The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 12-26-2017, 01:31 PM   #221
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Who is playing her in Solo? The lead actress in the movie is Emilia Clarke who is definitely not playing her.
Who? Sana Starros? The only black chick I see in the IMDB is Thandie Newton, and she's old enough to be Alden's grandmother now. And no way Leia shows up in this.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 01:36 PM   #222
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Now there was a beast of a game.
Ever since I first learned of it I've been shocked it wasn't completely ripped off for more space sim games in the 90's and beyond, Star Wars or otherwise.

Quote:
Who is playing her in Solo? The lead actress in the movie is Emilia Clarke who is definitely not playing her.
I think that's just a very persistent rumor. The film's basically done at this point and I believe we know who everyone is playing.
Old 12-26-2017, 01:40 PM   #223
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
Ever since I first learned of it I've been shocked it wasn't completely ripped off for more space sim games in the 90's and beyond, Star Wars or otherwise.
Yeah, and it had to have been successful. It warranted an expansion pack and a (disappointing) sequel, at least.

Privateer 3 and then Privateer: Online were very nearly things before EA crushed them as they do all things.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:02 PM   #224
dl316bh
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Yeah, and it had to have been successful. It warranted an expansion pack and a (disappointing) sequel, at least.

Privateer 3 and then Privateer: Online were very nearly things before EA crushed them as they do all things.
It reminds me a little bit of System Shock. Cult classics that pushed games in new ways, but never got the recognition they deserved or were overshadowed by other, bigger releases at the time. Though I feel like System Shock is at least a little better known these days, or at least its influence is recognized and it's been vindicated by history.

EA ruins whatever it touches. They always have.
Old 12-26-2017, 02:09 PM   #225
NinjaPug
Foot Elite

Quote:
Who? Sana Starros? The only black chick I see in the IMDB is Thandie Newton, and she's old enough to be Alden's grandmother now. And no way Leia shows up in this.
Yeah, Vegita claimed Sana was the lead female in the movie.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:26 PM   #226
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Vegita-san makes up stuff and then believes his own nonsense. Look at all his rants about how the entire Disney staff apparently hate males according to him, or the other conspiracy theories he's come up with in his mind. All his posts in Star Wars threads are poorly veiled rants about some anti-feminism crusade he's on.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 02:27 PM   #227
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dl316bh View Post
EA ruins whatever it touches. They always have.
We should be on at least Dune 8, Ultima XVII, and Wing Commander XIII by now.

Those motherless f***s...
Old 12-26-2017, 07:48 PM   #228
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
No, that's what I saw someone post on reddit.
thought it was interesting enough to pass along since I Recalled something about that characters name mentioned a while ago.

obviously i'm not following this movie too closely.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 12:32 PM   #229
CyberCubed
Overlord

From reddit, found on a licensing site, a promotional image, maybe the main poster:

I don't know, I have a bad feeling about this. To be fair he looks a little more like Harrison Ford here than he ever did before, but it depends how he is in the actual movie.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:11 PM   #230
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Does anyone else feel like this movie will try to be the Star Wars equivalent... of Forrest Gump?
Old 12-27-2017, 01:33 PM   #231
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
From reddit, found on a licensing site, a promotional image, maybe the main poster:

https://i.redd.it/g4uahr5tzh601.jpg

I don't know, I have a bad feeling about this. To be fair he looks a little more like Harrison Ford here than he ever did before, but it depends how he is in the actual movie.
Here's another image.

Old 12-27-2017, 04:39 PM   #232
CyberCubed
Overlord

The way Chewy's face is slanted in this picture makes it almost look like a parody pic or some made-for-youtube special by fans. In fact if you showed this to anyone even just 5 years ago they'd believe that.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:47 PM   #233
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

That artwork is FAKE!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12...ovie-art-fake/

Old 12-27-2017, 06:07 PM   #234
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Even Star Wars shills and Disney this movie is going to suck, literally no one wants this to be a movie.

Now, no matter what I think we can assume all the scenes with Chewie are going to be good. He seems like a character that is not that difficult to write for.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 06:10 PM   #235
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Even Star Wars shills and Disney this movie is going to suck, literally no one wants this to be a movie.

Now, no matter what I think we can assume all the scenes with Chewie are going to be good. He seems like a character that is not that difficult to write for.
I would like to know when even the most ardent kathleen kennedy fan will admit star wars is faltering fast under her leadership, and she might not be as good as everyone says she is.

if no one wanted this made, how did it get greenlit? seemed like a disaster from the get go.
Old 12-27-2017, 07:20 PM   #236
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

The problem is were getting a Star Wars movie every year, cause of that, they have to write those scripts really fast, cause they have a short amount of time to start filming it, and doing post production, in 2018 they will start filming Episode 9 when Solo: A Star Wars Story comes out.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:01 PM   #237
CyberCubed
Overlord

Completely different writers/directors work on each movie, it doesn't matter that a new movie comes out every year when completely different people work on them. Same reason we get 3 or so Marvel superhero movies every year, because they have completely different directors/writers.

The way some people talk as if the same 2-3 people work on every single movie. This isn't your overnight fanfiction that you wrote when you were a teenager.
Old 12-28-2017, 09:11 AM   #238
Vegita-San
Emperor

apparently the 'art' may not be real, but the images are.

Lando's hair cut in the movie.

Old 12-28-2017, 02:49 PM   #239
Spike Spiegel
See You Next Mission

This interview gives me a bit of hope for the film, although Ms. Newton doesn't really say much about it directly.

I don't know if she's playing Sana Starros, but she certainly doesn't look like the comic version.

They could do a lot worse than to emulate the better parts of the nu-EU. I think there's an issue of one of the current comics where Hera from Rebels meets up with Doctor Aphra from the Darth Vader series.

The movies aren't as satisfying as they could be overall, but every comic I've come across has been at least readable and entertaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Mirage [is]...a comic about life and how life and the people closest to you just absolutely suck sometimes. It's "adult" in a very real sense, in that it deals with heavy themes that resonate more with adults, not that it's full of blood and titties or whatever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
[TMNT 1990 director Steve] Barron recognized the early Mirage issues as perfect storyboards. It's a shame no other filmmaker has.

Last edited by Spike Spiegel; 12-28-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Spike Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 05:24 PM   #240
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
This interview gives me a bit of hope for the film, although Ms. Newton doesn't really say much about it directly.

I don't know if she's playing Sana Starros, but she certainly doesn't look like the comic version.
They could give her crazy hair if they really wanted to. Thandie is 20 years older than Alden, though... no way would they make her some ex-wife. She'll be some random fellow smuggler/trader/bounty hunter/information giver.

Tags
autismawareness, cubedwannacracker, cuck solo, snake the true fan, snake vs tfa, snake vs the world, solo a sjw story