The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Rise of the TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 09-21-2019, 06:25 PM   #1
neatoman
Emperor

The show is being moved to Nicktoons (that is not a good thing by the way)

https://twitter.com/DailyNickNews/st...89639144181761

In case you don't know, when Nickelodeon moves a show to Nicktoons they're basically saying "This show isn't profitable enough for our dying network, let's dump the rest of the episodes on our even faster sinking sub-network". Essentially, it's a quiet cancellation.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 06:53 PM   #2
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

'Rise' or not, that's a shame. The same old annoyance 2012 had after a while... they can schedule a big block of Spongebob reruns across that time frame, but god forbid the Turtles get to show a new ep just once on the regular channel.

Long hiatuses, nearly nonexistent from the reg channel, episodes that allow for feeling entirely indifferent about the series and lack of getting hooked on it... If it bombs they just better realize it was them, not the Turtles as a property.

Well, unless they scrap it, maybe it can have a better second season and save itself, but not holding my breath.

edit: If it bombs and ends after two seasons (or less at this point?), I know I'm jumping the gun, but with the Viacom/CBS merger, it would be nice to someday get something more the caliber of 2003 airing on CBS and just get the TMNT off of Nick and out of the aim of them wanting to make the Turtles for little kids.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 07:43 PM   #3
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Gee Nick finally realized this show was not good so they are quietly dumping it.
Old 09-21-2019, 08:59 PM   #4
CyberCubed
Overlord

I really hope the 2012 series comes back, at least with a movie or special or something. Ciro sent several pitches to Nick, I really hope they get to revisit it.

As for Rise, it was an interesting experiment, but if its over, well that's it. I think it does give Nick a inkling though that you can't revamp/change the TMNT franchise too much to make it something completely different and expect fans, or even new little kids, to get interested.

I haven't watched Rise in awhile but I'll probably watch it all when it ends, but even then it is what it is.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 09:19 PM   #5
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

Is it being replaced with more spongebob?.....welp first OK K.O. gets canceled and now this. And I don't even like Rise. But it deserves better than to be dumped into Nicktoons to die.

EDIT: Wait isn't Rise getting a movie? So this can't be the end yet.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!

Last edited by Dejablue; 09-21-2019 at 09:32 PM.
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 10:54 PM   #6
Damo
Random Punk

Is there a better source than that? Don't get me wrong, I've never known NickAlive to be wrong, but it's still not an official statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejablue View Post
Is it being replaced with more spongebob?.....welp first OK K.O. gets canceled and now this. And I don't even like Rise. But it deserves better than to be dumped into Nicktoons to die.

EDIT: Wait isn't Rise getting a movie? So this can't be the end yet.

My understanding (if I'm wrong, someone please correct me) is that the movie was greenlit waaay early in the show's life, and Netflix was snapping up lots of movie deals - we've already gotten Invader Zim and Rocko's Modern Life movies. They most likely said "and we'll do a movie of whatever the current TMNT is too."
Damo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 11:22 PM   #7
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Eh, the Netflix thing was mentioned in February, and this article was just a few weeks ago.

Chances are they go ahead with the Netflix and season 2 (as they may well both already be in production anyhow?), but if it goes beyond that is anyone's guess, I suppose.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:13 AM   #8
Damo
Random Punk

Well, Nicktoons is airing reruns in October... https://www.tvpassport.com/tv-listin...445/2019-10-05

But over on regular Nickleodeon it looks like new episodes are appearing again at the usual time somewhere in October.
https://www.tvpassport.com/tv-listin...658/2019-10-05

It could easily be that reports of the show's death are an exaggeration. I'm not a fan, but I think people are being quick to jump to conclusions here.
Old 09-22-2019, 01:43 AM   #9
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I've always said, I don't think "Rise" was ever intended to be the "New TMNTâ„¢." Just a cheap, experimental thing they'd run as a transitional thing in between the 2012 version and whatever the next "big" (real?) version will be.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 01:54 AM   #10
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

To be a succes i must kill people in evry episode and have a lot of blood and also i must be fighting the turtles in most episodes like in the 1987 series . It must be about me and my war on the turtles and Splinter like all the other versions are no the turtles fighting mutants . Now that iam returning on Rise the show will be saved because i wil teach the turtles aleson that they wil never forget!!!! The only good thing about rise is that April wears glasses. At least in IDW aim getting my revenge now!
Old 09-22-2019, 09:12 AM   #11
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Rise doesn't seem to be doing well because its strictly aimed at a younger audience. TMNT as a whole is a franchise that's for all ages. So by creating this series. They have alienating the fans which is the reason why the show isn't catching on.

And the problem is Nickelodeon. They are a Network that caters to Kids and only Kids. They do not want older people watching on there Network. Which is why they made this new TMNT show. To only cater to there demographic.

My Tivo has recorded all the episodes from Rise. But I haven't brought myself to watching them. Maybe I'm just not feeling it or something.

TMNT 2K12 worked because it was a show for all ages. Both young and older fans loved it. Me included.

Its unfortunate that Nickelodeon is moving this show to NickToons. Not many people have this channel on there current cable tv package. It would cost extra.

When Nickelodeon moved the final episodes of TMNT 2K12 to NickToons. I had to temporarily subscribed to Sling.com to watch them. And it became quite an expensive thing. I had to pay more just to watch this one channel for those weeks. It wasn't worth it.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:05 AM   #12
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Okay, so maybe someone only recently noticed the repeats on Nicktoons and just got confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Its unfortunate that Nickelodeon is moving this show to NickToons. Not many people have this channel on there current cable tv package. It would cost extra.

When Nickelodeon moved the final episodes of TMNT 2K12 to NickToons. I had to temporarily subscribed to Sling.com to watch them. And it became quite an expensive thing. I had to pay more just to watch this one channel for those weeks. It wasn't worth it.
Leaving people where really? With the best option being those online sources that shall not be named? So Nick and the cable companies shoot themselves in the foot by even breaking up their cable packages and shows on different channels so they limit the viewership.

I miss when the regular Nick channel was more of a mix, including those shows that were still watchable by adults. They went the way Disney Channel was going in tone and just went downhill from there. Only cartoon (excluding preschool stuff early in the day) that really seems to be allowed to stay on Nick, and hog up quite a lot of airtime, is their golden child sponge. God forbid anyone prefer the cartoons they make but not have Nicktoons on their otherwise preferred cable package.

With cable starting to lose its footing a bit to other options (such as Sling, etc) you would THINK they would wise up and start offering customers a menu to just pick and choose the channels they want.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:51 AM   #13
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Okay, so maybe someone only recently noticed the repeats on Nicktoons and just got confused.

Leaving people where really? With the best option being those online sources that shall not be named? So Nick and the cable companies shoot themselves in the foot by even breaking up their cable packages and shows on different channels so they limit the viewership.

I miss when the regular Nick channel was more of a mix, including those shows that were still watchable by adults. They went the way Disney Channel was going in tone and just went downhill from there. Only cartoon (excluding preschool stuff early in the day) that really seems to be allowed to stay on Nick, and hog up quite a lot of airtime, is their golden child sponge. God forbid anyone prefer the cartoons they make but not have Nicktoons on their otherwise preferred cable package.

With cable starting to lose its footing a bit to other options (such as Sling, etc) you would THINK they would wise up and start offering customers a menu to just pick and choose the channels they want.
Unfortunately for services like Sling. Nicktoon is part of a package that comes with other channels you don't need. They don't have the option to just pay for one specific channel. When Nickelodeon moved those TMNT 2k12 episodes to NickToons. I had to pay 44.49 because it was combining the Sling Orange package with the Kids Extra package. And you would have to pay that every month. It wouldn't accept my prepaid credit card. so I had to use those Sling Giftcards to pay for it.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:39 PM   #14
Damo
Random Punk

Okay but we've literally only got confirmation about reruns being on Nicktoons until October, and in October new eps air on regular Nick.

It certainly could be that this is the first step to fully Nicktooning it, or they're just putting reruns on it for a bit, or who knows? It's a bit early to make assumptions.
Old 09-22-2019, 12:51 PM   #15
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

As I've already said, this series is the Next Mutation of the late 2010's.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 01:25 PM   #16
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

I don't know why it's only coming up now though, since reruns have been on Nicktoons for much of the show's first year anyhow. It doesn't seem to have a consistent listing, but I've often run across it on there on some weekday mornings.

Quote:
Unfortunately for services like Sling. Nicktoon is part of a package that comes with other channels you don't need. They don't have the option to just pay for one specific channel. When Nickelodeon moved those TMNT 2k12 episodes to NickToons. I had to pay 44.49 because it was combining the Sling Orange package with the Kids Extra package. And you would have to pay that every month. It wouldn't accept my prepaid credit card. so I had to use those Sling Giftcards to pay for it.
Ouch. I thought options like Sling might offer a better deal and considered looking into it in the past, but never mind. No way is that worth it for 11 minutes of an ep that likely contains nothing important to the series that needs to be seen.
Old 09-22-2019, 11:12 PM   #17
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
And the problem is Nickelodeon. They are a Network that caters to Kids and only Kids. They do not want older people watching on there Network.
I'm guessing you never heard of Nick at Nite?
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 07:04 AM   #18
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

I don't know enough about "Nicktoons" to know if what the OP is saying is hyperbole or a certainty, but others seem to be agreeing so, if that really is the case, I'm not sad to see it go. Better now than later... so they can get started on something more pleasing.

They had their little experiment... maybe they can learn what worked and didn't work from it and go in a direction more people will enjoy next time.

Nick should have proved to themselves with 2k12 that you can appeal to established fans and recruit new ones all in one show. You don't have to go full kiddie to get the job done.

I'm not yet worried about the future of TMNT. But after the disappointment of Rise, and two live action movies that both had mediocre performance and reception... the franchise can only take so many failures before Nick just gives it a rest (do nothing with it outside of comics and a few merch items to let the brand cool off), or decides to sell it some some other entity.

Last edited by Zulithe; 09-23-2019 at 07:10 AM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 08:33 AM   #19
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

When i come to earth and become leader of foot clan evrything will be as you know it. I already have my foot nija army preparing thanks to my servants thenbaxter stockman will create a formula that will make it an adult i will find bebop rocksteady and some other new mutant henchmen then krang will come and become my ally and we will be fighting the turtles in most episodes . That what needs to happens for it to become succesful. canceling it only to start another one is not necessary. just make some big changes to it and it will be ok.
Old 09-23-2019, 01:14 PM   #20
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xav View Post
I'm guessing you never heard of Nick at Nite?
They've also got their "NickRewind" (formerly called "The Splat" -- so that's where that went), that airs on TeenNick (is this a channel even commonly had by people though?), but in the same vein as them having Nick Jr for so long, I've always thought they need a dedicated Nick Sr channel for all these old shows and new content for older teens and adults.

Though at this point I think I'm voting for a next TMNT to be aired on the merged CBS instead of burying it on some upper Nick channel people less commonly have.