The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 07-13-2009, 05:24 PM   #1
TMNTandYuGiOhDVDfan
Random Punk

Question When is Shout Factory and 4Kids going to sign a deal for a DVD Distribution rights?

For over 7 Months they 4Kids has not a found distributer for the TMNT (2003) and Yu-Gi-Oh series, however fortunately it has been rumored so far that Shout Factory might the new distributer for both series.

The Question is when could they make an anoucement about a new distributer? Are they close to finding one yet?

And Which DVD will they release first?
TMNTandYuGiOhDVDfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:50 PM   #2
The Terror of Death
Stone Warrior

Funi still has the DVD rights to YuGiOh, Rise Of the Sacred Beasts part 2 is going to be released in September.

Still no word on who's going to distribute TMNT but we'll probably find out the week of the SDCC.
The Terror of Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTandYuGiOhDVDfan View Post
And Which DVD will they release first?
I would hope they do BttS first, since it's the only season I don't have on DVD. I definitely want seasons 3 and 4, but they can wait.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 06:22 PM   #4
TMNTandYuGiOhDVDfan
Random Punk

[QUOTE=The Terror of Death;706108]Funi still has the DVD rights to YuGiOh, Rise Of the Sacred Beasts part 2 is going to be released in September.

Look 4Kids told me Yu-Gi-Oh! GX is the ONLY series left on the Funimation Market. So for the Yu-Gi-Oh! and Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's Series, we could still have great luck with this new distributor.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:23 PM   #5
TMNTandYuGiOhDVDfan
Random Punk

Still no word on who's going to distribute TMNT but we'll probably find out the week of the SDCC.[/QUOTE]

And which date and month is it?
Old 07-13-2009, 06:26 PM   #6
ToTheNines
[sic]

It's later next week
Old 07-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #7
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
When is Shout Factory and 4Kids going to sign a deal for a DVD Distribution rights?
Tryna give me a heart-attack, huh? I was thinking Johnny Modlin was back to annoy the piss out of everyone again.
Quote:
And which date and month is it?
Thursday after next to the following Sunday.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 10:28 PM   #8
FlawedCoil82
Stone Warrior

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I would hope they do BttS first, since it's the only season I don't have on DVD. I definitely want seasons 3 and 4, but they can wait.
I am the exact opposite. I couldn't care less about BTTS. I want them to finish getting seasons 3 and 4 out first in season sets before they worry about BTTS.
Jack
FlawedCoil82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:04 PM   #9
Luke795
Hench Mutant

Is there any news on Sonic X?
Luke795 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:24 PM   #10
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke795 View Post
Is there any news on Sonic X?
According to Toonzone, Funimation will be releasing "Sonic X: The Egg Moon, Emerald & Homebound Sagas" on September 22, 2009 for an MSRP of $14.98.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 11:24 PM   #11
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
When is Shout Factory and 4Kids going to sign a deal for a DVD Distribution rights?
The same time the missing three episodes of the old toon make it to DVD, Turtles Forever uses old toon voice actors in ALL of their respective roles, NECA releases a full, proper second wave of TMNT figures, and Turtles in Time Re-Shelled has the arcade version's music.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:05 AM   #12
bedbugjones
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
According to Toonzone, Funimation will be releasing "Sonic X: The Egg Moon, Emerald & Homebound Sagas" on September 22, 2009 for an MSRP of $14.98.
so tmnt season 3 might still come out. The last sonic x set came out september 2008,tmnt came out october 2008. Maybe they worked things out with funimation!!!
bedbugjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:10 AM   #13
Tuxedo Moroboshi
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
I am the exact opposite. I couldn't care less about BTTS. I want them to finish getting seasons 3 and 4 out first in season sets before they worry about BTTS.
Jack
I concur. And it's not just because I don't like FF or BttS, but because I feel that the main 2k3 seasons need the priority since they came first.
Tuxedo Moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 02:58 PM   #14
Chris
Mad Scientist

I'd prefer BttS first as we already have seasons 3 and 4 on DVD. Sure they're a bit out of order and not in pretty season sets, but they're still avaliable on DVD.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:00 PM   #15
X
Stone Warrior

I got all giddy when I finally saw a listing at Walmart, and Best Buy's websites for the new Sonic X.

That should be the final release for those who have the first three saga DVD's, plus the complete fifth and sixth seasons... That means after this saga comes out, I will finally have the series in full. Can't wait.
Old 07-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #16
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawedCoil82 View Post
Jack
I was like that before I went and got seasons 3-4 in their original sets. As long as I have 3 and 4 in order for my next NT viewing (which will be a while since I'm about the finish season 5 right now) I'm fine. I know BttS sucked, but I'd just enjoy saying that I own the entire series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
The same time the missing three episodes of the old toon make it to DVD, Turtles Forever uses old toon voice actors in ALL of their respective roles, NECA releases a full, proper second wave of TMNT figures, and Turtles in Time Re-Shelled has the arcade version's music.
You just busted all kinds of troll ass in one post lol.

(At least two of those could happen btw)
Old 07-15-2009, 06:03 PM   #17
U2WaTCHer
Hench Mutant

after all that space stuff, did Sonic X end? or was there even a ending. I was so pissed how Robotnic would always become Sonics friend and not a threat. I wish he had balls like Sat am Robotnic
Old 07-17-2009, 05:34 PM   #18
TMNTandYuGiOhDVDfan
Random Punk

Bad News 2 Days ago i wrote 2 to Joe Lyons (Home Media Director of 4Kids) They said they will not annouce new distribution deals at the comic con!! So that means no distributer for Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's, or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2003) as of yet.

So Is shout factory going to be the distributer for the TMNT and Yu-Gi-Oh! series? if so then When should we expect an announcement?
Old 07-18-2009, 12:08 PM   #19
TMNTbrotha65
Random Punk

Dude when he says they're not announcing distrubutors that doesnt mean that there isn't one for those shows yet. it just means that they werent' gonna make an annnouncement. who knows maybe Shout is the new distrubutor right now but that doesnt mean that have to tell us.
TMNTbrotha65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 08:02 PM   #20
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTbrotha65 View Post
Dude when he says they're not announcing distrubutors that doesnt mean that there isn't one for those shows yet. it just means that they werent' gonna make an annnouncement. who knows maybe Shout is the new distrubutor right now but that doesnt mean that have to tell us.
I don't see why they wouldn't.