The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 03-11-2011, 04:30 PM   #1
sdp
Winsider

If the OT had a DTV what would you like to have seen?

I think the chances of a DTV of the OT are zero so thats not what I'm going for, at least it got Turtles Forever. But still had a DTV come out during its run or after the show ended what would you have liked to see? We saw Krang/Shredder in most episodes so I would have liked a new villain, and I would have liked not a new villain that forms an alliance with Shredder only for him to betray him in the end and Shredder has to help the turtles, thats used all the freaking time and now that I think about it, thats pretty much what happened in Turtles Forever...

Dommage Rave & TMNT @ MiscRave.com
Twitter @ 0sdp
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #2
Vernon
Random Punk

Karai could build a giant robot spider in order to exterminate the Ninja Turtles for "defeating" her father....

Meanwhile the Rat King is studying the art of voodoo, in which he tries to ressurect Shredder as a test-subject to turn into a rat-human ninja-trained zombie slave.

Rat King's uneducated practices in voodoo leads to the summoning of a long-imprisoned Martian runaway from Hell, who'd been damned to the furthest corners of the galaxy until one chant on a particular time and place of day awakens her.

Or has she already been awoken?

Ralph has been dating Mona Lisa, unknowing of her true agenda... to sacrifice a mutated one from planet Earth to please the higher powers of the Martian alliance, to regain a clean slate....

The whole thing would be a musical.
Vernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:16 PM   #3
ToTheNines
[sic]

For the OT? Pretty much I'd just like to see them adapt one of the old beat-em-up games lol.

Just a mindless romp through the OT history, popular and obscure characters alike pop up, plenty of the silly humor, constant adventure.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 07:26 PM   #4
Powder
Salami Origami

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
For the OT? Pretty much I'd just like to see them adapt one of the old beat-em-up games.
This is what I was going to say. I've always wanted to see a cartoon version of Turtles In Time.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 10:47 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

I think one fInal hurrah taking place after season 10 for Shredder and Krang would have been nice. One last attempt to take over Earth.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 11:06 PM   #6
PizzaPower
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
This is what I was going to say. I've always wanted to see a cartoon version of Turtles In Time.
that would be sooooo freakin awesome!
PizzaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #7
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Yeah, I was thinking either that or The Manhattan Project. Both would be sweet.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 01:50 PM   #8
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior

Here's my idea.

The Turtles receive distress calls from the Neutrinos and their new ally, Professor Honeycutt, trapped in the body of a robot fugitive (or "fugitoid" as they are so designated). It turns out the Neutrino home world of D'Hoobnib has been taken over by an evil dictator... a misshapen, blue-green, one-eyed monstrous turtle creature. The Turtles quickly surmise that Slash has somehow come to rule this planet!

Quickly, Donatello devises a way to travel to D'Hoobnib. Following them are their reporter friend April O'Neil and unbeknownst to them, stowaway vigilante Casey Jones.

On arriving, it is revealed to the Turtles that Slash is a puppet dictator, being controlled by the Triceraton army, who hopes to annex the planet thru peaceful yet deceitful means - by having their candidate assume power, he can willingly sign treaties declaring D'Hoobnib a territory of the Triceratons!

The Turtles are forced to keep this from happening - without realizing that Krang and the Shredder are on the verge of returning from their banishment in Dimension X! Krang, harboring resentment and hatred for the Triceratons, wishes to destroy their society - and, indeed, their home world - and conquer D'Hoobnib for his own! Meanwhile, his ally, the Shredder, has begun to lose his mind, a combination of his own unstable psyche and years of exposure to radiation in the Technodrome.

Things come to a head when the Shredder undergoes his own mutation, and Rocksteady and Bebop, desperate to return home, somehow generate a portal back to Earth.

Hilarty would ensue!
Old 03-12-2011, 01:56 PM   #9
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartoonistaaron View Post
Here's my idea.
I like this concept! It would have fit with the tone of the old show, and would have incorporated new interpretations of Mirage characters into the OT-verse. The only thing that strikes me as odd is Casey Jones's inclusion. He never struck me as the type who would "stowaway" for anything. That part would need some real explanation.

I also would have loved to have seen a video game adaptation in the form of either "Turtles in Time" or "The Manhattan Project." Come to think of it, "Tournament Fighters" could have worked as a 2-part episode/aka, DTV feature. It could have been the OT equivalent of the Big Brawl!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!

Last edited by oldmanwinters; 03-12-2011 at 04:24 PM.
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #10
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
I like this concept! It would have fit with the tone of the old show, and would have incorporated new interpretations of Mirage characters into the OT-verse. The only thing that strikes me as odd is Casey Jones's inclusion. He never struck me as the type who would "stowaway" for anything. That part would need some real explanation.
Well -- crazy OT Casey Jones would overhear April talking to the Turtles (via Turtle Comm of course) and decide "this sounds like somethin' I need to be a part of -- breakin' stuff on an interplanetary level!" During the fight, he'd remove his mask to reveal an OT version of Casey Jones's face, maybe with a broken nose or something. He and April would have kind of a love/hate relationship like in the first movie.

I think at the end, Leonardo and the Shredder would have their final fight. It would end with the Turtles dumping the Shredder off at jail, stripped of his armor, and Krang cackling with delight as war engulfs the Triceraton Home Worlds.
Old 03-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #11
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Oh, ok, so what would be your idea on Shredder's mutation? That might actually look pretty cool! Didn't he have a dinosaur variant in the toy line?

View my sketch work!
Old 03-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #12
cartoonistaaron
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
Oh, ok, so what would be your idea on Shredder's mutation? That might actually look pretty cool! Didn't he have a dinosaur variant in the toy line?
I think there was a "Tyranno Shredder" which is what I was thinking - if the Triceratons are involved, they would surely have other dinosaur-type creatures, and Krang would have captured many of these things, forcing them to perform manual labor... so the Shredder, gripped by insanity, would somehow combine himself with a Tyranno-ton or whatever the Triceratons call them.

Somehow, Donatello would reverse the whole thing. Or going thru the dimensional portal back to earth would undo the mutation, or Honeycutt could perfect his transmat device or something...

It would have a little silliness to it and some of it is ridiculous but it's OT, right?!
Old 03-12-2011, 04:24 PM   #13
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
It would have a little silliness to it and some of it is ridiculous but it's OT, right?!

*nods in agreement*

View my sketch work!
Old 03-13-2011, 07:16 AM   #14
hudemx
Hench Mutant

But the OT did get an DTV: Planet of the Turtleloids
Even though it was only 45 Minutes and was later edited into a two-parter in the show, it was a DTV and aired in Primetime.
Old 03-13-2011, 12:17 PM   #15
RiseAbove873
Foot Soldier

Though it would never happen, I would love to see a more serious take on the OT. More in the line of the first few episodes.
RiseAbove873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 01:31 PM   #16
Spitfire
Writer Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by hudemx View Post
But the OT did get an DTV: Planet of the Turtleloids
Even though it was only 45 Minutes and was later edited into a two-parter in the show, it was a DTV and aired in Primetime.
That's what I was gonna say. I think most people forget about that one because it only aired as a movie once I think.
Old 03-13-2011, 03:56 PM   #17
gobo
Wacky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
That's what I was gonna say. I think most people forget about that one because it only aired as a movie once I think.
Nay. I caught it one other time in primetime hours aside from the premiere.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:11 AM   #18
Coola Yagami
Emperor

Honestly had DTV movies existed back then, the whole Shell Ri La story was as close as they got to one. It had a Tatoo cameo, Groundchuck, Dirtbag, Chrome Dome and a new mini-technodrome. Even April said 'hoo boy, this is gonna be a looong episode.."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #19
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Emperor

Fanfiction

Quote:
Here's my idea.

The Turtles receive distress calls from the Neutrinos and their new ally, Professor Honeycutt, trapped in the body of a robot fugitive (or "fugitoid" as they are so designated). It turns out the Neutrino home world of D'Hoobnib has been taken over by an evil dictator... a misshapen, blue-green, one-eyed monstrous turtle creature. The Turtles quickly surmise that Slash has somehow come to rule this planet!

Quickly, Donatello devises a way to travel to D'Hoobnib. Following them are their reporter friend April O'Neil and unbeknownst to them, stowaway vigilante Casey Jones.

On arriving, it is revealed to the Turtles that Slash is a puppet dictator, being controlled by the Triceraton army, who hopes to annex the planet thru peaceful yet deceitful means - by having their candidate assume power, he can willingly sign treaties declaring D'Hoobnib a territory of the Triceratons!

The Turtles are forced to keep this from happening - without realizing that Krang and the Shredder are on the verge of returning from their banishment in Dimension X! Krang, harboring resentment and hatred for the Triceratons, wishes to destroy their society - and, indeed, their home world - and conquer D'Hoobnib for his own! Meanwhile, his ally, the Shredder, has begun to lose his mind, a combination of his own unstable psyche and years of exposure to radiation in the Technodrome.

Things come to a head when the Shredder undergoes his own mutation, and Rocksteady and Bebop, desperate to return home, somehow generate a portal back to Earth.

Hilarty would ensue!
You can always wirte fanfiction about it.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:39 PM   #20
DoctorHver
Random Punk

I do know but what about the Real April O'Neal the newsreporter naked in shower with Casey Jones (with his head mask on of course) in x-rated story. I mean after all April says during on of the episodes in OT that she has his number.
DoctorHver is offline   Reply With Quote