The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 09:34 AM   #101
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

More investigations after the Mueller nothing report:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/04/polit...ent/index.html
Old 03-05-2019, 02:17 AM   #102
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

It's a pity Trump can't keep his crimes a bigger secret. Maybe this wouldn't happen if he wasn't both surrounded by and a total moron himself.

To be clear: after his personal attorney, a man who publicly stated that he'd take a bullet for Donald Trump, implicated the POTUS in several crimes with hard evidence to back it up, some people don't want to investigate that.

In short: some people are ok with the President being a criminal.

Also, if you keep misrepresenting the news, I'm going to have to take action, Andrew. Running from the truth doesn't help our country.
Old 03-05-2019, 02:49 AM   #103
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/05/p...rld/index.html

Democrats now investigating every corner of Trump's life. This presidency is OVER!

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:39 AM   #104
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

This presidency never began. The man's a do-nothing charlatan who has no idea what he's doing. He just rambles to his cult and they eat it up.

The worst part is that when it becomes apparent how much we've lost by indulging this man-child of a criminal and his thugs, they'll all blame everyone but themselves for what's happened.

It's already been projected that current financial practices are going to leave us in a recession by 2021.

And they'll come out and say

Quote:
but the stock market just hit 20,000! Unemployment is at an all time low! Voltron's deranged! He's a dumbocrat libtard!
To which I respond:

1. The DOW hit 20,000 because it only incorporates the best performing companies. If the company isn't performing well, it's dropped from the index. Thus, the DOW is always going to trend up, regardless.

2. Unemployment is low, but wages are stagnant and people are still hurting financially. If you aren't part of the upper crust, which I'm betting all of us are not, then you aren't doing anywhere NEAR as good as your CEO.

3. Calling other people crazy for pointing out flaws in your plan and posting articles and sources to do so is not proper discourse. You're denying the reality of the situation, and it's going to lead to disaster.

4. The GOP can always be counted on to project their own issues onto everyone else but themselves.

Currently, the GOP has literally committed election fraud. They've literally tried to rig an election so they would win. There's evidence for this. Should it go to court, there is a better than good chance that they'll be found guilty of it.

So what does the party of personal responsibility do? Mitch McConnell blames the Democrats for not making a law to stop the GOP from doing this. That's right. It's someone else's fault that the GOP broke the law.

And bear in mind: this was a huge talking point of the GOP during the election. Trump went on and on about compromised elections, and how we all need to be ready to challenge the results should he lose.

. . . and now it's found out that the GOP actually did this, and there's not a single one of them demanding justice.

Quote:
Like the Democrats would! Voltron, you're deranged!
We can agree that the Democrats aren't 100% innocent in their long and storied history. Sure. But they're a hell of a lot better at demanding their colleagues stand down after similar scandals.

For example, Al Franken was forced to step down after some photos surfaced of him making lewd jokes.

Roy Moore has multiple child molestation charges, and the GOP championed him.

Rod Blagojevich misuses his political power. He's impeached.

Trump commits campaign finance violations. Nothing to see here!

Attends Epsteins child rape parties. No big deal!

Hangs out with Russian agents in the Oval Office without American staff present. Eh, no biggie.

Obama is black. HE'S FROM KENYA!

In the end, it's clear who the "deranged" party is. It's the one who forgives Trump for any and all transgressions, but demands continuing investigations into Hillary Clinton's involvement in Benghazi.

By they way, Trump sent American troops on a suicide a week into his presidency despite being warned not to do it by military intelligence. Is that bad?

We'll never find out, because if confronted by any of their shenanigans, they inevitably say:

Quote:
Oh, yeah? Well, what about. . .?
Old 03-05-2019, 10:24 AM   #105
Metalwolf
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post

We can agree that the Democrats aren't 100% innocent in their long and storied history. Sure. But they're a hell of a lot better at demanding their colleagues stand down after similar scandals.
Definitely not 100% innocent. Oh most definitely.

Did you know that Democrats started the KKK way back when? And used race politics to divide poor people (black and white) to prevent them from forming their own power block and challenging the social elites?

They used to paint black people as helpless and who needed white people to care for them and provide for them?

And they still doing it today, only they tell black folks that white people are automatically racist, and that only the Democratic Party can make sure they watch out for their rights, because they are the perennial victims?

No offense, but even I as a Democrat know my party isn't all lemonade and tea roses. They do some good stuff sure (like environmentalism) but even that is tempered by being in thrall to their emerging corporate overloards, who only let them go only as far until it threatens their money and power, and then they apply the leash.

So when people bash the other party and pretend that their own party does not have flaws as big as 'those people,' I start wondering if they really know their own party at all, and not how flawed it currently still is in many ways.

Last edited by Metalwolf; 03-05-2019 at 10:34 AM.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:00 AM   #106
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
https://edition.cnn.com/2019/03/05/p...rld/index.html

Democrats now investigating every corner of Trump's life. This presidency is OVER!
Not even close

Bill Clinton sexually assaulted an intern then lied under oath and they still didn't throw his butt out of office.

The biggest problem is that you need 2/3 senate vote to impeach a sitting president. It why Johnson and Clinton were not thrown out. Even though the house found them both guilty the senate exonerated them.

Basically I can't see Republicans crossing over. It would take a real smoking gun to get them to vote. I am talking about either voice or video recordings of him doing something wrong.
Old 03-05-2019, 03:11 PM   #107
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Did you know that Democrats started the KKK way back when?
And years after that, the Democrats and Repuplicans switched platforms. As an American I'd assume you knew that.
Old 03-05-2019, 06:10 PM   #108
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf View Post
Definitely not 100% innocent. Oh most definitely.

Did you know that Democrats started the KKK way back when? And used race politics to divide poor people (black and white) to prevent them from forming their own power block and challenging the social elites?
Candy Kappa handled this one.

If you're unaware of the switch in political stances, then you should take a look at the current political trends in the country.

Quote:
They used to paint black people as helpless and who needed white people to care for them and provide for them?
. . . Do they? Helpless? Again, I'll need you to point to some specific examples of your party being virulently racist.

Quote:
And they still doing it today, only they tell black folks that white people are automatically racist, and that only the Democratic Party can make sure they watch out for their rights, because they are the perennial victims?
In what way? Where have they said that white people are automatically racist? Because I accused Trump of being a racist and people insisted I was being outlandish in my claims.

Again, why would you ally yourself with such insidious racists?

Quote:
No offense, but even I as a Democrat know my party isn't all lemonade and tea roses. They do some good stuff sure (like environmentalism) but even that is tempered by being in thrall to their emerging corporate overloards, who only let them go only as far until it threatens their money and power, and then they apply the leash.
1. I'm not a Democrat.

2. I've provided instances where the "leash was applied", even at the immediate expense of Democratic power.

Quote:
So when people bash the other party and pretend that their own party does not have flaws as big as 'those people,' I start wondering if they really know their own party at all, and not how flawed it currently still is in many ways.
Then why are you still a Democrat?

Unless, of course, you're either a DINO or not a democrat at all and just use it as a clever gimmick to gain footing in an argument where there's no ground for the GOP to stand on.

Which brings me to the next point:

Trump is accused of the same thing, and I think you made a really good point about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalwolf
*crickets*
Oops! I must've misread where you weighed both sides. How unlike me.

Also, I noticed you focused on the Democrats when

1. The topic is Trump and his apparent guilt

and

2. I preemptively called you guys out on Whataboutism. But here we are, back to the same old tricks the Right has to fall on.

Denial and Misdirection.

To quote a certain orange dumbass: "SAD!"

Edit:

Apologies to Redeemer. Totally misread his argument. He made an excellent point. That was an excellent example of Democrats not following through on the moral high ground thing.

Last edited by Voltron; 03-05-2019 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Got it totally wrong.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:16 PM   #109
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

The report is completed and turned in:

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...ort/index.html
Closed Thread