The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-16-2017, 12:28 PM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Krang taking over Shredder's body in Archie

In the Archieverse, Krang once took over Shredder's body. I always wondered how that worked? Like what happened to Shredder's head when Krang was there it should be until the turtles loosened Krang from Shredder and then everything was as usual again.

I understand it may have with censoring to do. If it had been like Mirage, Krang would probably just kill Shredder for good, cut his head off and use his body. But instead, we got this without explaination.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 12:50 PM   #2
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
In the Archieverse, Krang once took over Shredder's body. I always wondered how that worked? Like what happened to Shredder's head when Krang was there it should be until the turtles loosened Krang from Shredder and then everything was as usual again.

I understand it may have with censoring to do. If it had been like Mirage, Krang would probably just kill Shredder for good, cut his head off and use his body. But instead, we got this without explaination.
Mirage wouldn't have done it at all, because Krang wasn't a character in their continuity and they didn't seem like they wanted him either.

Anyway, I'd imagine Krang was somehow wrapped around his head. Like he had a hollow space inside, like a headcrab from Half-Life.

Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 01:17 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

He was just on his head and possessed his body. After the arc ends they show Shredder throw him off.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 01:24 PM   #4
oldmanwinters
Overlord

It is mighty weird, I'll confess. Maybe the action figure's inclusion of an air hole on his underbelly wasn't just for show?

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 01:26 PM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well keep in mind this is Archie Krang and not Fred Wolf Krang, so Archie Krang could theoretically have some mind possessing powers that the original cartoon one didn't.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:28 PM   #6
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

It's weird because Krang takes Slash's sai (I think? some kind of dagger as I recall), hovers over an unconscious Saki on an operating table and talks about needing to "prune" some things. The implication was that he was going to cut off Saki's head and replace it with himself... but then yeah, later on he just pops off of Saki's head like Saki was just wearing Krang like a helmet the whole time.

Very strange. I kind of wish they'd have left the implication intact, and just kept Krang on Saki's body... though then we wouldn't have gotten a remorseful Saki, indebted to the Turtles, which was interesting, too and unique.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 01:35 PM   #7
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Very strange. I kind of wish they'd have left the implication intact, and just kept Krang on Saki's body... though then we wouldn't have gotten a remorseful Saki, indebted to the Turtles, which was interesting, too and unique.
It was definitely one of Shredder's greatest moments in the book, and was probably the first time I ever felt sympathetic toward him. Even more surprising was the fact that he agreed to honor his vow when the turtles called him on it in issue #36. Fred Wolf Shredder would have never been true to his word to such a degree. But after that... Saki clearly wasn't playing favors or making pacts anymore.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:07 PM   #8
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
Mirage wouldn't have done it at all, because Krang wasn't a character in their continuity and they didn't seem like they wanted him either.
I know Krang isn't in Mirage, I mean if Archie had been like Mirage in tone.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 07:36 PM   #9
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
It was definitely one of Shredder's greatest moments in the book, and was probably the first time I ever felt sympathetic toward him. Even more surprising was the fact that he agreed to honor his vow when the turtles called him on it in issue #36. Fred Wolf Shredder would have never been true to his word to such a degree. But after that... Saki clearly wasn't playing favors or making pacts anymore.
*AHEM*
Old 02-20-2017, 08:34 PM   #10
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

You're all wrong. Bellybomb wanted to borrow Slash's blade, but Krang says "it isn't so much that I need to prune, as re-shape and cast anew... like so!!!" He doesn't just pop off, Raphael pries him off. Shredder says "no longer must I ensure his flesh within my mind." Krang, being made of brain tissue, was able to penetrate and control Shredder's brain, and Shredder, though semi-conscious, couldn't do anything about it.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 03:05 PM   #11
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I think what the OP meant was where was Shredder's head the whole time? He wasn't exactly wearing Krang like a hat or anything, Krang fully covered where Shredder's head would be.

So.... did Krang basically shove Shredder's head up his ass or something? That's the kinda disturbing implications behind all this. It's like Krang... somehow has this opening for Shredder's head to fit... and is also able to rearrange his internal organs, assuming he has any, again to make room for Shredder's head to fit.

I feel horribly sorry for Shredder regardless. Yeah, he's evil, but he wasn't exactly a mass murderer in the Archie comics.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:25 PM   #12
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Not to mention the fact that Krang still wouldn't be big enough, unless his insides follow Non-Euclidian geometry
Old 02-26-2017, 04:32 PM   #13
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
It's like Krang... somehow has this opening for Shredder's head to fit... and is also able to rearrange his internal organs, assuming he has any, again to make room for Shredder's head to fit.
Krang is a squishy brain, he simply wrapped his body around Shredder's head.
Old 02-26-2017, 04:43 PM   #14
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Krang is a squishy brain, he simply wrapped his body around Shredder's head.
He still needs enough space to 'wrap his body around Shredder's head'. Krang looked exactly the same when he was controlling Shredder, he didn't look squished, bloated or stretched out or anything. For all intents and purposes, it flat out looked like they removed Shredder's head and sat Krang onto his torso, but Shredder was inside Krang the whole time... so I guess he somehow shifted his insides to make room to occupy an entire human head....

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 04:53 PM   #15
ToTheNines
[sic]

It went up his cloaca.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 01:57 AM   #16
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
You're all wrong. Bellybomb wanted to borrow Slash's blade, but Krang says "it isn't so much that I need to prune, as re-shape and cast anew... like so!!!" He doesn't just pop off, Raphael pries him off. Shredder says "no longer must I ensure his flesh within my mind." Krang, being made of brain tissue, was able to penetrate and control Shredder's brain, and Shredder, though semi-conscious, couldn't do anything about it.
That sounds right to me.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:05 AM   #17
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
That sounds right to me.
You don't sell off your comic collections unless you have them memorized

Krang wouldn't have internal organs. He is just a brain without a body. This is the thing which is the thing which is fundamental to the character of Krang.
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets

International shipping assistance: DARTHCJJ@GMAIL.COM
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:49 AM   #18
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***First of Two Latin Kings*** View Post
Krang wouldn't have internal organs.
Well... sure he would. He'd have to ingest food or some kind of sustenance to live, so there'd be some kind of gastric system. He wouldn't just be drawing off the molecules in the air. And he certainly has some kind of muscles if he's able to move around and manipulate his tentacles.

Quote:
He is just a brain without a body. This is the thing which is the thing which is fundamental to the character of Krang.
Not really. There appear to be various conflicting origins in the Fred Wolf show, not all of them placing him as a disembodied brain.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:55 AM   #19
ToTheNines
[sic]

Yeah, I thought he was a disembodied head. He just happens to resemble a human brain, not unlike the Utroms. Why else would he have eyes and a mouth?
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:57 AM   #20
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Yeah, I thought he was a disembodied head. He just happens to resemble a human brain, not unlike the Utroms. Why else would he have eyes and a mouth?
Well, I'm not sure if he was ever disembodied. Any talk about, "I miss my body! Make me a body, Saki!" I just take to mean that he used to have a really cool android body and he misses it.

Tags
krang