likely cause panic among the fans. So I kind of wonder why, if at all, they thought Trini would be a best as one of the four choices instead of Zack.

Also, Power Rangers in Space volume 1 will be coming to DVD on August 5th.
http://www.amazon.com/Power-Rangers-...rhf_se_p_tnr_1

Tags
power rangers