The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-26-2017, 08:53 PM   #41
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I don't think being a tomboy has any specific orientation requirements...
I think he meant the more manly lesbian that goes for the more girly lesbians. It's not that hard to figure out ya know.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:06 PM   #42
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

It was in response to Cube's confusion.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:06 PM   #43
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Everybody knows you have your Lipstick Lesbians, and then you have your Lumberjack Lesbians.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:10 PM   #44
CyberCubed
Overlord

OT April is neither girly nor tomboyish, she's sort of inbetween the two.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:12 PM   #45
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

You mean like a butch? Implying April is the femme? I am pretty sure many lesbians don't require the dichotomy. I've seen couple that appear to be both "lipstick" or both "tomboy" or whatever.

At any rate, she does have nice breasts and all, but somehow in many versions she has no friends or apparent love interests.

Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:13 PM   #46
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
but somehow in many versions she has no friends or apparent love interests.
She's literally paired with Casey in every single series besides a few.
Old 03-26-2017, 09:17 PM   #47
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
She's literally paired with Casey in every single series besides a few.
I mean before him. And he is not that amazing a catch. They pretty much bond because both of their lives have been upended by the Turtles.

Old 03-26-2017, 10:01 PM   #48
Will not be censored

Nothing can compare to the beauty of two lipstick lesbians. I know they exist.

I can see how some of you would consider her in between femme and tomboy. That yellow jumpsuit is pretty hideous.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:

Old 03-26-2017, 10:09 PM   #49
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

No one cares about your boner.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 10:11 PM   #50
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
What a great quote
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:16 PM   #51
CyberCubed
Overlord

Anyone find it funny April consistently gets younger in every incarnation? In Mirage she starts off as a woman (probably late 20's and then goes into her early 30's), then she gets gradually younger with each version.

Original cartoon she was 28

4kids she was 23

IDW she's a College student, so around 19-20 at the beginning I imagine

Nick she's literally a 16 year old teen

April literally went from a mature woman to more young girl or teen for each newer generation.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:28 PM   #52
DisKosh
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Anyone find it funny April consistently gets younger in every incarnation? In Mirage she starts off as a woman (probably late 20's and then goes into her early 30's), then she gets gradually younger with each version.
Yeah, I think I read somewhere that she's 27 at the beginning of Mirage.

I think they changed it because it may come across as creepy having an adult woman hanging out with a bunch of teenage boys. I personally prefer that approach because she's more like a mother figure to them and I find that really sweet.
DisKosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:31 PM   #53
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well the Turtles never really acted like teens in either the original cartoon or 4kids, so it didn't feel much different. It felt like April was just interacting with other people of her age.

The Nick show really is the first series where the Turtles are written as actual teenagers.
Old 03-26-2017, 11:32 PM   #54
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
I wouldn't say most 16 year olds have many friends. I mean sure you talk to people in school, but close friends you invite to your home or go out with, etc? Probably only a small handful.
Huh back when I was 16 I'd say most people I knew had friends and hung out at each other's. I mean, sure, when you're a kid/teenager you can be friends one day and then 2 months later no longer like them anymore due to some stupid fight or argument, but it's a lot easier to get a social group when you're younger due to something as simple as "he likes the same cartoons as I do". It's much easier to quickly get acquainted people of your age bracket when you're 18 than it is when you're 40.

Quote:
Funny thing is I never noticed April's breasts in the OT, but that may obviously have to do with the fact that I was like 3-8 years old for the majority of the cartoons run, and April was the last thing I was thinking about while watching it.
The FW series doesn't even sexualize April that much. You gotta really be paying attention to notice suggestive shots. Then again, I watch anime, so any possible fanservice that the FW series has has nothing on your average anime.

Quote:
You mean like a butch? Implying April is the femme? I am pretty sure many lesbians don't require the dichotomy. I've seen couple that appear to be both "lipstick" or both "tomboy" or whatever.

At any rate, she does have nice breasts and all, but somehow in many versions she has no friends or apparent love interests.
Well looks aren't everything. And she doesn't sem to be the type of person who puts herself out there. In the FW series Irma and the Turtles are her only friends, pretty much. No way Vernon or Burne could be godo love interests for her. Not to mention she seems too career driven to care about marriage and dating.

Quote:
I mean before him. And he is not that amazing a catch. They pretty much bond because both of their lives have been upended by the Turtles.
Love and attraction work in odd ways. So many times I've seen couples that made me wonder why one of the parties was attracted to the other.

I haven't read much of Mirage, but on the 2k3 series I think that couple worked out well. It would not have worked out well in the FW series, though.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 11:51 PM   #55
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Well looks aren't everything. And she doesn't sem to be the type of person who puts herself out there. In the FW series Irma and the Turtles are her only friends, pretty much. No way Vernon or Burne could be godo love interests for her. Not to mention she seems too career driven to care about marriage and dating.

Love and attraction work in odd ways. So many times I've seen couples that made me wonder why one of the parties was attracted to the other.

I haven't read much of Mirage, but on the 2k3 series I think that couple worked out well. It would not have worked out well in the FW series, though.
lol I agree, I was just trying to steer the conversation back on track before it dissolved into the nihilism of most threads when things dissolve into boob conversations or whatever.

They worked out fine in Mirage. The fact that they did is kind of a miracle and mostly testament to Casey's wild turn-around in personality. I guess that's what going sober does for you.

Old 03-27-2017, 12:31 AM   #56
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:

4kids she was 23

April literally went from a mature woman to more young girl or teen for each newer generation.
Great, it's like she regressed alongside the franchise as a "kid's thing"...

Sooner or later the characters will all be kindergartners. Maybe in 2018. (Not serious of course, but eesh... really hope it's never like that.)
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 07:03 AM   #57
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
What did I ever do to you?

In the 1987 series she had it pretty bad for Bugman, and at least one other guy.

I don't think anyone even bothered to mention the movie portrayals of April and Casey...
Quote:

Last edited by ***First of Two Latin Kings***; 03-27-2017 at 07:09 AM.
Old 03-27-2017, 07:55 AM   #58
Shark_Blade
Emperor

Ur dull ass is a loser.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 09:37 AM   #59
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
I don't think anyone even bothered to mention the movie portrayals of April and Casey...
Well at least she had human friends in the movie, such as her boss and her boss's son.

Movie Casey was... well let's put it this way. I have never seen such a rough start to a massage.
Old 03-27-2017, 12:08 PM   #60
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:

4kids she was 23

Well in the 2014 film she did go back to being 28.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
april o'neil