The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Video Game Discussion

Notices

Old 02-17-2011, 05:17 AM   #21
Nelson
Stone Warrior

I was going to suggest using a backflip animation for runniong (I think there are backflips in TF) but that is much better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwwd View Post
I was thinking about special move where one turtle would go to wait animation and wait until second turtle connects with him and they would attack together ,kinda co-op attack in duet but im still thinking how it should look like,maybe like this rolling from tmnt movie where raphael and leonardo are rolling on each other then raph performs roundhouse kick.I am not sure if people would want to waste time to do such moves maybe they prefere to fight apart not together like that.
I can also make it so for example leonardo wouldnt have to be in wait animation but raphael could jump at him and they would roll together ,i dont know ,this might be annyoying cause you would interrupt second player and jump at him a lot in the middle of the moves.
Maybe you could implement group attacks the way they work in the Ultimate Alliance games. with some twists:
1.- Have a MP bar common to all players.
2.- When the bar is full, and a player wants to do a group attack, he will make it known to his teammates by pressing a designated button. Graphically, there should be a signal, he could flash white, for example (this could be done using the weapon command)
3.- If another player also wants to do a group attack, the should press the designated button (starts flashing white) and then touch the other character.
4.- Run group attack animation
5.- Loose group attack "weapon"
Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:01 AM   #22
dcat
Foot Soldier

Quote:
New edit, i did it cause snes sprites didnt had running anim,it wasnt easy.

I used those as reference

But i see that you posted those when i was making it

I can switch friendly fire on/off during gameplay so it wouldnt be a problem,i dont want turtles to be able to hit each other tho.
I dont like this casey from genesis version,dont like drawing style but i might take his mask when ill find good base character for him.I also want casey with moves from NES version.
Well I ripped a sheet of him on spriter's resource so it has all of his moves and a general stance on there. Wonderful edit by the way, that is exactly what I was hoping for, your edit's beautiful, you really do work at an incredibly quick pace! I'll try to rip some backgrounds for you. Were you keeping background layers separate so that the sky can scroll independently of the foreground and the floor? this might be a good idea to add a tiny bit of old school depth to some levels.
dcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:10 AM   #23
oldmanwinters
Overlord

I am in awe of your spriting talents, bwwd!

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 08:27 AM   #24
bwwd
Hench Mutant

Thanks for suggestion about group attacks,i think ill do it by one player going to waiting state and flashing,second player would need to touch him to attack together.
About bgs,it depends sometimes i using layers sometimes not but if i can use separate layer for sky or far background then im using it.But stages would have to be not cartoony looking ,stages from tournament fighter on snes are cartoony looking so i didnt used any of them,i prefere to cut things from other games and join them together.
Thanks for this casey spritesheet.
--
Ok what about this Casey,does it look decent enough ?

Last edited by bwwd; 02-17-2011 at 09:08 AM.
bwwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:36 AM   #25
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Looks great, but kinda needs shoes.

Oh and, for the music, I'm not sure what are you going to use aside from the main movie theme, but if you like old school techno here are 2 very Streets of Ragey songs from Technotronic:

Voices

Hey yoh, here we go

Last edited by Nelson; 02-17-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:39 AM   #26
Alouicious
Random Punk

Wow, that's amazing. I see a distinct influence from "Tournament Fighters" in the sprites but the color swaps and faces and such are clearly not the stock "Tournament Fighters" faces. I'm guessing you've got a lot of experience in spriting.

I'm terrible at these sorts of games, but you've got another person looking forward to the final product!
Alouicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 10:48 AM   #27
oldmanwinters
Overlord

That Casey is amazing (like Nelson said, he does need shoes, though!). Besides the NES sprites are you using anything as a basis for visual inspiration? And are there any plans for April too?

View my sketch work!
Old 02-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #28
bwwd
Hench Mutant

I wont be making him now,ill leave him for later,now stages are important cause even if i would have all characters done then they dont have areas to fight ,i have about 8 stages ,i think ill make 15 and thats it,there will be VS mode and combo practicing arena mode as separate options aside from story mode where you go through stages.
Im using mostly nes version for casey and shredder moves,for stages anything similar to those stages parts that i posted would be good ,decent amount of colours ,not stages like this :

This is nice:

So there needs to be good amount of colours.
This is perfect

Last edited by bwwd; 02-17-2011 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #29
Nelson
Stone Warrior

Casey looks great now.

Here's a list of suggested stages:

From movie 1:

Sewers
Check Brawl Brothers (Rushing Beat 2) (SNES)

Rooftops
Check Brawl Brothers (Rushing Beat 2) (SNES)

Park

Subway Station:
Streets of Rage 3 at 0:26:05

Foot Clan Base: Entrance
Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon (Arcade) at 09:23

Foot Clan Base: Warehouse
Final Fight 1 at 4:00
Streets of Rage 3 at 0:02:13
Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon (Arcade) at 23:10

Foot Clan Base: Play Zone
Riot City (Arcade) at 33:16
Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon (Arcade) at 28:44

Foot Clan Base: Training room

Foot Clan Base: TV room
The place where the Shredder was watching April's report. Could be a part od the game, a bunch of monitors on the wall with an animation of April.

From movie 2:

Foot Clan Base: Junkyard
Pretty Soldier Sailor Moon (Arcade) at 11:03
The actual entrance to the base could be also in Sailor Moon. Check mark 22:28 of that same video.

TGRI Labs

Contruction Zone:
Streets of Rage 3 at 0:19:57

Last edited by Nelson; 02-17-2011 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #30
bwwd
Hench Mutant

I will use some of them,i have about 13 stages now.I might reject some later tho,we will see how some would look like in the game.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:11 PM   #31
Spitfire
Writer • Director

Wow this is pretty cool. Good luck on the project. I look forward to playing it when it's finished.

Is it just following the story of the movie or are you making a new one?
Old 02-17-2011, 08:25 PM   #32
bwwd
Hench Mutant

New one ,im just using sprites similar to movie style for turtles,if i would want to follow the movie raphael would be only one playable most of the time.

Last edited by bwwd; 02-17-2011 at 08:53 PM.
Old 02-17-2011, 08:30 PM   #33
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
if i would want to follow the movie raphael would be only one playable most of the time.
lol, that's so true!

View my sketch work!
Old 02-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #34
Coola Yagami
Overlord

It looks awesome, but I think you should ditch the flashing red screen and lame scream when an enemy dies. Considering the fact that you want to make this a 2-player game, or even 4 player, the screen is gonna be pausing and flashing red all the time.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 12:05 PM   #35
Sword Slicin' Leo
Stone Warrior

Only suggestion i have is to maybe render their skintones to their unique color..so its easier to tell them apart in 4 player mode,maybe even their pade too.. kinda like the Movie star action figures ('92)
Sword Slicin' Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:00 PM   #36
bwwd
Hench Mutant

OK i rembved the screen ,sounds will be changed,those things are just leftovers from previous game.
Now im giving enemies bombs and making some obstacles,items.

This will be 4 player game there also will be mode where you would play alone with 3 turtles helping you(cpu players).
It feels a little bit odd now without screen flashing cause you dont know if enemy died or not but im leaving it off for now.

Last edited by bwwd; 02-18-2011 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:11 PM   #37
dcat
Foot Soldier

Maybe instead of the screen flashing you can have the enemy flash a color on the critical hit. They still have a screaming death noise don't they?
dcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 02:16 PM   #38
Coola Yagami
Overlord

or maybe choose another death noise. or a grunt.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:19 PM   #39
bwwd
Hench Mutant

OK ill dig out some samples from snes games.

Last edited by bwwd; 02-18-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:08 PM   #40
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician

Damn God has given u some talent. I am impressed.

The only suggestion I can give is give each turtle a special attack, and maybe give them a slide attack like in Manhattan project. I love how much more mature u made the game. I cant wait to play this game!
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fan game