The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 04-02-2017, 04:47 PM   #41
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
I tried to watch it on Youtube once, but at some point the user had the episodes all dubbed backwards so I stopped watching them. Just haven't been able to track all of it down, at once on disk...
All the episodes can easily be found online with a quick google search, it's pretty easy to find around after a while if you go looking.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:48 PM   #42
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
I tried to watch it on Youtube once, but at some point the user had the episodes all dubbed backwards so I stopped watching them. Just haven't been able to track all of it down, at once on disk...
Pretty sure all of the 2k3 series is still on youtube as is the FW series.

Turtles Forever, however, got removed. Rats, I wanted to watch that someday...
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 04:56 PM   #43
mrmaczaps
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
All the episodes can easily be found online with a quick google search, it's pretty easy to find around after a while if you go looking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
Pretty sure all of the 2k3 series is still on youtube as is the FW series.

Turtles Forever, however, got removed. Rats, I wanted to watch that someday...
Yeah, I know its all out there now, but my tv isn't a smart tv and my bluray player doesn't have Youtube. I'm old school and I like having the disks. Lol
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:00 AM   #44
Jephael
That whack job behind you

You know what's funny is the red haired boy Neutrino who wore shades was also named Zak, though as you can see his name was spelled differently. It would've been funny to see an episode where Zach and the Neutrinos meet, then they could've had a little fun with those two having basically the same name.

Also, while I admit there were moments where Zach was a little annoying, I can't help but commend Rob friggin Paulsen for taking on the role.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:20 AM   #45
ssjup81
Foot Elite

I didn't mind Zack. I thought it was cool how Zack managed to find the lair.

As for the Neutrinos, I never thought much of them. I didn't mind them.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:59 AM   #46
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

I guess most of us liked the Neutrinos as children (flying car-like vehicles) and find them more annoying later. But I like the "Four Turtles and a Baby" episode showing more of the Neutrino-planet and their fights against Krang.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 04:29 PM   #47
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
No, he is referring to their beatnik gimmick which was prominent in the late 60s' as well as the 1955-163 American culture they exhibit through the car models they drive and Zenter being a straight up Elvis Presley lookalike. had the Hot Rodding Teenagers From Dimension X episode aired in 1957 opposed to 1987 it would have been referencing then-modern youth culture. Instead it was parodying culture of a previous era. Its like David Wise watched American Grafitti when developing the first five episodes and threw the gimmick and referencing in with the teenage rebels of a war-like race bit.
Actually, in the 80s, stuff from the 50s was nostalgic. Look at Muppet Babies, that had 50s throwbacks a lot. Back to the Future, went back to 1955. Stuff like that. Neutrinos didn't feel forced to me.
Old 04-03-2017, 04:51 PM   #48
cammy85
Stone Warrior

The Neutrinos were really cool and I remember including them in a my stories back in the day because I was obsessed with aliens and battles in space. The Dimension X Story is one of my all time favorite episodes. Not so much for the Neutrinos, but because it was cool to see everyone out of their normal element and the Neutrinos in their element for a change. I agree; the Grybyx is the worst, followed by Four Turtles and a Baby.

Zach has always been hit and miss. Yes, he's annoying; but manages to get the job done in the end. His personality kept changing throughout the series with my least favorites being The Great Boldini and Zach and the Alien Invaders; the former because of the exchange between Zach and Don Turtlelli regarding Caitlin and the latter being pure annoyance until Wingnut and Screwloose show up.
cammy85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:00 PM   #49
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I liked Zach much more than his counterpart in the Nick series, Timothy/Mutagen Man. Both could be annoying, but Timothy felt more like he was annoying on purpose and came off as unlikeable/repulsive while in Zach, it felt like he was supposed to played as annoying but still innocent and good hearted. Plus, Zach was actually competent as he saved the turtles multiple times while Timothy has done absolutely nothing.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 05:04 PM   #50
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Actually, in the 80s, stuff from the 50s was nostalgic. Look at Muppet Babies, that had 50s throwbacks a lot. Back to the Future, went back to 1955. Stuff like that. Neutrinos didn't feel forced to me.
I wasn't alive in the 80s but I remember there being a lot of nostalgia for the 60s and the 70s back in the 90s. Probably because people born in the 50s were then entering their 40s.
Old 04-06-2017, 09:19 AM   #51
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
The thing is, most people remember those characters since most only watched the first 3-4 seasons. I find it particularly a bit mindblowing how the Punk Frogs are still so well remembered.
The first appearance of the Punk Frogs was really memorable and quite well written so not surprised.

Quote:
FW Casey was goddamn hilarious, especially in that Corporate Raiders From Dimension X episode
I know, he was terrific! Ha, ha!

Quote:
30 years too late? They debuted in the first season, which came out in 1987. So how exactly would that joke have worked in 1957? Or are you just using hyperbole?
He's using hyperbole.

I never disliked Zach. The purpose of Zach was the same purpose of other 80s cartoons which was to give the main hero a sidekick. I know David Wise hates the character. Zach wasn't the best but he certainly wasn't the worst.

The Neutrinos were fine. I never had a problem with them. As with the Punk Frogs their first appearance from what I remember was their best and probably also has something to do with the episode being the best well animated of the show due to the Toei A-Team doing the animation for it.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 05:58 PM   #52
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
I guess most of us liked the Neutrinos as children (flying car-like vehicles) and find them more annoying later. But I like the "Four Turtles and a Baby" episode showing more of the Neutrino-planet and their fights against Krang.
Really? Because I thought it was the total opposite. Most people seem to dislike the Neutrinos in the FW series. And same for Zach.
Old 04-13-2017, 08:13 AM   #53
pferreira
Foot Elite

Quote:
Really? Because I thought it was the total opposite. Most people seem to dislike the Neutrinos in the FW series. And same for Zach.
I never had a problem with both at the time.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 03:41 PM   #54
ssjup81
Foot Elite

Quote:
I wasn't alive in the 80s but I remember there being a lot of nostalgia for the 60s and the 70s back in the 90s. Probably because people born in the 50s were then entering their 40s.
Yeah, like the Nick series having 70s, 80s, and 90s throwbacks. Personally, Nick Mondo Gecko screams 90s to me. Those working on the show grew up in the 70s and 80s.
Old 04-13-2017, 03:47 PM   #55
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

I despised them as a kid, and I still despise them. But the Neutrinos' flying hotrods are pretty wicked.

I do like the IDW reinterpretation of the Neutrinos, though. Space elves fighting Krang, the TMNT's version of the Bajoran Resistance or the Rebel Alliance.

No "Daddy-o." No Gryybx or WTF it was.

And no Zach. I'll take Venus over Zach any day.
Old 04-13-2017, 06:17 PM   #56
Jephael
That whack job behind you

You know what's funny is while rewatching the intro of Pulveriser in season 1 of the Nickelodeon cartoon, it dawned on me that there's a pretty good chance Timothy truly was meant to be a re-imagining of Zach, but they cleverly hid it by giving him a different first name so as to cover their tracks and not upset those fans of the character from the original cartoon.

www.jephael.com
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:56 PM   #57
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I like Zack in the OT, would I like to see him brought back? Only if used in a very minor way to reference him or kind of as a joke, that would be the best way to make it work.

Or a live action older version of zack, years after he first met the turtles played by Japhael.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:00 PM   #58
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
No "Daddy-o."
Does anyone remember the time that happened in the IDW series?

Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:36 PM   #59
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
I despised them as a kid, and I still despise them. But the Neutrinos' flying hotrods are pretty wicked.

I do like the IDW reinterpretation of the Neutrinos, though. Space elves fighting Krang, the TMNT's version of the Bajoran Resistance or the Rebel Alliance.

No "Daddy-o." No Gryybx or WTF it was.

And no Zach. I'll take Venus over Zach any day.

I can't say I have ever despised them but I agree with the rest!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:11 AM   #60
billbot85
Mad Scientist

I actually liked the Neutrinos as a kid. I liked the fact that they were teenage rebels with awesome flying vehicles (they were called Star Cruisers I think?) helping the turtles. I had the Zak Neutrino figure as part of my collection since I thought he looked really cool. As an adult I don't care for them as much, but the "Four Turtles and a Baby" episode is still hilarious (Rocksteady disguised as a baby in a carriage gets me every time).

I don't really remember Zach's episodes from when I was a kid (maybe he was just forgettable to me?), but watching it now I can agree that he's kinda annoying, but most of the episodes that he's in are great.

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
neutrinos