The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 06-04-2019, 02:05 PM   #21
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

That the Playstation 3 came out in 2006, 13 years ago.

At the time, the console ansolutely blew me away.

Having a wireless controller, being able to play blu-rays and dvds, the graphics of games like Uncharted, all just made it look like the perfect system.

And I guess that for me, it is perfect in a way because I still have mine to this day and regularly play it, not being the least bit bored.

Honestly, the sole reason why I haven't bought something like a ps4 or a switch yet, is because I am so devoted to the ps3, that the new console will be left collecting dust.
What they could do without being held back is my question.
Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building.
I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.
Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 06:21 AM   #22
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
That the Playstation 3 came out in 2006, 13 years ago.

At the time, the console ansolutely blew me away.

Having a wireless controller, being able to play blu-rays and dvds, the graphics of games like Uncharted, all just made it look like the perfect system.

And I guess that for me, it is perfect in a way because I still have mine to this day and regularly play it, not being the least bit bored.

Honestly, the sole reason why I haven't bought something like a ps4 or a switch yet, is because I am so devoted to the ps3, that the new console will be left collecting dust.
And so did the Wii. I believe the 360 came out a year before both?

The PS3 at launch was prohibitively expensive for a lot of people and Sony got A LOT of flack for it. And there also used to be a "PS3 has no games" meme. I guess eventually it must have gotten a price cut. I remember very few people I knew irl getting one before 2008-2009. But tbh, the PS2 was still going strong at the time, unlike the GameCube or the original Xbox which had already been discontinued. The PS2 did not get discontinued until like 2012, if I recall?

The Wii was VERY STRONG in its first couple of years. Then its sales slew down and PS3's began picking up steam.

You mention the PS3, which was indeed very powerful, but the 360 also was the first console to do online gaming right, which made it an innovating machine on that area. The 360 honestly seems like one of the best systems ever. My brother has or had one and he loved it. I feel like the original Xbox and the Xbone are ignored outside of USA, but the 360 had some international success.

You mentioned the PS4. That's a console that still seems rather new to me, but I'll be damned, it's from 2013 already which was 6 years ago already.

Tbh, 2005-2007 being over a decade ago already doesn't phase me so much. It's more how 2010-2013 being 6 to 9 years ago already blows my mind. I turned 20 in 2010, so it's not like I changed much as a person throughout this decade like I did throughout the previous one. So the passage of time in the last 6 to 9 years has been kinda mindblowing for me. It doesn't feel like nearly a decade has passed since 2010. More like 5 years. And Since 2013 I feel like only a couple of years have passed.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote