The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 10-25-2019, 09:23 PM   #861
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Spoiler:
Idea of force ghosts fighting Palps is directly taken from early draft of Return of the Jedi.
It was canned, I think, after Lucas co-writers pointed out that it will look stupid.
Guess, JJ is not so lucky with his co-writers.
That supposedly isn't in the film anymore after reshoots.
Spoiler:
but it’s supposedly indicated that the Jedi or generations past are with her in spirit. So now its just Rey willing the past generations and defeating Sheeve with Anakins and Leias lightsabers
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:11 AM   #862
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

No way they're cutting out all those Force ghosts. But
Spoiler:
I bet they make Kylo not die.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 03:00 AM   #863
Sumac
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
That supposedly isn't in the film anymore after reshoots.
Spoiler:
but it’s supposedly indicated that the Jedi or generations past are with her in spirit. So now its just Rey willing the past generations and defeating Sheeve with Anakins and Leias lightsabers
We are The Last Airbender now?

According to some rumors there are about 6 potential endings for this movie, so who the **** knows how it ends up.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 10:44 AM   #864
IMJ
Emperor

It's so ridiculous that this is about the culmination of the Skywalker saga, but the majority of the story thesis is not about the Skywalkers. Whether you like the character or not, the story should've revolved around Kylo Ren more than anyone to carry that thesis.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 11:17 AM   #865
Vegita-San
Emperor

The trailer now has close to 80,000 dislikes in 4 days. that's a pretty amazing number considering Solo only got about 13 thousand in three years or so.

'Wrong, April. We've Been upgraded to Women hating TROLLS'

?The force is not female, the force is not male, the force is for everyone?
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 12:06 PM   #866
JH24
Hench Mutant

Watched the latest trailer. I don't know what it is but I just can't get excited for this. It just doesn't feel like Star Wars to me.
JH24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2019, 07:43 PM   #867
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I don't know, I don't think Star Wars has ever had good trailers, the only Star Wars movie that had good trailers was Episode VII IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
The trailer now has close to 80,000 dislikes in 4 days. that's a pretty amazing number considering Solo only got about 13 thousand in three years or so.
I think that's more of a how little anyone cared to even check out the Solo trailer and dislike it than anything else.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 06:56 PM   #868
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Thumbs down

Oh no... this may be legit.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...o-ren-and-rey/

Spoiler:
Basically that "leaked" synopsis was true, except they reshot it so that while Kylo still falls and dies, Rey single-handedly duels and kills Palpatine, dual wielding both her lightsaber and Kylo's. No Force ghosts of Luke, Obi-Wan, Anakin, etc. to help.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:43 PM   #869
Sumac
Banned

Might as well finish the series with boring Mary Sue being an ultimate boring Mary Sue.
'Tis not like it will damage brand even further.

Until Ryan Johnson trilogy, if it ever comes out.
Old 11-01-2019, 07:48 PM   #870
Leo656
The Franchise

What a bunch of nonsense. Talk about going out with a wet fart.

Disney doesn't know what fans want from this series, and they're more interested in telling people what they're "supposed" to want than actually listening.

Luckily for them, people are easily distracted by a swelling soundtrack and lots of flashy colors, so this will most likely make about $2.8 billion despite getting overwhelmingly savaged online.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 01:33 AM   #871
Sumac
Banned

Justice League had a nice box-office, but its critical reception send WB into panic mode, so arguably even if movie is profitable it doesn't make it "sure success" in the eyes of execs.

Of course, not everyone are as incompetent as WB, but giving the latest news about hierarchy of people in charge of Nu Wars, Disney took critical reception of TLJ to heart. Sadly it won't save TROS from being ****, most likely.
Old 11-02-2019, 02:00 AM   #872
Leo656
The Franchise

I'm not sure that's accurate about JL, or at least, I'd need to see the sources on that. Most of the reviews I personally saw called it a "step in the right direction" and praised it for being Sunnier & Funnier, but did cite the bad CGI in many places, as well as the obvious patch-job editing, but I didn't see as much hate from critics as I did from general audiences, and even they were more "It's kind of alright" moreso than "It's awful". Review-wise, it did better than most of the other DC films, but they actually had the lowest box office by far, which actually meant they barely turned any profit at all since they essentially shot the movie twice. Any profit JL made came from action figures and Blu-rays; they actually took a bath at the box office. Everything I've read said that the "panic mode" came in when they spent $500 million and "only" pulled in $800 million, or whatever it was. Which makes sense, because if those numbers are correct, then they probably actually lost money on the actual film itself.

I mean, if I'm wrong on that, or you've read things that say differently, then that's what it is. And I don't disagree with your larger point, I just think there are much better examples which support it. There definitely have been profitable films that nonetheless stopped their series dead, absolutely. Spider-Man 3, for example, fits perfectly in that equation. That actually made a TON of money, but the tepid reaction overall made Sony pause and eventually reboot. So if I were to pick a movie that made money but still ended up sh*tting the bed, that's probably the one that I'd pick before any other. That movie actually turned huge profits, yet still killed the franchise as it was.

Old 11-02-2019, 02:13 AM   #873
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Justice League had a nice box-office, but its critical reception send WB into panic mode, so arguably even if movie is profitable it doesn't make it "sure success" in the eyes of execs.
Not true. I mean, it might have been true had they not "had" to reshoot 90% of the movie. It cost 300 million to make out of the box, plus reshoots (which again, appear to be 90% of the film quantifiably), plus marketing. At 229 stateside and another 400 overseas (both numbers of which are even less than Man of Steel, at way more cost)... that's not good. That movie was most definitely in the red.
Old 11-02-2019, 03:47 AM   #874
Leo656
The Franchise

It did allegedly do alright on disc and digital, however. Lots of people who skipped it in theaters decided it would be worth watching at home. So that's... something. I never bothered to look up the numbers, though. I do know that it didn't sell anywhere close to what MoS and BvS did; they were in the Top 20 best-selling Blu-rays of all time for a couple of years but I never heard about JL cracking that list, although I honestly wasn't paying close attention at that point. I did see it do brisk sales at most of the local stores during the first two weeks, being sold-out at a lot of them for a few days, but then it tapered off. And even that's anecdotal. They probably did "okay" in the end but it was all in home media and action figures, Halloween costumes, etc.

Like I said, Spider-Man 3 would be an ideal example of a movie that made huge bank but was stalled by a generally mixed response. JL had a very mixed response as well but it didn't pull in the numbers to even things out. Spider-Man 3 was like, the highest-grossing Spider-Man movie until like, what, two years ago? Pretty good for being the one everyone hates now.

Anyway. People need to stop paying for f*cking Star Wars movies. Pretty sure we can all drink to that.

Old 11-02-2019, 04:14 AM   #875
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Apparently Spider-Man 3, or rather Spider-Man 4 wasn't stalled at all by any response. They really wanted Spider-Man 4 from Raimi and quick but he said f*** off when push came to shove on deadlines mandated because he'd already been bitten on 3 with Sony shoving Venom and all down his throat with little time.

Now, had SM3 been a critical darling? Raimi would have had a bigger chair at the bargaining table. But it's like a paradox, because Sony execs were the ones forcing all of the stuff that made SM3 a non-critical darling.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:59 AM   #876
Leo656
The Franchise

Fair enough.

I mean, Spider-Man 4 was going to be f*cking terrible, anyway, based on what we know of it, so it's all for the best. It's like how some people swear Schumacher's third Batman flick would have been good, with its 30-second Nicholson/Joker cameo and Courtney f*cking Love as Harley Quinn and (possibly) Marilyn Manson or Nic Cage as Scarecrow. Everything I've heard about Raimi's possible Spider-Man 4 was similar levels of sh*thouse.

Nobody's a "genius", there's just a bunch of hacks who occasionally get lucky. Pick too much at them, you find out they're all just kinda throwing sh*t at the wall. I remember when George Lucas was a "genius" rather than a pariah. It all depends on what day it is.

...Although I'd certainly put the "genius" label on ol' George before I'd go near that daffy Kathleen Kennedy dame with it, I'll give you that one for free.

Last edited by Leo656; 11-02-2019 at 05:49 AM.
Old 11-04-2019, 05:33 PM   #877
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Anthony Daniels says C3PO is like a table decoration in IX:

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...le-decoration/
Old 11-04-2019, 10:18 PM   #878
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Lucas mentioned many times RD2/C3PO were the stars of Star Wars, it was their story, of course he also stated it was the story of Anakin after Episode III which makes no sense since the OT is not about Darth Vader but whatever. I also read another article with Bob Iger stating they won't be oversaturating Star Wars films again, which is odd since we already know of a bunch of movies coming out after IX and even more tv shows.
Old 11-13-2019, 12:42 PM   #879
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Mark Hamill tells a fan to wait for "Rise of Skywalker" to come to cable:

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...ease-on-cable/
Old 11-14-2019, 04:43 PM   #880
sdp
Megan Fox = April

three different cuts? triple yikes, and ironically enough it seems Lucas is what is going to salvage the sequel trilogy.