The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 06-15-2018, 05:23 PM   #21
pferreira
Foot Elite

Possum Pussies.

I also liked that episode where April also swore but broke the fourth wall and censored herself.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 05:53 PM   #22
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post
Possum Pussies.

I also liked that episode where April also swore but broke the fourth wall and censored herself.
Which episode was that?

Also, I vaguely recall the word "wench" being mentioned in the Norway episode or am I crazy?
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 05:59 PM   #23
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Possum Pussies was in Splinter Vanishes, when Leatherhead and the Rat King team up and Splinter "retires" as the sensei.

One of the coolest episode and insult.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:00 PM   #24
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
Possum Pussies was in Splinter Vanishes, when Leatherhead and the Rat King team up and Splinter "retires" as the sensei.

Yeah that was a great episode, indeed. Funny how Leatherhead and Rat King fought on the episode they met each other.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:02 PM   #25
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

They were a match made in heaven.

First met in "Leatherhead meets the Rat the Rat King", then "Splinter Vanishes" and finally "Night of the Rogues"

Pretty much all of Leatherhead's episode except for his debut involved the Rat King.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 06-15-2018, 06:05 PM   #26
Prowler
Emperor

He was also in an episode with the Punk Frogs.

Leatherhead was only in 4 episodes in the FW series.

Also, in that Splinter Vanishes episode, how did the Turtles manage to find jobs legally? They don't have ID, social security or anything like that
Old 06-15-2018, 06:09 PM   #27
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I think it was by that time that the turtles were recognized by public as heroes and didn't need to hide anymore.

Why ask them for IDs when theyre the Ninja Turtles, their mere presence will make big bucks I mean, just look at Turtlemania in real life lol.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:11 PM   #28
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I think it was by that time that the turtles were recognized by public as heroes and didn't need to hide anymore.

Why ask them for IDs when theyre the Ninja Turtles, their mere presence will make big bucks I mean, just look at Turtlemania in real life lol.
Yeah I was kinda joking. But ofc in the show itself the Turtles didn't have action figures, their own tv show and such.

Also why didn't Leatherhead try to eat Shredder or the Rat King? he's a massive carnivorous gator and he was a gator right from the beginning, so why didn't he attempt to eat humans?
Old 06-15-2018, 06:15 PM   #29
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Also why didn't Leatherhead try to eat Shredder or the Rat King? he's a massive carnivorous gator and he was a gator right from the beginning, so why didn't he attempt to eat humans?
I think you just answered one of the shows biggest questions. What happened to two of the show's Punk Frogs who stopped appearing after the Leatherhead episodes.

Old 06-15-2018, 06:16 PM   #30
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I imagine he might just not like the taste of human?

And then there'd be this joke, now best applied to IDW
Old 06-15-2018, 06:18 PM   #31
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I think you just answered one of the shows biggest questions. What happened to two of the show's Punk Frogs who stopped appearing after the Leatherhead episodes.
Oh? Genghis had his own episode as did Napoleon. Also two of the Frogs(forgot which ones) appeared in the Dirk Savage episode.

The frogs escaped Leatherhead anyway. Remember that Leatherhead eventually moves in to NYC's sewers.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:03 PM   #32
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

Weren't Napoleon and Genghis the only frogs to appear after the first Leatherhead episode?

I do recall The Frogs making a cameo appearance in "Leonardo the Renisance turtle" but can't remember if it was all 4 or just Napoleon and Genghis.

Old 06-15-2018, 07:04 PM   #33
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Weren't Napoleon and Genghis the only frogs to appear after the first Leatherhead episode?

I do recall The Frogs making a cameo appearance in "Leonardo the Renisance turtle" but can't remember if it was all 4 or just Napoleon and Genghis.
I don't remember. They all had the same personality so it was hard to keep track.
Old 06-15-2018, 08:23 PM   #34
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by pferreira View Post

"Leonardo, Renaissance Turtle."

LEX is arresting Leo & April. April says something to the effect "I can think of a few [words], but they're not appropriate for television."

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2018, 01:36 PM   #35
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:

So what episode was the one where April breaks the fourth wall and censors herself so not to offend the audience?
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 08:15 PM   #36
miru
Mad Scientist

“The only good Turtle is soup.”

That’s a rather sick burn that sticks out to me.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 11:31 PM   #37
DarkFell
A Crusty Bob Fan

The insults and verbal jabs that OT Krang said to Shredder and both mutant henchmen were gold some of the time.
DarkFell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 01:02 AM   #38
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I guess I've never really thought much of TMNT in these terms... but damn, I know there's been some good burns in Mirage TMNT that have gone under the radar.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 01:27 AM   #39
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post

What about you? What are your favourite insults in TMNT?
The fan base.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:45 AM   #40
Donnie
Something from the Past

This isn't an insult, but the funniest part for me is probably Raphael's sarcasm in SotO, when the Turtles are looking for a new lair: "and we're down here playing Century 21"
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote