The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 06-30-2019, 09:56 AM   #21
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus View Post
I'm from New York originally. Manhattan really doesn't have many alleyways that are accessible to the public. There are quiet poorly lit side streets with nothing on them in very residential areas, which may as well be. Then theres a few like cortlandt and mechanics alley which are basically filming locations. The outer boroughs probably do. I always imagine tmnt taking place in brooklyn tbh
I don't know why, but I'm getting a huge feeling of dejá vu here. I think we've had this exchange before.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 07:31 AM   #22
corvus
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I don't know why, but I'm getting a huge feeling of dejá vu here. I think we've had this exchange before.
Maybe. I haven't been on this forum for about three or four years.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:34 AM   #23
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Pretty cool that you're back.

Also, here's the twitter posts regarding what Tom was talking about

Yeah, gonna say this revelation comes from Metalhead??? Since I'm already guessing that they find out about Krang's connection to their reincarnation, I'm probably going to assume that Metalhead, already sharing Don's memories, has some kind of "memory projection".
Since Don already doesn't have memories of his human life, I'm going to bet that maybe he saw the Utroms way off in the distance before he was killed, and naturally doesn't remember.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:42 AM   #24
CyberCubed
Overlord

I’m not sure if I’m correct or not but given Tom talks about Casey a lot in regards to this issue and we know Jennika is literally on life support, I predict:

Spoiler:
Jennika is pregnant. Libby discovers this when saving her life, the baby is IDW’s version of Shadow. Also we are in “City at War” after all.

I wonder if I’m right.

Last edited by CyberCubed; 07-01-2019 at 08:49 AM.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:09 AM   #25
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Even if she is, there's no way it's going to be viable if she dies. Given how much she's bled out and how she's still pretty flat. I mean, gotta be less than four months. And even if she does survive, there's probably not much of a chance a pregnancy would. No amount of mutagen can't bring back what's truly dead.

Last edited by Utrommaniac; 07-01-2019 at 09:36 AM.
Utrommaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 11:27 AM   #26
Igglet

Inb4 the baby comes back as a mutant turtle.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:23 PM   #27
Igglet

Tom is having the time of his life on Twitter, man.

"In two days (7/3/19) you'll be able to pick up #TMNT #95 #CityAtWar Part 3 and find out why we had to keep this cover secret in the preview. Get to your comic book store and get yourself a copy to find out what awesomeness @kevineastman86 has behind the "?" "
Old 07-01-2019, 03:47 PM   #28
CyberCubed
Overlord

I hope this issue doesn't get too overhyped now to the point where people might be a bit disappointed.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:53 PM   #29
ChosenOne
Banned

So... What is the likeliest plot twist or mindblowing moment to come out of #95? Let's list all of our ideas and see if anyone comes close!

And at this point, someone suggesting that Metalhead mutates Jennika or the hypothetical baby into a turtle will not be accused of crazy talk!
Old 07-01-2019, 04:01 PM   #30
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
So... What is the likeliest plot twist or mindblowing moment to come out of #95? Let's list all of our ideas and see if anyone comes close!

And at this point, someone suggesting that Metalhead mutates Jennika or the hypothetical baby into a turtle will not be accused of crazy talk!
I do appreciate that both of the crazy-talk theories that you listed came from me. It means I'm doing something right. You all gotta step your game up, I did my part.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:18 PM   #31
phillytmnt
Thug

I have a very, very bad feeling Jenika will be mutated into Venus. I hope I'm wrong.
phillytmnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 04:23 PM   #32
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillytmnt View Post
I have a very, very bad feeling Jenika will be mutated into Venus. I hope I'm wrong.
If it happens, I'm blaming you.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:07 PM   #33
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I mean there's a "secret" about to be revealed...Jennika mutating isn't exactly a "secret"
Old 07-01-2019, 05:27 PM   #34
SimplySatire
Mouser

Thank you! Also, I could give two ***** less about Jenny but I guess she's relevant *shrug* but tbh, she and Casey work better than Casey and this April. I don't really see them working together; I feel like they're forced or something.

Old 07-01-2019, 05:46 PM   #35
ChosenOne
Banned

Here's a crazy thought: what if the whole Metalhead/Jennika/mutagen thing is just a fake-out? Just a diversion? Or rather, the part of the issue IDW is okay with us knowing about but not the big plot twist or shocking moment? If it was being planned as far back as the comic began, then it can't be that. It has to be something much more basic and core to the TMNT mythos than comparably extraneous things like Metalhead and an original character. It has to be something that was there from the start, in those very first issues. What if... It's Splinter (or Karai) donning the mantle of the Shredder? Yeah, I know, I know, I'm kinda obsessed with the notion of multiple Shredders, but it would make much more sense than something the IDW crew wasn't even sure would be involved in the comic this far into the future. You get excited about the elements you're working with, not ones you vaguely may or may not introduce years down the road...
Old 07-01-2019, 05:50 PM   #36
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

The only way to stop Metalhead is for him to be possessed thus Metalinka is born.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:51 PM   #37
Igglet

Purposefully ****** theories aside, it's interesting though, right? Because, what secret could METALHEAD know, of all people? Krang being the reason for their rebirth? I mean, sure, but that wouldn't be hyped up so much, we KNOW this. Could it be some secret purpose behind their mutation? I mean, we already knew Krang wanted to build an army of Mutants. Maybe his plan has gone farther than we believed? Or could this maybe be related to the mystical part of the mythology, what if this isn't the first time the turtles have reincarnated? Just a thought, I'm tossing a lot of things out because nothing seems to stick.

I'm thinking Jennika being pregnant might be the only logical explanation here. Metalhead could probably figure it out, we've explicitly been shown Casey being in shock for some reason, and while it IS unlikely for the baby to still be alive... nobody said it had to be. Still, something just doesn't feel right, especially as this wouldn't be all that related to Metalhead, and I don't really think it's deserving of this much hype. Plus, I doubt Tom would describe the death of an unborn child as something he's been excited to write since day 1. I genuinely don't know what to think. Though considering the fact that I've thrown like 30 theories in there, I feel like I'm bound to get some of it right.

EDIT: Just to be clear, the only theories I'm calling purposefully ****** are mine.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:55 PM   #38
ChosenOne
Banned

Was it ever implied that Metalhead knows a secret? Or did we conflate those two things? Don't forget, it's gotta be something iconic and visually impactful enough that the cover is being kept secret... That's why I'm going with something that harkens back to the early days.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:58 PM   #39
Igglet

I think it might be a variant cover drawn by Kevin Eastman showing Mirage Shadow.

Also, I just realized that you're right. I was 100% sure Tom mentioned that Metalhead was the one who reveals this but you just opened my eyes, that's a real curveball.
Old 07-01-2019, 05:59 PM   #40
ChosenOne
Banned

If IDW Shadow is born at this point, she'll never be 100% normal. Maybe there's a point to the whole Bishop origin story and his alliance with Metalhead that we didn't see coming? Hmm...