The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-03-2017, 10:34 AM   #1
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

TMNTA vol 13 is in - few thoughts

Brief thoughts:

* at least they keep arcs together. Here we have two issues of MM and the 3-part terracide arc from TMNTA.

* Steve Lavigne's cover art isn't bad, and probably is one of the best covers from these reprints. though why no Chris Allan? Anyway...)

* the mutanimals pin up with the black and red colors, fire, etc. is present.

* interestingly, although the back cover shows the mutanimal issues first then the arc, inside the arc occurs first then the issues of MM. this seems weird to me - why show them killed off and slash dying, only to then have two issues of MM where they're alive and slash meets them? It would have made more sense to flip them as shown on the back cover.

* It looks like vol 14 will be 4 issues (early years, blindsight, turtle island); 15 will be 5 issues (cyber Samauri arc) if they don't flake out on publishing it (are there any playmates rights issues with the cyber samauri part?); 16 could end it with 6 issues (moon eyes and early years).

Last edited by darthsmozers; 06-06-2017 at 09:05 AM.
darthsmozers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:46 AM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

These reprints have genrally been pretty bad. The last one had a repeated page.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 11:16 AM   #3
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

I don't Think there is even a direct line to idw anymore. There used to be the forum- is theirs still gone?

Last edited by darthsmozers; 06-03-2017 at 05:48 PM.
Old 06-03-2017, 05:31 PM   #4
Powder
So tired of this place

Their forum is no more, right. Bobby & some others from IDW still frequent our boards but they're not tied to these books in any way to my understanding.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 05:48 PM   #5
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

It would be nice to provide feedback. But, I'm still enjoying purchasing these tpbs.
Old 06-03-2017, 07:43 PM   #6
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Yeah it's a fun collection to read if you like the Adventures comics or want to read for the first time. But they don't look that good displayed on a shelf. And the construction is lacking and most likely will not last years of reading. I've read up to vol 7 and have 8-12 on order. That's wild about the repeated page. I would like to see the adventures comics get the quality hardcover treatment the IDW and Mirage collections have got.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 07:49 PM   #7
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist

I know it would cost more money but It would be nice if they were recolored to get rid of that old large halftone look. Also, just looks like they were scanned because you can see the bleed through from the other side.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 10:48 AM   #8
clockstomper
Thug

They could do a four issue Moon Eyes volume 16, then a 17th with Early Years and Year of the Turtle
clockstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 11:41 AM   #9
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthsmozers View Post
Brief thoughts:

* at least they keep arcs together. Here we have two issues of MM and the 3-part terracide arc from TMNTA.

* Steve Lavigne's cover art isn't bad, and probably is one of the best covers from these reprints. though why no Chris Allan? Anyway...)

* the mutanimals pin up with the black and red colors, fire, etc. is present.

* interestingly, although the back cover shows the mutanimal issues first then the arc, inside the arc occurs first then the issues of MM. this seems weird to me - why show them killed off and slash dying, only to then have two issues of MM where they're alive and slash meets them? It would have made more sense to flip them as shown on the back cover.

* It looks like vol 14 will be 4 issues (early years, blindsight, turtle island); 15 will be 5 issues (cyber Samauri arc) if they don't flake out on publishing it (are there any playmates rights issues with the cyber samauri part?); 16 could end it with 6 issues (moon eyes and early years).
Gosh IDW is so near to finishing these volumes they just need to hopefully follow through. Which I don't have any reason to think they won't. I wonder if the volumes have sold well enough to get some upgraded hardcover releases? The collector part of me that like nice things wants this, but the stingy part not wanting to double dip does not like the idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockstomper View Post
They could do a four issue Moon Eyes volume 16, then a 17th with Early Years and Year of the Turtle
Never thought about Year of the Turtle getting added. That would be nice! The 3issue mini before the 1-72 never got added so it's doubtful bout yearoftheturtle though.
Old 06-12-2017, 05:11 PM   #10
Chris
Mad Scientist

But they did reprint the 3 issue mini as a 100 page special (or something like that) before they started the main trades so it made sense to just go straight into the main series back then. Of course none of the other mini series and specials have been collected at all so Year of the Turtle probably won't be either.

Wanna bet they do vol 16 as a 4 issue, end with an advert saying "Forever War" coming soon from IDW then we never hear anything about it again?

Seriously though, since they're reaching the end maybe, just maybe, there's hope for Forever War again.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:22 PM   #11
ToTheNines
[sic]

Haha, good one Chris.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:38 PM   #12
darthsmozers
Mad Scientist

If only.... Heck they could have advertised the whole reprint series as a lead in to forever war. Guaranteed $$$
Old 06-16-2017, 03:07 AM   #13
clockstomper
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Never thought about Year of the Turtle getting added. That would be nice! The 3issue mini before the 1-72 never got added so it's doubtful bout yearoftheturtle though.
An admitted long shot, although I'd consider it an extension of the series. I actually subscribed to TMNTA as a child, they sent me the YotT issues as part of it to make up the issues left on my subscription. Stopped right at #2, still haven't read that final issue to this day (other than the summary on tmntentity)
clockstomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:55 AM   #14
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by clockstomper View Post
An admitted long shot, although I'd consider it an extension of the series. I actually subscribed to TMNTA as a child, they sent me the YotT issues as part of it to make up the issues left on my subscription. Stopped right at #2, still haven't read that final issue to this day (other than the summary on tmntentity)
That's cool you had a subscription. And I think you have waited long enough and now IDW really needs to makes this YOTT inclusion happen.