The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 01-07-2012, 03:48 PM   #1
tj96
New Recruit

Contra for $6, pretty good deal
tj96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #2
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Batman, Ace Combat, Uncharted 3, Rayman, Sonic, Zelda, Assassin's Creed Revelations, Deus Ex, Ico/SOTC, Skyrim, Gears 3 and Saint's Row 3.

I've been gone a long time.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
Volvagia
Foot Soldier

Bought a Playstation 2 and Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2.
Volvagia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #4
Chipzard
Foot Soldier

Talking

After I bought Fossil Fighter Super Champions (which I'm still playing and still enjoy the game anyway), I thought of getting a game for Christmas right? I asked my mom to get me Transformer: Dark of the Moon: Autobots for Christmas and she did from Gamestop. But I made a mistake, sigh! I looked the review online, AFTER I got that game for Christmas, and guess what? The review of that DS game is BAD/POOR, great! I thought I give that game a chance, to try again, but it's too basic, not much to do, very repetitive too, sigh! So yeah, I decided to sell/trade it back to GameStop, and get STore Credit on my Power Point Game Stop Card. Dang...I should of checked the reviews online, BEFORE I got that game huh? The rating was like 3 or 4...which mean BAD! So yeah, I just sticked to Super Fossil Fighter Champion, it's the best Game, and also the 1st Fossil Fighter game too, they're awesome guys
Chipzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:16 PM   #5
NiNi
Hench Mutant

-thinks- Hmm... the last video game purchase I did was Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Last game I played? TMNT Turtles in Time Re-Shelled. ...I finally got the achievement where you beat the final boss without losing a life. n_n;
Old 05-09-2013, 04:08 PM   #6
animal
Banned

Always lurking here -_-
animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #7
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake123 View Post
Always lurking here -_-
The hell's that supposed to mean?
Old 05-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #8
Peanut
Second Gear

I've been playing a bunch of Cubivore and what the f*ck?
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:17 PM   #9
Mew
Banned

I'm playing AVGN Adventures.
Mew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 09:05 PM   #10
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Meow View Post
I'm playing AVGN Adventures.
I found that game to be a lot of fun. A bit hellish at times, but I made my way through it. The final boss was a mondo pain in the ass, though. Had me screaming like AVGN while tryna beat it. The soundtrack is super dope & I like the graphic style. My only complaint is I wish it had more levels.

I just wanna reiterate how much I am loving Wind Waker HD. Man, it's gorgeous, & despite this being my 3rd or 4th playthrough of the game, its by far been the most fun I've ever had with it. I hope the next LOZ has a similar control scheme as far as having the items & maps on the control (which seems obvious, but still) as that's really enhanced the experience for me. The lighting effects are so killer. I dunno, I'm just really in the spirit of it. & I'm for once trying to get everything completed, which has been an addicting process.

Also, thanks to the Digital Deluxe Promotion Nintendo put together, & a sale that was taking place at the time, I managed to get two rad games for $5 in e-shop credit. Block Drop U, & Paper Monsters. The former is a rad physics title good for killing time in short bursts (though I beat it very quickly, as I couldn't put it down) & the latter is a very simplistic/easy sidescrolling platformer, but I find it to be pretty charming & enjoyable despite it's younger demographic.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 10:30 PM   #11
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I just wanna reiterate how much I am loving Wind Waker HD. Man, it's gorgeous, & despite this being my 3rd or 4th playthrough of the game, its by far been the most fun I've ever had with it. I hope the next LOZ has a similar control scheme as far as having the items & maps on the control (which seems obvious, but still) as that's really enhanced the experience for me. The lighting effects are so killer. I dunno, I'm just really in the spirit of it. & I'm for once trying to get everything completed, which has been an addicting process.
Yeah, yo, Wind Waker HD is awesome. I'm sure the next one will have the same controls.
Old 01-14-2015, 05:29 PM   #12
Mew
Banned

The levels were very nice, mostly.
And I like the MegaMan style.
Saw the cameo by Andre (Black Nerd Comedy)
Old 01-15-2015, 07:02 PM   #13
ProactiveMan
Spooky ghost

I'm playing Super Mario 3D World and I'm kicking its ass. It's either too easy or my platforming muscles are overworked from Tropical Freeze. It's a fun game though, and really clever in places.

Shadow Warrior is getting pretty damn hard; there is an enemy type that starts as a kind of mini-boss, but becomes fairly common as the game goes on, that can resurrect dead enemies, as well as spawn hordes of new ones. You have to try to kill them as quick as you can, but they periodically generate a protective force-field which forces you to deal with the swarms of lesser enemies, who keep coming back to life.
Old 01-12-2015, 03:30 PM   #14
Mew
Banned

I just got Wii Party U for my Wii U!!!
Old 06-29-2015, 10:41 AM   #15
THGhost
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
What a presumptuous asshole. I play tons of racing games. I don't get why people have to try so hard to justify them liking something.

It's the cycle of Batman games. The people who love it just can't handle people being like "It's good, but it has real problems with such and such".
Wait, you thought I was being serious? How presumptuous of you! Tongue smilies are there for a reason.
Your avatar is making me feel like Harry Styles called me an asshole. I have no idea what to make of that.

I think being good at controlling the Batmobile all depends on the player. Keep practicing, I will admit it took some getting used to at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
These last two pages are the reason I loathe tent pole AAA titles with any amount of name brand recognition, excessive marketing, or nostalgic value.
Arkham Knight does appear have to taken over this thread, hasn't it?

My favourite part of Arkham Knight has to be how
Spoiler:
the Joker is inside your head for most of the game, cracking jokes and only Batman can see him.
It was really well done.
Spoiler:
So glad they got Mark Hamill back. I was sad to hear that he was retiring the character after Arkham City.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42

Last edited by THGhost; 06-29-2015 at 11:41 AM.
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:01 AM   #16
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

It's not presumptuous to take what someone said at face value.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:32 AM   #17
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Arkham Knight does appear have to taken over this thread, hasn't it?
That's not the issue I have with this stuff. Like...at all.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:42 AM   #18
THGhost
Puppet Master

Anyone looking forward to the Mad Max game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
That's not the issue I have with this stuff. Like...at all.
Then what is? I'm not sure I understood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
It's not presumptuous to take what someone said at face value.
I'll try to make my jokes/sarcasm a little more obvious next time then.

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:13 PM   #19
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Then what is? I'm not sure I understood.
Because those types of games are impossible to have intelligent conversations about. To a large majority of rubes, those kind of games are critic proof. They're the kind of games that haul in the "GOAT! OMG!" comments that are absolutely useless, personally speaking as someone who likes to look at games a bit more thoroughly than the general populace, or even the "hardcore" GAF types who make me sick to my f*cking guts.

They're the kind of games that get you jumped for dissenting (or even slightly less than masturbatory) opinions, because people put on the blinders and don't have the knowledge or the maturity to admit faults in things they like, or god forbid, the things they are required to defend as zealots for corporations who want to milk them for every dollar they have. The biggest communication block in most cases being their absolute adherence to the word of people who assign arbitrary scores to things. These same people will, of course, retort with arguments about corruption if said arbitrary scores don't meet the standards that allow them to continue being ignorant f*cks.

The worst part of all of it is that these people can't even EXPLAIN why something is good, or why it works well. They just say "Well, I liked it," and think that means anything worth a sh*t. If you can't defend your stance about something, in one way or another, then you just need to not say sh*t about anything, because what's the point? But that's an issue with human beings and the Internet in general. Too many people spend all their time in an echo chamber and lose complete sight of reality.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:47 AM   #20
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
I think being good at controlling the Batmobile all depends on the player. Keep practicing, I will admit it took some getting used to at first
Its not that I'm having trouble getting through sections or can't grasp the controls. I get it. I get through them fine.

Its just that they aren't particularly fun or entertaining. It's a slog and it happens constantly. THAT is my problem with it.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awesome, cybercubed the diaper, cybercubed the homophobe, peanut, video games