The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 06-30-2020, 10:16 PM   #1561
Leo656
The Franchise

So are they even gonna lampshade the fact that one of them is clearly a Batman stand-in while the other one is a Superman pastiche, and by the way also gay? One would feel like they have to.

Boy, everything sure sucks, doesn't it? Aye-yi-YI already.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 06:41 AM   #1562
ZariusTwo
Overlord

More details on this angle

It was originally slated for 5G and would have been the status quo for Clark as a much older man, he'd be a supporting character in the role while Jon would be the mainline Superman.

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/goss...the-authority/
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:34 AM   #1563
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I know DC Comics very well, but The Authority? Never heard of it. Is this some shady government thing?
Old 07-01-2020, 06:27 PM   #1564
Leo656
The Franchise

It's one of those "What if the Justice League were jerks" kinda things. And their "Superman" and "Batman" are gay married.

I've read a little, it was alright, but like many things, not as clever as it thinks it is.

Old 07-01-2020, 06:36 PM   #1565
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
It's one of those "What if the Justice League were jerks" kinda things. And their "Superman" and "Batman" are gay married.

I've read a little, it was alright, but like many things, not as clever as it thinks it is.
Reads like a mix between farce and liberal political statements. I would rather see the Justice Lords storyline. Loved the arc.

So Joker War, Bruce does not need money to best Joker. He wins with a determination and intelligence to prevail. Dick Grayson is restored to normal. Barbara gets over her Killing Joke moment and brushes Bard aside in favor of Mr. Grayson. Harley heals up and gets the best of the college kid in the end and has a truce with the Batfamily. I think it sums it up. Haha. The only question is with 5G pushed aside what comes after that?

I am enjoying reading a few back issues. Trying to figure out what to read next.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:04 AM   #1566
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I just read Green Lantern: From Beyond The Unknown digital series first issue. Something made me laugh. Hal needs more Earth bound stories. In the far reaches of space not interacting with classic villains has been a problem since Rebirth. A guardian chastised Hal for being present on Earth for too long. Interestingly, he is undercover on Earth and states the fact he has not spent much time at home. Also, the guardian states that he is the only green lantern in sector 2814. Interestingly he was fighting Dr. Polaris, one of the neglected Green Lantern villains who was killed off in Infinite Crisis.There are too many green lanterns in sector 2814! Half a dozen at least. I guess it is safe to say I am putting continuity ahead of story and this story is out of continuity.
Old 07-03-2020, 08:09 AM   #1567
Leo656
The Franchise

Yeah, I missed most of the last decade but apparently it's still mostly "GL as Space Cop" from everything I've heard, which indeed has been a huge issue since GL Rebirth which was almost 20 damn years ago, now. Granted, a lot of GL stories have been set in space but not ALL or even most of them. I mean, one of the most well-spoken of arc in the character's history is the whole "Hard-Traveling Heroes" bit with him and Green Arrow.

I really like the space cop stuff but it shouldn't be so predominant. GL has been "spectacle on top of spectacle" and forever trying to top the last "epic". Things could stand to be a bit more grounded.

Old 07-08-2020, 06:08 AM   #1568
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I love how grouchy fans are getting in regards to Morrison's Green Lantern. That book is a high-brow blast and the complaints come more from a place of intellectual inadequacy than any legit criticism.
Old 07-09-2020, 12:36 PM   #1569
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Some interesting info on what the plans are for 5G as a separate line from the core comics

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/goss...athan-kent-5g/
Old 07-11-2020, 06:27 PM   #1570
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/new-...to-batman-101/

Further evidence that Lucius's revamped son will not be the latest not Bruce Batman and the Rebirth numbering continues.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2020, 07:28 PM   #1571
AquaParade
Banned

I?ll definitely check out Morrison?s GL soon. Hoping it lives up to his other work.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 03:18 AM   #1572
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So now Mera is dissolving the monarchies in Aquaman
Old 07-17-2020, 12:17 PM   #1573
ZariusTwo
Overlord

DC October Solicitations

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-octobe...vers-revealed/

End of the road for Batgirl, JL Odyssey and Batman and The Outsiders. Damien Wayne apparently no longer going by Robin either...and an abundance of Death Metal tie-ins. New creative team for The Flash.
Old 07-17-2020, 12:25 PM   #1574
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
DC October Solicitations

https://www.gamesradar.com/dc-octobe...vers-revealed/

End of the road for Batgirl, JL Odyssey and Batman and The Outsiders. Damien Wayne apparently no longer going by Robin either...and an abundance of Death Metal tie-ins. New creative team for The Flash.

Mixed feelings about Batgirl ending. I love the fact Barbara Gordon is Batgirl and bought each issue for that reason, however only so many good stories have come out after the first few New 52 arcs. I just hope she keeps the cowl. It also reads like she is dating Jason Bard instead of will they/won't they. I thought with Dick Grayson getting his memory back they would be allowed to be back together especially with Didio gone.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:48 PM   #1575
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Mixed feelings about Batgirl ending. I love the fact Barbara Gordon is Batgirl and bought each issue for that reason, however only so many good stories have come out after the first few New 52 arcs. I just hope she keeps the cowl. It also reads like she is dating Jason Bard instead of will they/won't they. I thought with Dick Grayson getting his memory back they would be allowed to be back together especially with Didio gone.
Some of these books scripts would have been in the can prior to Didio leaving, it might simply be a case of being too late in the game to change them, or they don't feel the need to given her book is ending for now.

Yeah, Babs dating Bard is dumb. She basically went through four months worth of issues convincing herself it was a bad idea, only to go through with it anyway. Readers know her heart's not really into it and that she's going to force herself through it until some other writer eventually makes her see sense.

With Dick, it's understandably more complicated because he found a new love interest while he was Ric Grayson and had built a life with Bea, so he has to pretty much let her go in as least a messy way as possible. The details for the issue appear to indicate Babs and the Titans will help him out.
Old 07-17-2020, 03:16 PM   #1576
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

While I have been a consistent reader of Batigrl (2011) and (2016) I have not of Nightwing. I did read #72 that just came out though because he is being restored as Dick Grayson. Let me make sure I got this straight, so the Courto f Owls not Bane hired KGBeast. However, instead of injurying him only KGBeast was meant to actually kill him. Where does this memory crystal of puppeting Dick to be a Court of the Owls assassin come into play? Owls created it and Joker steals it to use as a human puppet to steal Bruce's fortune. The memory crystal seems to be a left field maguffin to force a plot. This whole thing throws out any realism and is in...no other way to put it " the wtf category" that borders on "The Black Case Book" type of logic.

Barbara does have some history with Jason Bard, they dated in the early 70s' during her original backup run in Detective Comics and parted ways because of careers taking them in different directions. However, Jason Bard since One Year Later set of appearances is a wishy washy douche. The writing of the title seems force feed like the plot similar to The King which a medieval fiction writer created a world for his dying love interest and editor and Jason's "new love" provided them with the power they needed? Forcing yourself to be romantically invested in someone because he thinks your hot? I like the storied history and relatable relationship of Grayson/Gordon. My main concern is what is planned for Barbara Gordon as of October.DIck is finally getting back to where he needs to be only for me to have to be weary of what is done with her.
Old 07-17-2020, 03:45 PM   #1577
Leo656
The Franchise

"DC Comics: Our Plots Intersect, But Our Writers Don't Communicate With Each Other. The Rules Are Made Up, and The Points Don't Matter!"

....You know I'm right.

Old 07-17-2020, 03:54 PM   #1578
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
"DC Comics: Our Plots Intersect, But Our Writers Don't Communicate With Each Other. The Rules Are Made Up, and The Points Don't Matter!"

....You know I'm right.

Old 07-17-2020, 04:00 PM   #1579
Leo656
The Franchise

I actually hate "Who's Line" and think anyone besides me and Ben Affleck shouldn't even attempt improv.

I just can't resist making a cheap pop culture reference when the opportunity arises, is all.

Old 07-17-2020, 06:47 PM   #1580
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
I actually hate "Who's Line" and think anyone besides me and Ben Affleck shouldn't even attempt improv.

I just can't resist making a cheap pop culture reference when the opportunity arises, is all.
It had a few moments under Drew Caray. More of a novelty platform than anything else makes the British adaptation stand out.

I am not big on the Marvel Cinematic Universe either.

Detective Comics looks like a story from the early 1970s'.

Tags
batman, bendis, dc comics, superman, wonder woman