The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-08-2018, 01:57 AM   #1
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

TMNT Adventures Volume 16

The final volume will be released on December 11th, 2018. Looks like the cover is not new but I think it looks like the original from issue #72.

https://www.amazon.com/Teenage-Mutan...VKANP87KM9D8MG
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:10 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

They can still release Year of the Turtle and the other specials/mini's they skipped over.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:31 PM   #3
Powder
So tired of this place

Cover's just a placeholder, I assume.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 03:27 PM   #4
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Another website is using the same cover.

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/b...9781684053711/

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
They can still release Year of the Turtle and the other specials/mini's they skipped over.
Yes indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Cover's just a placeholder, I assume.
That’s what I thought at first. Being a placeholder could be very true. Considering all the other covers to my knowledge are original to these reprints.

But then I noticed the original Archie logo location in the corner and the UPC code spot on the cover are both removed. For some reason that was making me think this is the final cover. But it might not be.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:55 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

This does represent the last of the "core" book that IDW is has to reprint (er, or at least is willing to reprint), though, yes?

Shouldn't be long then on a "Forever War" announcement, if there is to ever be one.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:19 PM   #6
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
This does represent the last of the "core" book that IDW is has to reprint (er, or at least is willing to reprint), though, yes?

Shouldn't be long then on a "Forever War" announcement, if there is to ever be one.
I mean... Maybe they're interested in making Forever War but I doubt it. Something tells me IDW higher ups don't care for this series at all, that something is just how crap these reprints are. And make no mistake, these reprints are awful, beyond the Muhammed/China shaped hole. It looks like scans and the paper is cheap as hell. It's not even good scans either, they actually went with misprint copy of issue 54. The only reason I think IDW even bothered completing the Adventures reprints, is because it turned some kind of a profit, despite the shoddy work that went into them.

You're actually better off printing out scans by yourself. I'm dead serious, the scan I found for issue 54 doesn't just have the missing page, it looks cleaner too!
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:00 PM   #7
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post

This is hurting my emotions. If only!
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 08:01 PM   #8
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I mean... Maybe they're interested in making Forever War but I doubt it. Something tells me IDW higher ups don't care for this series at all, that something is just how crap these reprints are. And make no mistake, these reprints are awful, beyond the Muhammed/China shaped hole. It looks like scans and the paper is cheap as hell. It's not even good scans either, they actually went with misprint copy of issue 54. The only reason I think IDW even bothered completing the Adventures reprints, is because it turned some kind of a profit, despite the shoddy work that went into them.

You're actually better off printing out scans by yourself. I'm dead serious, the scan I found for issue 54 doesn't just have the missing page, it looks cleaner too!
This is all true. But being an Archie TMNT completist, I've been suckered into buying every volume.
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 09:18 PM   #9
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

If you get these on instocktrades you only pay $13 per book. That is a good price for what they are. Only three bucks and some change per issue.

It’s a convenient way to just quickly read some old turtle books and not have to worry about keeping something in mint condition. Give it to your kid, take in on the bus or reading material in the bathroom.

If quality got improved price would go up. I’m not sure how many people would buy these at a $49.99 price point. Especially with over a dozen volumes to complete the set.
Old 06-15-2018, 04:43 PM   #10
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
For once I have to agree with you on something. I have the Archie stories printed in the UK comic and the quality looked clearer.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 07:33 AM   #11
Hardshell
Foot Soldier

Is there a chance this collection could include the "Year of the Turtle" mini-series? Will that be collected?
Hardshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 03:42 PM   #12
Vegeta
Hench Mutant

Would love big hardcovers for this series, 16 paperbacks is a lot of $$$.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:04 PM   #13
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
Would love big hardcovers for this series, 16 paperbacks is a lot of $$$.
Woud love big hardcovers for everything TMNT related

But yeah, this one deserves a full re-release in a couple of HC, it would't even require that many for the whole thing.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:33 PM   #14
IMJ
Emperor

This needs an Omnibus. They could cover the entire Archie series in two Omnibus releases, and then a third for the mini, the specials and one-shots.

I've spent years collecting the Archie series and various printings and whatnot, but I'd happily let those reside in a collection to glance at when an Omnibus set was on my shelf to read.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:25 PM   #15
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Hmm, I think I've just seen the official cover for Volume 16, and I hate to say it but...

The layout probably looked a lot better in Steve's head than its eventual transfer to paper and ink.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 11:45 PM   #16
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Yeah. Bad cover.

Spoiler:

Last edited by AlZarkovski; 10-02-2018 at 06:32 AM.
AlZarkovski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 03:36 AM   #17
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlZarkovski View Post
The wolf looks like he's trying to scare someone like a child.

And it's not exactly screaming final part either. Take this as an example of how to do it.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:09 AM   #18
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

If I'm being honest, I never cared much for any of these covers. They looked very amateur even though Steve Lavigne is anything but.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 10:40 AM   #19
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
If I'm being honest, I never cared much for any of these covers. They looked very amateur even though Steve Lavigne is anything but.
A shame IDW wouldn't hire Mike Dooney or Chris Allan to do those Archie covers. Doesn't make any sense to me since Dooney did that great Heroes in a Half-Shell piece for the first set of issues years ago and did a few of their Mirage Classics covers as well. I seem to remember commenting on one of this social media posts about how I wished he'd done the new Archie TPB covers, but he replied that he wasn't asked about it.

And Chris Allan is apparently happy to lend his talents to projects as well!

Either one of those guys would have done great work that also fit the visual tone of the old Archie issues.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:35 PM   #20
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
A shame IDW wouldn't hire Mike Dooney or Chris Allan to do those Archie covers. Doesn't make any sense to me since Dooney did that great Heroes in a Half-Shell piece for the first set of issues years ago and did a few of their Mirage Classics covers as well. I seem to remember commenting on one of this social media posts about how I wished he'd done the new Archie TPB covers, but he replied that he wasn't asked about it.

And Chris Allan is apparently happy to lend his talents to projects as well!

Either one of those guys would have done great work that also fit the visual tone of the old Archie issues.
Most definitely. They could've done better. I realise the original inks for these aren't available to them anymore but it would also be nice to have them recolored as the scans aren't really that great as they are. I may just mess around with a page for the fun of it.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote