The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: A moment of silence for Hamato Yoshi
Looks like Shredder has given up on Karai ever seeing him as a father again 4 6.78%
Rockwell: (sarcastically) Egad, I could barely defend myself 4 6.78%
Mikey: My dudes, my bros, my Turts...it's that time again. Our series is winding down 7 11.86%
Splinter: Leadership doesn't come from your head, it comes from your heart 8 13.56%
Splinter...T.T 14 23.73%
Casey: (Flips garbage truck lever) Oops 22 37.29%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2017, 08:28 AM   #41
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
Also, is this the first time the Turtles cried in this series?

I remember in the 2003 series they cried like every other episode...
MIkey cried in Season 3 final and at the beginning of Beyond the Known Universe you see a pic of the turtles crying.

The only time that the turtles cried in the 2003 show was Raph in Tales of Leo.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:35 AM   #42
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Even though I saw the Korean version I still can't believer leatherhead killed rahzar.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:36 AM   #43
Vicky82
Emperor

I doubt Rahzar's dead, if he can survive being run over by a train he will survive drowning.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:41 AM   #44
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
I doubt Rahzar's dead, if he can survive being run over by a train he will survive drowning.
If Shredder can walk right away from a mad mutant alligator attack, then how can he be incapacitated after Splinter gives him a couple hits? If there's one thing this show isn't, it's consistent.
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:43 AM   #45
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaronardo View Post
If Shredder can walk right away from a mad mutant alligator attack, then how can he be incapacitated after Splinter gives him a couple hits? If there's one thing this show isn't, it's consistent.
Seeing how I don't even consider the whole Triceratons/Space arc canon, I just like to assume Shredder being crushed under the statue in 'Clash of the Mutanimals' was the preposition for that.

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:47 AM   #46
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Ok so if Rahzar doesn't appear in the first few episodes of season 5 then he's dead but I hope he aint I wan't Mikey to kill him.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:49 AM   #47
Aaronardo
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTMNT2012 View Post
Seeing how I don't even consider the whole Triceratons/Space arc canon, I just like to assume Shredder being crushed under the statue in 'Clash of the Mutanimals' was the preposition for that.
Right with you there. You could skip a season's worth of episodes (half of 3 and half or more of 4) and it wouldn't change the storyline much and make the pacing better.
Aaronardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:51 AM   #48
ToTheNines
[sic]

I'm fine with TigerClaw and maybe Baxter living and having a presence in season 5, but the rest of the Foot deserve to die.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 08:54 AM   #49
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
I watched Earth's Last Stand not that long ago, and upon further review, Splinter definitely paralyzed him. And that last freebie he unloaded upon his head was pretty powerful.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:17 AM   #50
PApagreg
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I watched Earth's Last Stand not that long ago, and upon further review, Splinter definitely paralyzed him. And that last freebie he unloaded upon his head was pretty powerful.

Well that was pretty much pressure points so rules are a little different there

As for this episode how is that I feel more sorrow about a 14 year old not knowing his password for his laptop, than a do for the death of Splinter.

1- Its kinda Splinter's fault, the dude is pretty much the only person who can beat Shredder in hand to hand combat but instead of finishing the job he half ass it and waits until Shredder's empire grows, hell once you think about it everything that Shredder does from the beginning of the series to the present episode Splinter is partially responsible with his inactivity. Whats worse is that we have had 3 fake outs and 1 "death" that I became desensitized towards the whole thing and the fact Splinter didn't check for a body makes me think he was asking for it.

2- The fault of the Turtles, they knew that Shredder would risk the world for Splinter's death and instead of trying to find where he was located they decided to play board games. Hell the fact they didn't think of the possibility that Shredder would't mutate himself makes me think they have some sort head injury(and to add salt to the wound the fact Donnie didn't have any extra retro mutagen is beyond stupid).

Last edited by PApagreg; 02-19-2017 at 09:33 AM.
PApagreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 09:55 AM   #51
Vicky82
Emperor

Time for the UK airing

Old 02-19-2017, 10:14 AM   #52
Redworld96
Stone Warrior

I can't wait to watch Blacknerd's review and his reactions.
Redworld96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:45 AM   #53
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior

Leatherhead really takes a pounding doesn't he?

I know he's a giant mutant croc/gator/whatever but he's a lot older than he was when they first introduced him, because of the time difference between Earth and Dimension X when Leatherhead was prisoner.

I saw this episode in Korean and bawled my eyes out. And then it was no better in English, even though I knew what was coming. I've never cried at TMNT before. My heart nearly stopped when Splinter was soaring off the building.

Have to say, the sound and music team really stepped it up this episode.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:52 AM   #54
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wtf... Had wished spoilery crap wasn't true, but maybe it was better knowing it was going to happen. So sad though. Some other version wouldn't be as bad, but 2012 just seem far too young to be left orphaned like that.

I'm kinda mad Shredder didn't die. Less dramatic maybe, but I'd kind of rather Shredder died first then if Splinter must go maybe later at home from internal injuries. (In the beginning of this one, you'd think he was secretly ill...) Jeezus, Nick. Surprisingly brutal for a "kid's show." (If that doesn't earn it any Kid's Choice votes there is something wrong.)

Off with his head, Leo. Nick wants to push envelops so much, then do it.

Though I have to say, while watching it Splinter's death kind of ruined my giving any craps that they did the trash truck bit.

Annnnd just going to take a guess that Shini's real job here is to be Karai's ticket back to Japan. Shame she never really got the chance to spend all that much time with her real father. At least she and the Turtles still have each other as adoptive family, but all of them orphaned...

These Turtles need their own Ancient One to show up for a while.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 10:54 AM   #55
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
Leatherhead really takes a pounding doesn't he?

I know he's a giant mutant croc/gator/whatever but he's a lot older than he was when they first introduced him, because of the time difference between Earth and Dimension X when Leatherhead was prisoner.

I saw this episode in Korean and bawled my eyes out. And then it was no better in English, even though I knew what was coming. I've never cried at TMNT before. My heart nearly stopped when Splinter was soaring off the building.

Have to say, the sound and music team really stepped it up this episode.
He's almost nigh invulnerable lol. Loved how he called out rocksteady for being a coward.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:04 AM   #56
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist

I just can't stop gushing over this episode. It's the artistic pinnacle of TMNT.

Now you know why the Nick design for Splinter was so much taller than other incarnations; because then ALL four Turtles get to carry his lifeless body...

If he was short like the other versions, we'd probably just get Leo carrying him with the other Turtles in the background. Subtle design choices like that can make a scene go from mildly emotional to GUT-WRENCHINGLY emotional!

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:07 AM   #57
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Watching now. Laughed way to hard at the Carter reference. Expected Super Shredder to say "Then so be it!" When Karai said they'd all die in the warehouse fight. Let's see how this all plays out.

EDIT: man...what a gut punch. Though the garbage truck and Casey's, "Oops." Had me cheering. Next week is going to be wicked.
Carter, YES.

I appreciated the invoking of the 1st movie conclusion but twisting it for tragic effect. Splinter's dare of Shredder to rush him while hiding his weapon & strategy was well done, making it look like Shredder might actually have gone over the edge for good.

The careful camera syncing of the good guy views from the ground and building top as Shredder turned the tables was one of my favorite sequences in the whole series. Watching all their faces respond in horror as Splinter fell to the ground... such pathos.

Spoiler:
I know it's a kid's show shooting for a Y7 rating or whatever, but how in the world is Splinter's already broken body so durable as to withstand a free fall from a skyscraper to the pavement fully intact?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:12 AM   #58
Vicky82
Emperor

Andre Meadows ‏@BlackNerd 5m
Trying to film and edit today's @TMNT episode recap... if I can stop crying... #TurtleFeels #TMNT

I'm looking forward to his recap

Old 02-19-2017, 11:13 AM   #59
Yoshimickster
Foot Soldier

GEEZE-and I thought Takeshi losing an arm would be the most grisly this season would get!
Yoshimickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 11:43 AM   #60
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite

What makes it more of an impact is that this time, you can actually see the blades piercing through Splinter whereas last time, the camera cut above him and Shredder's blades so you wouldn't be able to fully see it.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote