The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 09-30-2008, 08:31 PM   #41
Ninjinister
無問題

Update on Toy News International!

Quote:
Update: The folks at Playmates have let us know that due to some pricing issues the "Build-A-Figure" Cyber Splinter pieces will come packaged with their full-size Cyber Turtle figures, and not the mini-figures shown below as we originally reported.
So does that mean we'll actually get real Mini-Figure two packs?

This is a step in the right direction, at least....
Old 09-30-2008, 08:38 PM   #42
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The S View Post
Update on Toy News International!
So does that mean we'll actually get real Mini-Figure two packs?
This is a step in the right direction, at least....
Yes but don't forget that the larger cyber turtles are to be the damn movie figures with sculpted over parts again, so EPIC F#$KING FAIL for playmates again.
They're going to have to do a hell of allot better than some clear blue repaint of splinter if they want me to buy their lazy @ss movie turtles.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 08:42 PM   #43
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
Yes but don't forget that the larger cyber turtles are to be the damn movie figures with sculpted over parts again, so EPIC F#$KING FAIL for playmates again.
They're going to have to do a hell of allot better than some clear blue repaint of splinter if they want me to buy their lazy @ss movie turtles.
Hey, I didn't say they were making things all better.
Old 09-30-2008, 08:49 PM   #44
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

"But Vaughn, we're get gonna clear blue variants of the Turtles too!!" he said, expecting that Playmates will do Cyber Turtles sans armor if they think they can make a quick buck.

Which reminds me of that question I asked once, but I'll ask it again. Do you think Playmates pushed for Funimation (or whoever) to change the Turtles and other character models to be similar to the movie, so they could be cheap and simply re-sculpt movie figures as BttS figs?

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:07 PM   #45
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The S View Post
Hey, I didn't say they were making things all better.
Heh wasn't really directed at you, the walls have ears ya know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
"But Vaughn, we're get gonna clear blue variants of the Turtles too!!" he said, expecting that Playmates will do Cyber Turtles sans armor if they think they can make a quick buck.
Which reminds me of that question I asked once, but I'll ask it again. Do you think Playmates pushed for Funimation (or whoever) to change the Turtles and other character models to be similar to the movie, so they could be cheap and simply re-sculpt movie figures as BttS figs?
Sure why not Jest, and you know I can't lie I would be half tempted to buy clearish black toned turtles with the circuit board look going on in blue highlights.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:11 PM   #46
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Vaughn, is it just me or has the creative staff, Peter, Playmates, heck maybe even Murph, given up on the franchise?

Old 09-30-2008, 09:16 PM   #47
Ninjinister
無問題

You know what I think would make sense? If they repackaged Nightwatcher, the Ancient Armour Turtles, and Stone Generals for individual sale. I only got Nightwatcher with the bike because he was on clearance, and I never got any of the Stone Generals because I didn't feel like paying for the two-packs. I'm certain there are a lot of other people that would buy individually packaged versions of these figures because they didn't want to buy the deluxe sets.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:20 PM   #48
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Heck, I'd buy Armored Don given he had the original face sculpt he had in the 2 pack and make a movie/BttS Ben. (I was gonna buy a 2 pack but could never find Don and wasn't willing to pay that much to make a custom, even if it was of our favorite 5th turtle.)

Old 09-30-2008, 09:26 PM   #49
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Vaughn, is it just me or has the creative staff, Peter, Playmates, heck maybe even Murph, given up on the franchise?
Honestly this is how I see it, Peter cares but is blind to allot of things.
Playmates cares about making money even if it's very little, or perhaps they have a sweet deal these days who knows, as every line they have besides TMNT flops and yet they treat those lines with more care and brand new sculpts.
Murph cares still deep down just like I do he and I share allot of the same opinions about things.
He's just tired of screaming, shouting, & waving his arms franticly at the blind and deff of the business side of things who wouldn't know a great or creative idea if it ran up and punched their faces.
& me I'm tired of it also but there is nothing any of us can but try to do things ourselves, if Playmates wasn't so lazy and Peter not so stubborn to see how helpful adding Archie and old toon characters to the NECA line-ups I wouldn't have an army of figures waiting in the wings to be customized into characters I love and know I will never see be made into plastic form correctly that should have been made ages ago but haven't because of pig headed executive types who have no damn clue how creativity works, all they know is business but they need each other to balance the other out.
If the Artist didn't have the adviser he'd be screwed and if the business adviser type didn't have the artist he'd be out of a flipping job and no one would have anything.
My Point is allot of people need to pull their heads out of their @sses and move onward and upword or they're heading for the death of a great property on the dawn of it's anniversary and then all of their "plans" will fall flat on their moronic faces.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:48 PM   #50
Roseangelo
Emperor

I've quit caring what happens and I kinda hope it all fails. I'll reconsider when Peter and Gary aren't in charge. Could be a long wait.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 09:52 PM   #51
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
I've quit caring what happens and I kinda hope it all fails. I'll reconsider when Peter and Gary aren't in charge. Could be a long wait.
I know You and Peter are heated at one another but I can't help but agree with that statement as they seem to just go along for the ride anymore and not really be in charge of things in a good way but more in the way of the I'm the boss I sit in my office all day while the rest of you work and tell you what to do and then when it doesn't go my way or the person above me (playmates 4kids) b1tches I'm going to come down on you and make you worry about your future at the company.
Sound about right? This sounds just like every manager I've ever had working in retail, hell even doing art jobs.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:54 PM   #52
Roseangelo
Emperor

Quote:
I know you and Peter are heated at one another but I can't help but agree with that statement as they seem to just go along for the ride anymore and not really be in charge of things in a good way but more in the way of the I'm the boss I sit in my office all day while the rest of you work and tell you what to do and then when it doesn't go my way or the person above me (playmates 4kids) b1tches I'm going to come down on you and make you worry about your future at the company.
Sound about right? This sounds just like every manager I've ever had working in retail, hell even doing art jobs.
I would say that's a good part of the problem, though not it entirely.
Roseangelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 10:00 PM   #53
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy

Quote:
If the Artist didn't have the adviser he'd be screwed and if the business adviser type didn't have the artist he'd be out of a flipping job and no one would have anything.
The ole' Walt and Roy Disney analogy. Walt was the creative genius, and Roy was the business minded one, and together they built a great American institution.

Seems to me that Mirage, as I've said else where, could care less about fan service and is just gonna do what Laird feels is the best, which seems to be totally bass ackwards.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:06 PM   #54
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
How is it odd that they come with parts?
Well it's odd to me because I don't pay attention to other toy lines with some exceptions (IE Stargate or Star Trek).

And as for the news update about the blue Splinter now coming with the standard sized figs....Well I suppose that's a bit better. But I'd still only end up with one or two body parts since I rarely buy all 4 turtles in a line.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:09 PM   #55
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
The ole' Walt and Roy Disney analogy. Walt was the creative genius, and Roy was the business minded one, and together they built a great American institution.

Seems to me that Mirage, as I've said else where, could care less about fan service and is just gonna do what Laird feels is the best, which seems to be totally bass ackwards.
It totally is we're nothing without his creations and his creations are nothing without the fans to support them. It's sad but true and some may argue this but as we can see TMNT is going down the tube again, and many of us want it to, not because we dislike Peter or stopped caring about the turtles but because when you take out what made something great in the first place and start changing them around to fit how you are now(or how your mind thinks now), you may think it's great but the people you pulled in along the way may see things differntly.
I know I'm here for the long run so I try to at least get along or listen to these types of people.
But even I have been set up for dissapointment time and time again and really don't know how much more I can stand.
It's like I said to Murph, I think perhaps it's time I really focused on my own creations and let the driving force behind TMNT drive it into the ground once more, being careless causes accidents (and deaths) that's something they should have learned the first time round.
Old 09-30-2008, 10:29 PM   #56
CyberCubed
Overlord

The sad thing is the only thing I want from Playmates is a good Cyber Shredder toy.

It would be just too cool.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:22 AM   #57
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The sad thing is the only thing I want from Playmates is a good Cyber Shredder toy.
Too bad we ain't getting one. The Cyber Turtles are gonna be a freaking riot/crying shame... I actually want to see what they have planned.

Maybe they have some one take a Sharpee and write "Cyber" on the chest of each turtle....
Old 10-01-2008, 08:37 AM   #58
notebook
Hench Mutant

yeah, this reminds me of that epsode of the simpsons where ralph "dresses up" as idaho.

why the hell are we getting a repainted version of the shredder that doesnt have anything to do with anything? (maybe it doesnt matter- its not like i'll be able to find these things in the stores anymore)

i dont understand it. all those unreleased ff and movie figures- didnt they cost a lot of money to sculpt?

i guess 2009 will be a time of reckoning again for the turtles. maybe playmates is holding back something that'll blow our minds next year. although i am kinda looking forward to the music turtles and the new "fire" characters, it just doesnt make any sense what playmates is doing now.

semi-ot: i was in tru the other day and i noticed that the quality of a lot of action figures has gone way down since i was a kid. those ben 10, kungfu panda, etc figs are way worse than post-2k3 tmnt figs...
notebook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 11:40 AM   #59
Drtooth
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by aden View Post
semi-ot: i was in tru the other day and i noticed that the quality of a lot of action figures has gone way down since i was a kid. those ben 10, kungfu panda, etc figs are way worse than post-2k3 tmnt figs...
Ugh... the Kung Fu Panda line from Mattel, overconfidently over pricing everything again. I saw those. With the exception of maybe Hasbro (since all their investments have paid off) ALL toy lines are suffering across the boards. There aren't too many cartoons on TV that warrant a toy line, even ones that were made solely to make toys... kids are asking for higher end, more expensive crap (especially stuff that's not age appropriate)... and let's not forget the new 2003- present business model, do whatever the hell you can get away with as cheaply as possible, and whine like a baby when things don't go right.

No one's putting any effort in anything these days, and it shows. And not just toys... TV shows... movies...etc...etc... we're in a nice little slacker comfort zone. No wonder things got horrible, economically.

I say Playmates should have at least bit the bullet and made 2k3 or FF style toys with a 2k3/ff style price tag for this line, and canceled all the rest of the movie toys. They didn't. I say they should have at least looked at the model sheets at the show they wanted to change direction on to sell toys from and make at least one semi-show specific villain... double fault. They're gonna lose money again, and tinker with the show some more, and then NOT make toys related to it again.
Old 10-01-2008, 02:31 PM   #60
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drtooth View Post
I say Playmates should have at least bit the bullet and made 2k3 or FF style toys with a 2k3/ff style price tag for this line, and canceled all the rest of the movie toys. They didn't. I say they should have at least looked at the model sheets at the show they wanted to change direction on to sell toys from and make at least one semi-show specific villain... double fault. They're gonna lose money again, and tinker with the show some more, and then NOT make toys related to it again.
And Bingo Was His Name-O!

Tags
action figures