The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: If one Turtle had to die, who would it be?
Leonardo 9 25.00%
Donatello 6 16.67%
Michelangelo 11 30.56%
Raphael 10 27.78%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2020, 01:07 PM   #1
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

If one Turtle had to die, who would it be?

(and NO, it can't be one of the "extra" Turtles like Slash or Venus or Jennika)

Like let's say a bad guy kidnaps all four Turtles and has his men put a gun to all of their heads. You have to pick one to die, or he'll execute all of them.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 01:13 PM   #2
newfan
Mad Scientist

What? nooo I don't want to choose one!
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 01:14 PM   #3
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfan View Post
What? nooo I don't want to choose one!
Then they all die. You have to choose.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:16 PM   #4
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Then they all die. You have to choose.
Hey you didn't pick one
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 01:18 PM   #5
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Going with Raphael. His anger isn't an asset and makes him unpredictable.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:20 PM   #6
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Going with Raphael. His anger isn't an asset and makes him unpredictable.
That's actually my vote, too. Lose the unreliable hothead, it should impact the team less than any of the other three.
Old 03-05-2020, 01:43 PM   #7
FredWolfLeonardo
Big Blue Boy Scout

I would pick Leonardo because his death would be the most impactful on the dynamic of the team, and we would get some interesting stories in the aftermath.

Shredder could've done more than blow up the Channel Six building. I don't mean as far as murdering Splinter, but think of the possibilities if censors were not an issue.

Shredder and Krang combined had the biggest arsenal of any villains in all of the cartoons.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 02:00 PM   #8
IMJ
Emperor

According to IDW it should be Donatello!
IMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 02:32 PM   #9
Dejablue
Stone Warrior

They all die and I replace them with the Battle Toads. Plus Gex.

But to take this question seriously....thats tough. Donatello is too useful. Mikey is more useful than Raphael (i guess) because he isn't perma-mad. Leo is the leader...sssoooo. Dang I guess Raph is the weakest link.

But FWL brings up a good point that Leo dying could have an interesting effect on the other three. Perhaps Raphael would get his **** together if Leo died.

^^^^
SHELLHEADS Inc.- A TMNT Discord!
Dejablue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 07:22 PM   #10
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Leo would naturally choose to sacrifice himself, tell the thugs they can do whatever they want with him but let his brothers go.

Raph would act out of anger and that could put his life at risk.

Donnie would try to reach the thugs diplomatically.

While Mikey would try to appeal to their humanity.
Old 03-05-2020, 07:53 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

In most universes isn't Raph the first to die?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 02:38 PM   #12
neatoman
Emperor

Oh that's easy, I'll pick Jenn...

Quote:
(and NO, it can't be one of the "extra" Turtles like Slash or Venus or Jennika)
... ****....

Well, I guess you're right to do that. Slash was killed off by both Waltz and Murphy, it almost seems like he exists for the sole purpose of getting killed off. And I suspect Jennika might not exactly get killed off but it seems likely she'll get written out somehow.

If I have to pick one of the "proper" ones...

... I guess killing Mike might work for dramatic purposes, he's kind of the emotional center.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:42 PM   #13
pferreira
Foot Elite

Only picked Leo because I'm interested to see a storyline where they don't have a leader and need to work together as a group without him. Otherwise I wouldn't drop any of them.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 06:40 PM   #14
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Plot twist- one of the turles dies, but then during the aftermath one of the 'extras', Slash, Jennika or whoever steps up and becomes the 4th permanent turtle and stays with the team til that series ends.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:06 AM   #15
snake
Disgusting

Raph. Despite his popularity for being "da angry wun", his stories are almost always sh*t tier in any incarnation. No one ever seems to know what to do with him besides make him the black sheep of the family.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 01:41 AM   #16
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

They're all important to the team, and without one of them the dynamic sort of falls apart.

I suppose Mikey is kind of the most expendable, though? Donnie is the brains, Raph is the muscle, Leo is the cohesion between the rest of them. Mikey is flashy and fun, but. . . kind of a screw up? At least, that's how he's typically portrayed in a lot of the animation I've seen him in.
Old 03-16-2020, 12:52 AM   #17
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
Mikey is flashy and fun, but. . . kind of a screw up? At least, that's how he's typically portrayed in a lot of the animation I've seen him in.
Outside Mirage. When is he not a screw up?

I'm going to go by universe.

Classic 90's cartoon:

Either Raphael or Michelangelo. Leonardo and especially Donatello seem way to important than Michelangelo and Raphael who often seem like they are just making up the numbers. Maybe Raphael is slightly more useful than Michelangelo because things a bit more seriously than him and Michelangelo seems to be a weaker fighter in this version than the other turtles.

2k3 cartoon:

Mikey. You often get the impression that missions would go on without a hitch and even more smoothly if Mikey stayed home or something. I'm not kidding, he seems to cause more issues than Raphael's immature anger issues and occasional insubordination. Plus sometimes you get the impression that Mikey could fall off a bridge and the others would fail to notice except that it been too quite for a long time.

2012 cartoon:

I really say I didn't get to watch this as much as I wanted after season 2. It seems unfair to say Mikey again, but I think this version was equal parts screw up and capable of getting down to business.

current cartoon:

I don't watch it...

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:52 AM   #18
AquaParade
Banned

For story reasons? It would depend on what has been established and where the story is going.

From scratch? I'd be inclined to go with Leo, because of the "leader" vacuum it could potentially open up being a fun potential story or character element.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 02:31 PM   #19
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
I said Raph, for much the same reasons as others gave. Mikey, for all his apparent "screw-ups", is still more than capable in any universe of getting down to business when he needs to, and he couples Raph's unpredictability with a cooler head and more raw talent, so he's more of an asset than Raph even when he's goofing off. And as SAINW showed, he's got untapped potential in spades.

Leo might be a second choice, simply because it might make for a dramatic turn of events, and motivation for the others to work even harder to get free/avenge him. And the change in dynamic would be interesting, as others pointed out.

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:26 PM   #20
victory_angel
Foot Elite

Donnie tends to suffer the most of the four in the various incarnations. He's been nearly killed off on at least a few occasions in the mirage. Shrunk to the point where he's six inches tall.

Brutally shot, falls out of a helicopter, and becomes a cyborg in the image comics.

He is held down and has his shell smashed in by Bebop and Rocksteady and when his friends and family do find him he's basically dead. In the IDW The Fugitoid is able to detect some traces of life and that was able to download his consciousness into Metalhead until a new metal shell could be grafted onto his body. Even then he never fully recovers from this event.

In the OT he's nearly eaten alive by a mutant plant, tried to escape to get help when Leonardo and Splinter are abducted by mobsters only to nearly get crushed by building facade falling on him. There are probably other instances but the OT was largely slapstick, so other than maybe abductions here and there and the turtle's mutations becoming unstable I can't name much in that series.

The 4 Kids version again, various abductions some of which were unintended. Being tortured by the Triceratons, finding himself in a world where he his Missing and assumed dead. Seeing his brothers killed one after the other before his very eyes. Undergoing a second mutation that turns him into a monster.

The 2012 version he's had so many near-death moments (and one literal death moment) Witnessed people he's personally come to see as friends, family, and teachers mutated, hurt, and killed. It's a wonder he doesn't need therapy by the end of the series.

2018 creates a robot drone that is supposed to be his servant, and then when his brothers reprogram it they first find it amusing to see Donnie have a taste of his own medicine. However, when Sheldon drone tries to literally kill their brother so it could take his place they realize they've gone too far.