The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 08-11-2017, 04:12 AM   #941
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Jessica W. Chen is the new associate editor of the Superman line

https://twitter.com/jesswchen/status...ors-shuffle%2F

A woman in the Super-offices...someone lock up Eddie Berganza
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 02:55 PM   #942
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
A woman in the Super-offices...someone lock up Eddie Berganza
Or just fire him. It's hard to believe sometimes this guy still has a job after everything he's pulled.
Old 08-16-2017, 06:51 AM   #943
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Justice League#27

Spoiler:
Ah, so Hunter is merly Clark's adopted son, he and Lois took him in after Diana apparently abandoned him. We also learn Jon and Damien both came to resent the younger Hunter and pretty much cut themselves off from him, not letting him into their ''club''. Jess is very excited about her kids and wants to her children home, giving Barry a peck on the cheek too. Simon learns he will kill Sinestro and lead the Yellow Lanterns in this mucked up future.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:32 AM   #944
ZariusTwo
Overlord

November's Bat-event for Detective Comics is "Fall of the Batmen" (link has spoilers for Batwoman)

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08...an-6-spoilers/
Old 08-16-2017, 11:15 AM   #945
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
November's Bat-event for Detective Comics is "Fall of the Batmen" (link has spoilers for Batwoman)

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/08...an-6-spoilers/
Featuring Jason Todd? Well, okay, you can have my money...
Old 09-08-2017, 02:03 PM   #948
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Best Robin.

LISTEN, LADY
Old 09-08-2017, 03:04 PM   #949
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Damian has been aged from 10 to 13 I see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
Best Robin.

LISTEN, LADY
Nah. Nothing beats the classic!
Old 09-08-2017, 03:46 PM   #950
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Not my favorite, but I gotta lotta love in my heart for ALL the Robins!!!

Except Carrie Kelly. Lose the glasses, you Frank Miller-created poser.
Old 09-08-2017, 04:11 PM   #951
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

I would just like to point out, because it's not obvious from the cropped image, that he is saying this to WONDER WOMAN.

Damian ain't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Damian has been aged from 10 to 13 I see.
Has been since the DC Universe Rebirth special. It makes sense. He was ten when he was introduced in 2006. Ten years worth of comics later, it's not out of line to age him up a couple years. I kind of figured they were pinning him around that age when he had that guest appearance in Gotham Academy where he was hanging with Maps.

Quote:
Nah. Nothing beats the classic!
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/...20100416000051
I like me some OG Robin, but he's a bit lower on the pantheon for me, because all of the memorable, lovable moments with him as Robin come outside the comics, for me. In the comics universe, he didn't really stand out in the role until he was transitioning out of it, mainly because most of his history was as an audience surrogate in the Silver and Golden Ages where he didn't have a ton of character.

Of course, he's still the original Robin, so he's almost naturally going to be high up on a given list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Not my favorite, but I gotta lotta love in my heart for ALL the Robins!!!
I've really enjoyed how they've all had unique outlooks and characteristics to them, which makes all of them stand out and work even as they transitioned out of the Robin role.

Dick is the natural, dependable older brother who everyone looks toward and is a born leader. Sociable and well liked by his peers, he has great connections all across the universe.

Jason is the rebel or black sheep. He's had the hardest time adjusting to Dads way of doing things and kind of sits on the fringes. But it's clear he cares and when he's needed, he always shows up.

Damian may be the richest character of them all, the son of the worlds greatest detective and human vigilante with the daughter of the head of a shadowy assassin league. He's been raised with the skills of a ninja, told since birth he's destined for great things, and now that he's on the side of the angels he has to struggle with everything he'd been taught since birth and with his own high and mighty attitude to be a real hero just like the father he hates to admit he admires so damn much. He may be the most interesting of the four on a base level.

Tim has had the hardest time fitting outside the Robin role, I think, which has sort of led me to believe he might be the weakest overall character of the four. They've tried to make him the tech guy and they went with outsider for a bit with the Red Robin stuff. When he started he was just a nice kid who was a Batman fan, who thought Batman needed a Robin, and that was pretty much it. Then there was that long era in the aughts where he became mini-Batman in brighter colors, which turned me on him for that period of time. I guess his claim to fame is that he's the one who eventually wants to retire from crime fighting (though fans will neeeeever allow that to actually happen). Still, he was Robin while I was growing up, so I still have a soft spot.

Plus, come on, it's money when all four are together. One of my favorite covers ever is the one from Robin War, where the four of them are posed, looking up and to the side. It's so fricking cool I had to track down an avatar version of it I'll use at some point. Bat-Sons unite!

Quote:
Except Carrie Kelly. Lose the glasses, you Frank Miller-created poser.
Those glasses are pretty dorky.

That said, I don't mind Carrie. She plays a good narrative role in DKR. Honestly, of the later Frank Miller work, she's a character I don't have a lot of problems with, aside from the fact that she just becomes Catgirl for some friggin reason in DKSA. She's definitely the forgotten Robin, though, being she's out of continuity, isn't in many stories in that universe and unlikely to truly make a transition to the mainline universe (Peter Tomasi tried introducing her in Batman & Robin, but for some reason, I don't remember why, it was scrapped before it went anywhere, maybe because she's never be Robin anyway and there was no point).
Old 09-08-2017, 06:25 PM   #952
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Dick Grayson is my favorite DC character especially as one half(either one) of the Dynamic Duo. I could go on for pages of Word, but I relate to him the most especially as Robin or Batman in many ways and he is the one I aspire to emulate of any fictional characters. Heck, I oversee the JV Scholastic team and History Varsity group and they call me Nightwing since I am sidekicking for a 50 year veteran I grew up around. A compliment.
Old 09-09-2017, 08:56 AM   #953
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
(Peter Tomasi tried introducing her in Batman & Robin, but for some reason, I don't remember why, it was scrapped before it went anywhere, maybe because she's never be Robin anyway and there was no point).
I remember when they also briefly toyed with bringing in Chole Sullivan from Smallville over in the Superman comics, only to drop her once the New 52 kicked off

Anyhoo, what do y'all make of the revelation about Oz's identity? The story that reveals who he is starts next week, but of course it was spoiled ahead of time by covers.

Spoiler:
He's Jor-El
Old 09-13-2017, 11:19 AM   #955
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So...

Spoiler:
Classic Wally is dead.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 09-13-2017 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:26 PM   #956
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
So...

Spoiler:
Classic Wally is dead.
Wait, what? Run that by us again?
Old 09-13-2017, 12:27 PM   #957
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Wait, what? Run that by us again?
Spoiler:
The December solicitations leaked early and reveal Wally is dead and Donna faces off against her future self Troika
Old 09-13-2017, 12:43 PM   #958
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Spoiler:
The December solicitations leaked early and reveal Wally is dead and Donna faces off against her future self Troika
Link please?

Also, pretty sure it won't be permanent. I mean, Tim Drake is "dead." Dick Grayson was "dead" a few years ago. Damian Wayne, Stephanie Brown, Jason Todd, Bruce Wayne...

Everybody gets their turn to take a headstone vacation.
Old 09-13-2017, 12:59 PM   #959
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Link please?
They originated initially from a leak by Previewsworld this morning (all of Marvel and IDW's solicits leaked early too), then 4chan posted 'em, then CBR's forums took them from there
Old 09-13-2017, 01:09 PM   #960
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
They originated initially from a leak by Previewsworld this morning (all of Marvel and IDW's solicits leaked early too), then 4chan posted 'em, then CBR's forums took them from there
Does anyone still have the IDW December 2017 solicits?

Tags
batman, bendis, dc comics, superman, wonder woman