The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Old 09-03-2019, 09:19 PM   #1
Maelxich
Thug

Will they ever release a Blu-ray collection

it seems it’s stuck with just digital copies if you want hd and I prefer digital as back up not as the only option
Maelxich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 11:25 AM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

If you believe, it will happen.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 03:47 PM   #3
IMJ
Emperor

If they released a full series Blu Ray of the 2012 show, I'd be all in. But if there were any problems with it, or if they did the kind of weird episode allocation we saw on the F.W. series, I'd stay away completely.

No reason, room, or tolerance for Hollywood B.S. anymore at all whatsoever.

Last edited by IMJ; 09-13-2019 at 09:56 AM.
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 03:13 PM   #4
The-Shredder
Hench Mutant

Nickelodeon has released Blu-ray sets for the Avatar series despite The Last Airbender being mastered in 2D. The 2012 cartoon is popular among fans and Ciro Nieli has shown interest in keeping this version alive in the future. I think a Blu-ray release is possible, but I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.
The-Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 03:21 PM   #5
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I understand people want a hard copy of the HD versions on disc. Maybe it will happen.

But in the meantime, if you are okay with digital, you can actually get the complete series pretty cheap.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...Bundle-/953502
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 02:44 AM   #6
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

DVD and Bluray

If it ever will happen, it must happen during the upcoming years. For every year passing, DVD and Bluray are already becoming history.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 10:01 AM   #7
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
I understand people want a hard copy of the HD versions on disc. Maybe it will happen.

But in the meantime, if you are okay with digital, you can actually get the complete series pretty cheap.

https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...Bundle-/953502
I have a 6 tb media server at my place that holds music, movies, T.V., etc. I like digital, but all of that material is on a platter that I own, can transfer from and back up.

If you "own" something digital yet you have to access it remotely from a stream, or can't copy and transfer it to back it up, then you don't own it.

There will be a day when these companies literally take away or shut down something you've bought, or otherwise forfeit your ability to use it. As a point of convo, I don't think many millenials understand this.
Old 09-13-2019, 11:54 AM   #8
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMJ View Post
I have a 6 tb media server at my place that holds music, movies, T.V., etc. I like digital, but all of that material is on a platter that I own, can transfer from and back up.

If you "own" something digital yet you have to access it remotely from a stream, or can't copy and transfer it to back it up, then you don't own it.

There will be a day when these companies literally take away or shut down something you've bought, or otherwise forfeit your ability to use it. As a point of convo, I don't think many millenials understand this.
Which is why I still buy DVD's. I rather have something tangible, of which I know won't ever go off line.

If they DO issue a full Blue Ray boxset, I hope they include the test footage, since a lot of the times that differs from what ends up in the episode.
Old 09-13-2019, 01:11 PM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
If it ever will happen, it must happen during the upcoming years. For every year passing, DVD and Bluray are already becoming history.
Also, stores that used to carry mostly blu-rays and only SOME DVDs now ONLY carry DVDs.

It's like (largely) the younger generation that bought blu-rays switched to digital only... which leaves only the older generation with their DVD players and distrust of blu-rays ("It's a scam! It looks the same as DVD!" etc.).
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 05:36 PM   #10
IMJ
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Also, stores that used to carry mostly blu-rays and only SOME DVDs now ONLY carry DVDs.

It's like (largely) the younger generation that bought blu-rays switched to digital only... which leaves only the older generation with their DVD players and distrust of blu-rays ("It's a scam! It looks the same as DVD!" etc.).
I hate that mentality too. I'm an A/V nerd - I calibrate all of my sets with software, photometers, furniture distance measurement, all of that. I've got the THX blue filter glasses for color calibration. It's a hobby.

I love a little soap opera effect, but then I got my Sony 4k and there processing software is second to none. With the right settings you'd swear you were watching film projection as it was always meant to be.

But all of that is going the way of the dodo because until the entire country has super gigabyte bandwidth, we aren't going to get the anything that looks as good as disc based media.
Old 09-15-2019, 04:02 AM   #11
Overlord

Has Season 5 of the Nickelodeon Cartoon still not been released to DVD in Region 2, or what? I've no personal interest in buying them, but I just would like to know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenag...es)#Home_media
Old 09-15-2019, 08:56 AM   #12
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Has Season 5 of the Nickelodeon Cartoon still not been released to DVD in Region 2, or what? I've no personal interest in buying them, but I just would like to know.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenag...es)#Home_media
Yes, season five has been for sale on DVD region 2, I already own all four separate parts and I've seen the DVD box set in the shops.
Old 09-19-2019, 06:45 AM   #13
Chris
Mad Scientist

Sadly at this point I think that ship has sailed.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 05:13 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

The ship hasn't reached the port yet. As long as there is a will, there is a way.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 08:40 PM   #15
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Well, they need to scan the original films of each episode first, I'm not sure they still have those. That's a huge amount of work, they probably don't think they can make a profit out of it.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 05:56 PM   #16
Chris
Mad Scientist

Do they? The episodes have already been released digitally in HD so I’d assume they have everything they need to release them on Blu-Ray. The only reason I think it likely won’t happen now is because of time. Every year takes us further from the series and digital/streaming grows in popularity over physical media.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:51 PM   #17
frank_one
Mad Scientist

Oh, wait, you are talking about the nickelodeon series here. I was thinking about the Fred Wolf series, sorry.
frank_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 01:37 PM   #18
Overlord

Language

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Saiyaman View Post
Yes, season five has been for sale on DVD region 2, I already own all four separate parts and I've seen the DVD box set in the shops.
In which language?
Old 09-23-2019, 07:23 PM   #19
turtle1237
Stone Warrior

I am in American, and the series did get a dvd release, but you have to track them down in vols lol. But yeah there all there. Rise of the Turtles, Enter the Shredder, ete. I need a check list just for the order of the show lol.
turtle1237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 03:39 AM   #20
The Great Saiyaman
Stone Warrior

Quote:
In which language?
The boxsets I found were in English, German, Dutch, French and Spanish.