The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 12-13-2018, 02:18 AM   #101
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Regarding the things with Mike, I don't really think he's naive anymore. Wanting to stop his father from converting children into soldiers isn't naive. Because of the situation with Slash - and perhaps himself to some degree - he's just sick of seeing people being turned into tools for violent means, especially when they're completely innocent. Like children.

I'd think his experience with Hob working with Hun and Slash leaving because of it really kicked his teeth in and forced him to muscle up. But also to straighten out his own morals into something more tangible.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:46 AM   #102
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Regarding the things with Mike, I don't really think he's naive anymore. Wanting to stop his father from converting children into soldiers isn't naive. Because of the situation with Slash - and perhaps himself to some degree - he's just sick of seeing people being turned into tools for violent means, especially when they're completely innocent. Like children.

I'd think his experience with Hob working with Hun and Slash leaving because of it really kicked his teeth in and forced him to muscle up. But also to straighten out his own morals into something more tangible.
That's not the part of him that I consider naive, though. It's the way he did it. He escaped with those kids, not even having thought through where they were gonna go, he wanted to raise the kids despite pretty much being a kid himself which is a pretty childish thing to do, etc. And really, the fact that it all turned out well comes down to him getting lucky and Splinter finding them.
Old 12-13-2018, 04:55 AM   #103
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Ah yeah, that is a good point. Still, I do think his heart was very much in the right place. His execution, however...

I still wouldn't call that total naivete; he's getting better.
Old 12-13-2018, 05:06 AM   #104
Igglet

Quote:
Ah yeah, that is a good point. Still, I do think his heart was very much in the right place. His execution, however...

I still wouldn't call that total naivete; he's getting better.
Mikey is pretty much the living manifestation of "Good idea, bad execution" OR "Bad idea, good execution". There's nothing in-between with the guy.
Old 12-13-2018, 08:15 AM   #105
BISHART
Mouser

Quote:
Okay, but Kevin's absolutely killing it with his artstyle this time around!

He looks like he's trying to match more of the IDW "brand" of style than using his own (as he has with the special covers and that one issue we never speak of), and it looks pretty amazing.

Also, nice to see a return to Long&Tall Alopex.
Pssst. Kevin didn’t draw this issue. But I’m glad you love it!
BISHART is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 08:42 AM   #106
Igglet

When everyone loves your art but then they start praising Eastman for it.

Old 12-13-2018, 09:10 AM   #107
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Spoiler:
Another random name drop... on the two-page spread, check out the shoulder of the EPF goon grabbing Raph's head
Uhm, OK. Seems a little random.
Spoiler:
Is he also a robot?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2018, 11:27 AM   #108
CyberCubed
Overlord

Probably just an Easter egg thrown in by the artist, but cool nonetheless.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 10:01 PM   #109
daggio
Foot Soldier

I know it's been said that this issue takes place after "Battle Lines", but I'll be curious to see what Bishop is using as an android body (if one at all) the next time we see him in the ongoing series. Cuz if he's walking around in another body that looks exactly like the one he had before then we know that has those things in storage ready to go . But if he's walking around in something completely different, or even no android body at all, then we know that the Raph Macro has to occur after "Battle Lines".

Last edited by daggio; 12-28-2018 at 11:41 PM.
daggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 12:12 AM   #110
funatic
Mad Scientist

I’m way late to the party reading this... but speaking of Easter Eggs did anyone else notice that the punks roughing up Buck were basically the main characters from “Drawing Blood”, the other project Eastman and Bishop just published?
funatic is offline   Reply With Quote