The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 12-01-2017, 06:20 PM   #2001
ColinStein
Foot Soldier

Ah, well good to know I'll have another Shredder when I find those bags. Nearly every set I've bought was missing a crucial piece. I hope with the Mattel acquisition, their customer support doesn't suffer.

I'm lucky my Xenomorph hasn't broken because it's the only one I've seen! I'd be screwed.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:37 AM   #2002
drag0nfeathers
Stone Warrior

Speaking of the Xenomorph... well

I'll just put this here
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20171202_223211.jpg (88.6 KB, 107 views)

Thank you to evan2000 for the AWESOME gif! <3
drag0nfeathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 11:45 AM   #2003
RaphVenkman11
Mouser

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmntman View Post
I don't know if this is new, but it is at least new to me. Mattel now has an eBay store. Included on it are some of the TMNT Mega Bloks and Mega Construx sets and the blind bags. Unfortunately the blind bags show images of series 4,5 and 6 while the description states that they are series 6 and 7 despite 7 not even having been hinted at yet.
If anyone has purchased any of the newer sets like the Shredder's Throne Battle the last page of the instructions has the minifigure checklist page which shows what series 7 would be.
Armaggon
Leo (looks like Monster Hunter, but maybe 80's style like the Wanted Bebop & Rocksteady)
Raph (metallic colors)
Kraangdroid (clear blue body)
Donnie (Super Ninja, like series 6 Leo)
Mikey (Vision Quest)
Casey Jones (Space/Dimension X)
The eighth mystery figure is not shown. My guess is it would be a Rocksteady to go with Bebop from series 6.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Turtle Figure List.jpg (74.9 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by RaphVenkman11; 12-09-2017 at 01:11 PM.
RaphVenkman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 07:05 PM   #2004
Blade Raider
Mad Scientist

Toys R Us has insane prices on the Mirage Comics Turtles. The 399 piece rooftop set is $3! THREE DOLLARS! I just bought the whole line for less than $20 shipped. I would've bought 2 of the Second Time Around set to complete the building, but it was 1 per customer.

https://www.toysrus.com/search?q=meg...+ninja+turtles
Old 12-09-2017, 07:20 PM   #2005
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post
Toys R Us has insane prices on the Mirage Comics Turtles. The 399 piece rooftop set is $3! THREE DOLLARS! I just bought the whole line for less than $20 shipped. I would've bought 2 of the Second Time Around set to complete the building, but it was 1 per customer.

I didn't know it was that cheap online too, thanks. I wouldn't have made the 2-hour round trip to the actual store for this given I already have multiple of each of these... But with a couple of button clicks you bet I'll take another set.

Wonder if the "1 per customer" will fail on me after I purchased the set once already immediately post-SDCC-2016 on the TRU site. The BOGO 40% off isn't quite working optimally, it took the 40% off 3 of the single figs instead of giving one of the discounts to the 2nd time around set. I WANT MY 40 CENTS BACK! Lulz.

Worth every penny even at full price. Such a shame they are having to dump these, I dunno why more people weren't on board for those sets. So cool they're in black and white IMO, maybe that turned casual buyers off. Also it was ridiculous how long after SDCC people were still paying ridiculous prices for them on eBay just because they had SDCC in the title, even though they were on shelves everywhere at TRU...and to my knowledge there is literally ZERO difference between the packaging/product from either channel.
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2017, 10:27 PM   #2006
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Yeah I have gifts to give people so I picked up four of the Rooftop Combat sets today at TRU. They had all the sets in the wrong location though. The tagged area was empty and I found the sets by the figures. It was also buy one get one 40% off. So I got the four sets for around $9, normally about $139 I think before tax.

Ross is also having really good deals on TMNT items. Like the Technodrome playset for $80 when TRU has it at $150 originally $250. And some other deals as well at Ross.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2017, 05:28 AM   #2007
Darealjstylez
Random Punk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
Yeah I have gifts to give people so I picked up four of the Rooftop Combat sets today at TRU. They had all the sets in the wrong location though. The tagged area was empty and I found the sets by the figures. It was also buy one get one 40% off. So I got the four sets for around $9, normally about $139 I think before tax.

Ross is also having really good deals on TMNT items. Like the Technodrome playset for $80 when TRU has it at $150 originally $250. And some other deals as well at Ross.
The technodrome is $75 in my area
Darealjstylez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 08:10 PM   #2008
ToSte
Hench Mutant

I picked up a set of the white single figs, and doubles of the black figure building sets. Ended up paying $30 for what's normally around $140 in retail, yeah that's pretty sweet.
ToSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:18 AM   #2009
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Raider View Post

Whoa, that's insane. The deals aren't quite as good in Canada it seems; I actually picked up the rooftop set in-store yesterday for $16, down 60% from the original price. Only two were left, and I can't really complain about that deal either.

I already got the Raph/Casey set a while back for a similar clearance sale, so I got a couple solid additions to my li'l Mirage shrine on the cheap.

Old 02-03-2018, 07:54 AM   #2010
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Does anyone have the Mega Bloks Monster High figures and could you post a pic of them next to a Turtle?
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 02:10 PM   #2011
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

News I've been waiting for, colored Mirage Turtles. Only Leo have been shown at Toy Fair, but it's a start.
http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2018/...live-coverage/

And Hellboy and more MOTU
Old 02-18-2018, 03:30 PM   #2012
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
News I've been waiting for, colored Mirage Turtles. Only Leo have been shown at Toy Fair, but it's a start.

And Hellboy and more MOTU
That’s cool. Thanks for posting this. Looks like Leo might also come with blue bandana as well.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 03:41 PM   #2013
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

Yeah, and a comic emulating paintjob 1000x better looking then the B/W single figures. I really hope the other three gets released rapidly
Old 02-18-2018, 03:43 PM   #2014
Powder
So tired of this place

That's pretty neat.

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:16 AM   #2015
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

The current Wave 2 of the Heroes line has been pretty hard for me to track down, I found 1 case so far at a Toys R Us which was almost ravaged by the time I got to it. Wave 1 is still clogging Walmarts -- well, parts of Wave 1 that is.

Also, with Mega, you never know how long these initiatives are going to last...so if their plan is to trickle out 1 turtle per wave for awhile then I really hope we make it to the end...
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 01:56 PM   #2016
tmntman
Mad Scientist

Quote:
I'm mostly just glad to see that Mattel isn't dumping the TMNT brand entirely. There may be some hope of the last of the modern Mega Construx sets showing up, even if it is just through a liquidation chain.

Check out my site at http://www.tmnttoys.com/
or follow me on Twitter, @TMNTtoys
tmntman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 02:22 PM   #2017
croaker
Random Punk

Quote:
Does anyone have the Mega Bloks Monster High figures and could you post a pic of them next to a Turtle?
I don't have them handy, but the monster high figures are in a different scale to the TMNT, halo and others. They are taller (long legs).
Maybe 30% taller?
croaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 11:14 PM   #2018
cloud
Stone Warrior

This is good news. Just when I lost hopes of seeing more TMNT Megabloks.
Will be getting the coloured comic TMNT for sure.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 08:04 AM   #2019
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Honestly, I'm more excited about that Lt. Cmdr. Data minifig over the colorized Mirage Leo...
Old 03-06-2018, 12:46 PM   #2020
inaheap
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Honestly, I'm more excited about that Lt. Cmdr. Data minifig over the colorized Mirage Leo...
About even split for me. I hope they do the whole main cast of TNG. But I want more turtles too. Keep hoping maybe they will do a toon colored version of Casey Jones.

We do not stop playing because we grow old. We grow old because we stop playing

When I became an adult I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
inaheap is offline   Reply With Quote