The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 06-01-2018, 09:22 AM   #221
eastlos217
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
How much people wanted for last year TMNT exclusives on ebay ?
around 400. it was selling for 200 at the Con, so people tried to double it. some were selling too.

these tho, at 125, you can guess around 250 for the basic four set.
eastlos217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:23 AM   #222
SilverNinja
Foot Soldier

These are seriously incredible! I own all the 1/4 versions, but I am all for these as well! While I get that this might not be the most exciting release...I'm all for it and I hope this means the line might be fleshed out in the future. I'd love to see Casey Jones, Shredder, The Foot, Splinter...any character that is a possibility where likeness can be avoided.

I'd also like to finally see any progress made on the 1/4 Shredder and the Foot Soldier.

It's a pretty awesome time to be a TMNT fan.
SilverNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 10:09 AM   #223
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZAOx View Post
Still a disappointment for me personally. How NECA runs their business annoys me. I know they need to make money, but I feel like they sometimes they purposefully put out "less desirable" versions of a product, to put out more desired versions later, to milk the use out of a mold. Video game before cartoon, normal Raph then disguise Raph, quarter scale then 7" scale.
I feel ya bro.

I noticed Raphael's Sai are not properly stored in his belt. They need to point outward. With 1:4 Raph I can easily do this with his right side but if I put the Sai like this in his left slot of the belt this weapon will break easily.

However, kind of sloppy of Neca of you ask me.

Curious if the accessoires are different but I think not
LeoRaDoMic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 10:22 AM   #224
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Like I always say Playmates can suck my left nut. They haven't done crap with the adult collector license since those SOTO abominations from last year. Just give Neca the damn license already so we can get turtles at 25 bucks a pop
Old 06-01-2018, 10:26 AM   #225
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Like I always say Playmates can suck my left nut. They haven't done crap with the adult collector license since those SOTO abominations from last year. Just give Neca the damn license already so we can get turtles at 25 bucks a pop
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They do look great, but being from the UK and having already purchased the 1/4 scale version, Ill save my bucks for the video games dimension X set!

http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:00 AM   #226
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by xZAOx View Post
Still a disappointment for me personally. How NECA runs their business annoys me. I know they need to make money, but I feel like they sometimes they purposefully put out "less desirable" versions of a product, to put out more desired versions later, to milk the use out of a mold. Video game before cartoon, normal Raph then disguise Raph, quarter scale then 7" scale.
This situation is different, though. As the 1/4 scale figures are retail toys you can buy in an actual store, while the 1/10th figures are comic con exclusives that are in limited numbers.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 11:10 AM   #227
Psycho50501
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
Not only the same articulation, it seems also that the bandana tails are plastic.

Also based on the boxcover; Mike's nunchuncks must be (officially) stored still at the sides instead of his backshell
You can probably heat up the belt and have them further back.
Psycho50501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:02 PM   #228
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

A member here in Europe requested I obtain multiple sets for him and then had to cancel his orders so I still have several slots open. If you are overseas and want to negotiate with me to obtain a set for you, you need to contact me sooner rather than later.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:32 PM   #229
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoRaDoMic View Post
Not only the same articulation, it seems also that the bandana tails are plastic.

Also based on the boxcover; Mike's nunchuncks must be (officially) stored still at the sides instead of his backshell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho50501 View Post
You can probably heat up the belt and have them further back.
I did it without heat. There is a gap at the sides of the belt on the shell. It is small. I put in one side of each chuck at a time slowly working them in. I have to admit I don't think I breathed until they were in. I left them there for about a month. Partly to stretch, partly because I didn't have a lot of time to mess with Mikey, and partly because I didn't need to take them out. Now the belt is looser. It still looks fine to me, but might bother some. They go in pretty easy now. Just go slow and be careful. I got this from one of the reviews I saw on youtube. Sorry I don't remember who.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:36 PM   #230
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by inaheap View Post
I did it without heat. There is a gap at the sides of the belt on the shell. It is small. I put in one side of each chuck at a time slowly working them in. I have to admit I don't think I breathed until they were in. I left them there for about a month. Partly to stretch, partly because I didn't have a lot of time to mess with Mikey, and partly because I didn't need to take them out. Now the belt is looser. It still looks fine to me, but might bother some. They go in pretty easy now. Just go slow and be careful. I got this from one of the reviews I saw on youtube. Sorry I don't remember who.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/889/2...fd8312d1_z.jpgDSC04926 by inaheap, on Flickr
Thanks guys, but off course I knew this already. I think we shouldn't have to do this kind of effort for such an expensive figure.

What really bothers me is the Sai of Raphael are pointing inward instead of outward when stored in the belt.
Old 06-01-2018, 01:37 PM   #231
AquaParade
Banned

The lack of cloth masks turns me off quite a bit. It's one of those details that really brings the figures to life for me.

That said, still contemplating a purchase. The size is definitely more appealing to me.

Diorama is cool, but not "$125 cool". I mean, wtf.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 01:56 PM   #232
Antnee13420
Random Punk

This better not be all they have to offer this year. These are a joke compared to the 1/4 scale versions. “Jaw dropping game changer” not even close. A game changer would of been a 1:1 scale turtle head or shredder helmet would of been. I love the products they put out but between the late announcement of Ralph in disguise making many buy a 2nd and using the same molds over and over again just new paint is getting old. Neca better step their game up if they want to keep dipping their hands in my wallet.
Antnee13420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:08 PM   #233
LeoRaDoMic
Banned

Wow, multible (plastic) bandana's;

http://news.toyark.com/2018/06/01/te...by-neca-301350

Nice touch!

Last edited by LeoRaDoMic; 06-01-2018 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-01-2018, 02:10 PM   #234
DVD
Mad Scientist

I’ll opt for the boxed set of 4.
This is in line with all the other SDCC because sets that I got.
Detailing on these is neat.

Ultimately, I didn’t get the 1/4 scale. They finally showed up here a couple of months back and my enthusiasm for them had wained. Glad it did, as I do prefer my Turtles in this size/scale.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 02:54 PM   #235
Redrumh2o
Mad Scientist

What were the production runs on the last few? 7,000 total sets seems like a lot!
Redrumh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 03:03 PM   #236
cinzel
Thug

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
A member here in Europe requested I obtain multiple sets for him and then had to cancel his orders so I still have several slots open. If you are overseas and want to negotiate with me to obtain a set for you, you need to contact me sooner rather than later.
how much would be for the four figure set posted to portugal? I'm just asking without commitment
Old 06-01-2018, 03:06 PM   #237
p.tom
Thug

If anyone ends with a spare set, I'll happily buy it from you (Located in Europe)
p.tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 03:26 PM   #238
Jay $tarkiller
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Just sent you a pm
Old 06-01-2018, 05:17 PM   #239
clockstomper
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Amen. I hope at some point Nick can get the license taken from them.
clockstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 05:19 PM   #240
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockstomper View Post
Amen. I hope at some point Nick can get the license taken from them.
I'd love to get a deeper dive on the pro's and con's of working with Playmates for Nickelodeon. They seem at least fairly in tune with what a lot of their fans want. I wonder what makes them stick with Playmates.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote