The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 07-11-2018, 04:49 PM   #301
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
I also want to know what they had planned for the next movie before she died.
They had no specific plan for her in IX beyond "it'll be a big part, like Han in 7 or Luke in 8." And whatever was in the draft Trevorrow turned in that was rejected.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 12:45 PM   #302
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

George Lucas is aboard IX. Maybe. Kind of.

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/d...ode-ix-script/
Old 07-27-2018, 12:51 PM   #303
Vegita-San
Emperor

equals = really desperate

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:16 PM   #304
frank_one
Mad Scientist

A good strategy. So if the movie turn out to be bad the fans will think it's all Lucas' fault and Disney will move on with the new trilogy not related to the Skywalker family. The perfect way to jump out of a car crash.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:22 PM   #305
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
A good strategy. So if the movie turn out to be bad the fans will think it's all Lucas' fault
Probably.

Quote:
and Disney will move on with the new trilogy not related to the Skywalker family.
There is no reason to think Episode X onward is going to abandon the Skywalker lineage. Isn't that the whole purpose of the numbered saga?
Old 07-27-2018, 02:32 PM   #306
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Star Wars: Episode IX Cast Announced
Returning and new cast members will join together for the final installment of the Skywalker saga.

Star Wars: Episode IX will begin filming at London’s Pinewood Studios on August 1, 2018. J.J. Abrams returns to direct the final installment of the Skywalker saga. Abrams co-wrote the screenplay with Chris Terrio.

Returning cast members include Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, and Billie Lourd. Joining the cast of Episode IX are Naomi Ackie and Richard E. Grant, who will be joined by veteran Star Wars actors Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Billy Dee Williams, who will reprise his role as Lando Calrissian.

The role of Leia Organa will once again be played by Carrie Fisher, using previously unreleased footage shot for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. “We desperately loved Carrie Fisher,” says Abrams. “Finding a truly satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker saga without her eluded us. We were never going to recast, or use a CG character. With the support and blessing from her daughter, Billie, we have found a way to honor Carrie’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII.”

Composer John Williams, who has scored every chapter in the Star Wars saga since 1977’s A New Hope, will return to a galaxy far, far away with Episode IX.

Star Wars: Episode IX will be produced by Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Michelle Rejwan, and executive produced by Callum Greene and Jason McGatlin. The crew includes Dan Mindel (Director of Photography), Rick Carter and Kevin Jenkins (Co-Production Designers), Michael Kaplan (Costume Designer), Neal Scanlan (Creature and Droid FX), Maryann Brandon and Stefan Grube (Editors), Roger Guyett (VFX Supervisor), Tommy Gormley (1st AD), and Victoria Mahoney (2nd Unit Director).

Release is scheduled for December 2019.
https://www.starwars.com/news/star-w...cast-announced
Old 07-27-2018, 02:39 PM   #307
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post

The role of Leia Organa will once again be played by Carrie Fisher, using previously unreleased footage shot for Star Wars: The Force Awakens. “We desperately loved Carrie Fisher,” says Abrams. “Finding a truly satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker saga without her eluded us. We were never going to recast, or use a CG character. With the support and blessing from her daughter, Billie, we have found a way to honor Carrie’s legacy and role as Leia in Episode IX by using unseen footage we shot together in Episode VII.”
At least Leia won't be CGI'd...
Old 07-27-2018, 02:46 PM   #308
Vegita-San
Emperor

i'm surprised mark hamil is going to be in it.

i thought he was done? or is another paycheck needed?

Old 07-27-2018, 02:54 PM   #309
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Huh. I doubt this will amount to much, then. Interesting, though. This still doesn't mean they will kill her off, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post

He's never said he was done.
Old 07-27-2018, 02:56 PM   #310
newfan
Mad Scientist

I'm not surprised Hamill will appear, it will just be a smaller part as a force ghost, unless they want to do a small flashback for something too. With the little they will have of Carrie also and it being the last in their trilogy.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 02:58 PM   #311
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Mark said his heart was not in it after Carrie passed.

One thing that would help me get excited is if Luke is alive. I know, I know....
Snoke can be a nobody killed off and Rey can be from a nobody family,but Luke...
Old 07-27-2018, 03:02 PM   #312
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:05 PM   #313
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Mark said his heart was not in it after Carrie passed.
Not having your heart in it doesn't mean you won't do a thing. It just means your heart won't be in it.

Quote:
One thing that would help me get excited is if Luke is alive. I know, I know....
It's weird. I'm hoping for that, too... but only for him to get a proper death. Which probably would be super awkward to fandangle.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:11 PM   #314
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Not having your heart in it doesn't mean you won't do a thing. It just means your heart won't be in it.

It's weird. I'm hoping for that, too... but only for him to get a proper death. Which probably would be super awkward to fandangle.
Yeah agreed, can't blame him for losing heart and yeah a twist that he just went off into another realm rather than die would interest me but also cant see them making a U turn like that, plus Leia felt him die.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:12 PM   #315
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:

Oh, of course. Its a contract that keeps him tied to it. Mark has more emotions about this then anyone on the planet probably both very positive (fans and impact and negative (direction his character took and Carrie's death). That "heart not being it it" feeling is how we got force ghost in the first place when Alec Guiness decided he did not want to go down in pop culture this way, but still had two movies to appear in.

Agreed. I mean I expected Luke to die,but at the climax of Episode 9 not his body deteriorating because of a force projection half a galaxy away. Sure Luke was badass. Its just the force projection cheapened it and took away what he did there. Not to mention there is more story to tell. Not that "Luke found purpose" in dialog between Leia and Rey. It just seemed logical with Carrie passing that Luke is left to do more not just leave it as Johnson preferred.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:15 PM   #316
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
interesting.

so, they let him trash the movies all he wants, to an extent, and he still gets to come back cause he has to?

unique deal.

Old 07-27-2018, 03:16 PM   #317
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Returning cast members include Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Kelly Marie Tran, Joonas Suotamo, and Billie Lourd. Joining the cast of Episode IX are Naomi Ackie and Richard E. Grant, who will be joined by veteran Star Wars actors Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, and Billy Dee Williams, who will reprise his role as Lando Calrissian.
Should we talk about who is NOT on the list? There is two notable ones.

1) No Gwendoline Christie. Captain Phasma really just goes out and stays out like a chump, huh?

2) No Benicio Del Toro. In other words... no justification for his character ever having existed in Last Jedi.

It's also weird they don't mention Keri Russell.
Old 07-27-2018, 03:16 PM   #318
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Quote:
There is no reason to think Episode X onward is going to abandon the Skywalker lineage. Isn't that the whole purpose of the numbered saga?
Will there ever be an Episode X? They've already announced the Rian Johnson's trilogy and the Skywalkers won't be in it.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:17 PM   #319
Vegita-San
Emperor

maybe asohka tano is master of the time realm now.

and at the end of episode 9, she erases all that happens, and what is left in it's place? the first shot of the Thrawn Trilogy.. disney essentially getting to reboot what it messed up.

Old 07-27-2018, 03:19 PM   #320
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_one View Post
Will there ever be an Episode X?
Probably.

Quote:
They've already announced the Rian Johnson's trilogy and the Skywalkers won't be in it.
Correct. But no one is expecting the Johnson trilogy -- and whether or not the trilogy even happens is another story -- to have anything to do with the numbered saga.