The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: So, what you think of the TV show's adaptation of the original comic??
Holee Shamolee, that's flippin awesome!!! 36 62.07%
Hmm...not bad... 9 15.52%
This was a plot from the comics? 3 5.17%
*blinks* Man, theyre Returning already?! 2 3.45%
*sings* Send in the clones... 8 13.79%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 09:25 AM   #401
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellfox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Splinter
Lanagirl, Shredder is not dead. He did get his head cut off, but he got up, picked it up, and walked off. So maybe Undead might be the best way to explain it. He's going to be licking his wounds for a while though, so he probably won't make a comeback until midway through Season 2. Since the Turtles basically destroyed everything high tech in his fortress.
intentional or not that was a painful pun
ROTFL!

*goes back to reading the rest of this*
Old 10-11-2003, 09:28 AM   #402
Kid Icarus
Foot Elite

I'm pretty sure Splinter was swiped by the Guardians, and taken to TCRI (TGRI?) to be healed... and that means we should see the Triceratons in the first few espisodes of season 2 .
Old 10-11-2003, 09:28 AM   #403
tOkKa
tOkKie-Pokie,puddin'n PIE

Location: Pajamas out of the water on the elephant was sweating a lemon.
-->> ..well ya know.. Saki DOES look like a certain other villian ever'body knows n' loves..

n' i dunno.. if the next episode he trys ta drink April's blood..i'll be convinced..

!!terrible2z/GGM!!/T.G.R.I./ ..モンスターのカメを解読しなさい。
Old 10-11-2003, 09:50 AM   #404
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator

Wow.. this was a kicking ep!

Yep... you know I'm gonna say it. So I will. Is this duel between Baxter and the others what it would look like if they went up against a TF? I kept on thinking Baxter = Starscream. Baxter definatley had that same cocky, egotistical attitude, when on telling everyone his plans like an evil overlord and certianly played a bit of bad comedy stepping into between the Turtles and the Shredder like that. Loved the things the Turtles said about him though. *lol* I guess Don also figured he can use his own thoughts to make the part of Baxter's cannon to fire. Couldn't quite figure how else he made it fire.

The fight action was just awesome. I loved this ep too! The fight expressions on the Turtles faces were to die for, and the animation was great too. The script writers also did well in managing all the characters so everyone had a role without making it sound too confusing. Also felt a bit like Star Wars with Raph on the Blade speeders. And... a MOTU moment when Leo was holding the sword of Tengu up and the sparks flowing down around him.

Lastly... all this with Shredder, his armor, and the sword of Tengu is impressive. What he said about also being the one to rule in ancient Japan sez alot. Sounds like a Highlander Immortal type, but he can't be like that since decapitating the head is how you kill a Highlander. Other immortal have to be stabed in the heart, like vampires. I... don't think he's either of those...

I think maybe there is something about that suit, that after Shredder held the sword, it empowered him in a way to make him bond with both. He was already 'immortal'. I'm going to go with the fact that this Shredder is a perfected clone type. An Utrom gone sour. Cutting off his head does not stop him, cause his brains important organs are elsewhere. And when his present body fails him, he just transfers his vitals to another. Yah...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwgtrunks
I'm pretty sure Splinter was swiped by the Guardians, and taken to TCRI (TGRI?) to be healed... and that means we should see the Triceratons in the first few espisodes of season 2 .
Ohh.. yes, yes. That makes good sense, cuase there was a part in the Mirage comics where something like that happens. Then we can learn more about who the Utroms are, and perhaps the show will have a trip to space to meet Fugitoid and the Triceratons!
Old 10-11-2003, 10:04 AM   #405
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

Man, this was more than a good ep.. It was... L33T.

I can't wait to see what happens next, Is Splinter dead? What the hell was with Shredder walking off? Is he not human? OR... Does his helmet go ABOVE his head

Lol Im a pain in t3h @$$

Anyways, this was a really good episode. Anyone know when we see the Utroms?
Old 10-11-2003, 10:06 AM   #406
Nturtle
Ninja Master

The utroms are probably coming up by Episode 26, the last of this season
Old 10-11-2003, 10:08 AM   #407
Mecha Cow
Gorgeous and modest too

Heh, I really need to see these eps(I don't suppose I could ask where to get them here, could I?). I'm not too sure what to think of the undead Shredder, it will turn out either really cool or really disappointing, but 4Kids hasn't let me down so far. I sure hope he isn't an Utrom, that would kinda take the depth out of Saki's character. But then, if he would be an Utrom, his feud with them wouldn't make much sense. Plus, I a renegade Utrom is very unlikely.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:21 AM   #408
GK Punk
I'm your Devil

You know, I didn't even consider the Utrom connection. But It kind of makes sense... Maybe he was once killed, ressurected by the Utroms, and their feud begins around then?
Old 10-11-2003, 10:26 AM   #409
RskimB
Hench Mutant

Today's episode was great, Leo definitely dominated. Although Hun's disappearence was strange I thought Michaelangelo's short absence while Leo was fighting the elite was even more bizarre.

Don had an excuseon was shooting foot from out of the sky, but returned soon. What was Mikey doing, did something happen that I forgot?

Also to all the people who thinks the parents might care about the decapitation forgot about, I mean the dude got up after it he's "fine".
The parent groups should be more worried about the bad eating habits Scooby and Shaggy are setting.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:38 AM   #410
TheShredder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorseTechie
I guess Don also figured he can use his own thoughts to make the part of Baxter's cannon to fire. Couldn't quite figure how else he made it fire.
Yeah How the hell did Don make it fire? Was there a button on it or something?

Quote:
Lastly... all this with Shredder, his armor, and the sword of Tengu is impressive. What he said about also being the one to rule in ancient Japan sez alot. Sounds like a Highlander Immortal type, but he can't be like that since decapitating the head is how you kill a Highlander. Other immortal have to be stabed in the heart, like vampires. I... don't think he's either of those...
Yeah I agree if he was Immortal how does he live without his head?

Quote:
I think maybe there is something about that suit, that after Shredder held the sword, it empowered him in a way to make him bond with both. He was already 'immortal'. I'm going to go with the fact that this Shredder is a perfected clone type. An Utrom gone sour. Cutting off his head does not stop him, cause his brains important organs are elsewhere. And when his present body fails him, he just transfers his vitals to another. Yah...
I never thought about that before Shredder a Utrom? Makes sense Utroms have there brains in there stomachs.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:39 AM   #411
ThirdMarioBro
Tea Time!

Dang, that was amazing. I never would have expected to see Shredder's head roll off on Saturday Morning....*woah*.
The way they kept haing to constantly fight Baxter was cool too.
This Trilogy will go down in TMNT and animation history as one of the best.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:44 AM   #412
Brinatello
Hench Mutant

Wow, this discussion on part three goes waaaay back! Guess it's because I'm three hours behind on the west coast!

Anyway, just finished watching it myself and loved it to bits. I can tell I'm getting more and more into it because of my reactions to even the littlest things. Laughed when Mikey raised his hand. "Can we go home now?" Or the whole bit with Stockman annoying everyone. I can see him being a very difficult boss to fight on a future TMNT game! Eesh!

And oh, boy, oh, boy! The climatic scene! My mouth literally dropped when Leo beheaded Shredder. Also surprised they left it in! I didn't think they would! But, of course, we know that's not the end of him...yet.

Quote:
I knew, just knew, Shredder was going to get up again! It was far too easy for one thing, and another, this is only season one. Shredder truly dies in the original Mirage comics because he didn't have any magical powers of the sword of Tengu or that suit of armor. I think both are made of the same metal, and that's why it protected him even after having his head severed. It's one thing to be immortal, but parts of your body can still be removed! And then put back on by your other living parts...eeew!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunger_kittie
I can't wait to see what happens next, Is Splinter dead?
Yeah, he's dead. Sorry, no more Splinter. Dead and gone forever. Oh, wait, wrong universe. Stay tuned, young turtle fan, to find out if he's dead or just on a very long, and well-deserved, vacation!
Old 10-11-2003, 10:52 AM   #413
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShredder
Quote:
I guess Don also figured he can use his own thoughts to make the part of Baxter's cannon to fire. Couldn't quite figure how else he made it fire.
Yeah How the hell did Don make it fire? Was there a button on it or something?
Who cares, its a flippin cartoon and not everything is perfect. What is it with people nitpicking every little thing, because it gets annoying. Just like the glove made for a human, yet the turtles can wear it.Hey I havent heard anyone talk about that yet, surprise, surprise.
Old 10-11-2003, 10:57 AM   #414
TheShredder
Banned

Enough with this possed armour crap. Shredder is a Utrom it just makes sense. His deep voice doesn't seem to fit Saki at all. They show Shredder walking away without a head right before they are gonna show the Utroms. People with robot bodies with brains in there stomach. What do you think kids are gonna think when they see that? That Shredder is a Utrom. Remember this is a kids show I don't think they would go into a complex immortal plot. How long do Utroms live? We don't know they could live for millions of years. The Utrom idea is just simple and it makes sense.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:11 AM   #415
lethrhd
Hench Mutant

DAMMIT DAMMIT, Tokka SHUT THE HELL UP! DAMN!
Old 10-11-2003, 11:48 AM   #416
HorseTechie
Inactive Moderator

Quote:
Enough with this possed armour crap. Shredder is a Utrom it just makes sense. His deep voice doesn't seem to fit Saki at all. They show Shredder walking away without a head right before they are gonna show the Utroms. People with robot bodies with brains in there stomach. What do you think kids are gonna think when they see that? That Shredder is a Utrom. Remember this is a kids show I don't think they would go into a complex immortal plot. How long do Utroms live? We don't know they could live for millions of years. The Utrom idea is just simple and it makes sense.
I agree. Shredders either a Utrom gone bad, or a really advanced clone of himself.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:52 AM   #417
Jo Dawn
Inactive Moderator

I absolutely loved this episode. It was great. I could go on mentioning parts that I liked, but I'm sure someone's mentioned them somewhere here already. I was really happy with it. Lots of great stuff there, so... I gotta go watch it again.
Old 10-11-2003, 11:54 AM   #418
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator

wow, this was one hell of an ep...

lessee...lol, I couldn't believe how many times Baxter kept coming up. I was like, "Come on, Die already!" I must agree that the part where Leo asked what it took to stop this guy, and Shredder casually answered that he wish he knew too was wonderful...

I love Donatello in this... Baxter's boasting about his exosuit, and Don figures that the severed arm was still functional, and blows Baxter away! Hot Damn, its a good day to be a geek!

Oh, one bit I like was where Shredder's jumping at Mike, and Splinter jumps in and KICKS Mike out of the way! Just booted him in the arse, and watched him fly!

I stopped breathing when Splinter was thrown out the window. Leo's dive was awesome. a bit physics defying, but incredible, nonetheless. I didn't realize how badly injured poor Splinter was, until him and Leo were speaking...

Now he's gone...

I am planning to start up a support group thread for the Splinter fans. If you're interested, I'll start it, and we'll help each other with pics, stories, Anything Splinter-related, so we may have our Sensei with us until he returns on the cartoon.

The decapitation was...astounding. I love scene bits like that...I think I started breathing when they fried the tower with the sword. And when the body picked up its head and left... O.o woah...
Old 10-11-2003, 12:07 PM   #419
TheCloneRanger
Hench Mutant

Quote:
They show Shredder walking away without a head right before they are gonna show the Utroms. People with robot bodies with brains in there stomach. What do you think kids are gonna think when they see that? That Shredder is a Utrom. Remember this is a kids show I don't think they would go into a complex immortal plot.
Well, that's fine from OUR standpoint...but they haven't shown Utroms in their true form yet. Only those of us who have read the comics know the Utroms are in the stomachs of the 3 people.

Kids think they're just some creepy monotonous council.
Old 10-11-2003, 12:08 PM   #420
Shellfox
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Wow.. this was a kicking ep!

Yep... you know I'm gonna say it. So I will. Is this duel between Baxter and the others what it would look like if they went up against a TF? I kept on thinking Baxter = Starscream. Baxter definatley had that same cocky, egotistical attitude, when on telling everyone his plans like an evil overlord and certianly played a bit of bad comedy stepping into between the Turtles and the Shredder like that
No no not SS, I'm thinking Bombshell- simialr color patter, same tendance to control others, same insect history (cause Is till say Baxters suit had deffinant Fly-Baxter influence)
And its nice to know some one esle thinks Shredder is a ultom, thats the second thing I posted after the ep aired