The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 02-28-2018, 12:40 PM   #21
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
You've majorly simplified my issue with the "the turtles are guest stars in their own story!" complaint. Especially for this particular storyline. Their world is not the only one at stake here. It's everyone's world. Thereby, there need to be attention on the people who share that world.
that might be fine for a story or two.
but this has been going on for quite an extended amount of time now.

this was a good issue. i just wish this arc would have got to moving sooner.
the previous 3 issues felt like they were mostly build-up, with little to no focus on the title characters.

sure it's everybody's world, but let's not forget who's name is on the title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Oh yay. More of the O'Neil parents.
let's just hope they don't get their own spinoff mini-series.
Old 02-28-2018, 12:50 PM   #22
neatoman
Emperor

Say, did the Triceratons just call themselves genetically superior?
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:02 PM   #23
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Which I've said in the past...is probably going to bite them in the @$$ eventually because they're so genetically identical that they can't breed with each other.

I have realized that Komodo Dragons probably do have a solution for what the Triceratons are facing, wherein a female individual parthenogentically can produce all-male offspring...which can...later breed with their mother...

But the difference is that Komodo Dragons are confined to a little island and the Triceratons will probably plan conquest and make themselves into giant hypocrites because that's one of the reasons they rebelled against the Utrom in the first place. Thereby, they wouldn't have enough genetic variety to protect themselves from being wiped out by particular viruses or diseases - which is what happens when a population doesn't have enough genetic diversity.
Old 02-28-2018, 01:27 PM   #24
neatoman
Emperor

Quote:

I have realized that Komodo Dragons probably do have a solution for what the Triceratons are facing, wherein a female individual parthenogentically can produce all-male offspring...which can...later breed with their mother...
That's... Uhm... I doubt we'll ever see something like that.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 01:35 PM   #25
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
That's... Uhm... I doubt we'll ever see something like that.
let's hope NOT!!!
Old 02-28-2018, 01:47 PM   #26
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It's not the ideal comparison, but it's the basic idea that maybe the Triceratons won't have to rely on cloning technology to continue their species in spite of being genetically identical - probably not something Zom and Zog worried about, unless all the adult Triceratons were sterilized "just in case" the "Komodo Situation" would happen, which I assume the Utrom scientists would have been aware of.

But please, Oh Mighty Curnow! Let there be another solution instead of that awkwardness!
Old 02-28-2018, 02:02 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

I guess April's father also re-connecting with TCRI probably means he's going to have a bigger role in the future with Baxter. As long as he doesn't turn into a mutant bat ala Kirby-bat (even though his name is John in this series, lol), I'll be fine with him working with Baxter in his lab.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 02:41 PM   #28
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
It's not the ideal comparison, but it's the basic idea that maybe the Triceratons won't have to rely on cloning technology to continue their species in spite of being genetically identical - probably not something Zom and Zog worried about, unless all the adult Triceratons were sterilized "just in case" the "Komodo Situation" would happen, which I assume the Utrom scientists would have been aware of.

But please, Oh Mighty Curnow! Let there be another solution instead of that awkwardness!
You SERIOUSLY, for the love of the deceased Tang Shen, need to stop reading so deeply into this stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I guess April's father also re-connecting with TCRI probably means he's going to have a bigger role in the future with Baxter. As long as he doesn't turn into a mutant bat ala Kirby-bat (even though his name is John in this series, lol), I'll be fine with him working with Baxter in his lab.
I'm hoping to see my personal theory that Stockman somehow deliberately caused O'Neil's stroke come to light!
Old 02-28-2018, 03:07 PM   #29
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Would that I could...would that I could...
I resign myself to my rightful place in the pecking order. "Resident Overthinker of Inconsequential Biology"...in fact, I might make that my custom tag if it weren't too long.

Also, I am totally going to back the theory that Stockman caused the stroke...it could check out.
Old 02-28-2018, 03:11 PM   #30
ChosenOne
Banned

I'm gonna say that Stockman caused the stroke but it wasn't meant as a stroke, that was just a side effect of whatever crap he pulled on John. Stockman needs to jump back into the villainy spotlight at some point, right? What better reason than a reveal to that effect?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:22 PM   #31
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

It just becomes a question of "why" he'd do that. He wasn't up to "too much" bad stuff, at least not in terms of Technodrome Undermining.

The only thing I can think of was John was about to report Baxter for something drastic, and there had to be a "clean" way to keep him from doing so. Such as forcing a stroke...somehow?

Something like a sneakier, bloodless "Lt. Col. Hughs Killing" in FMA...and no heartbreak from fans.

What could Baxter Stockman have possibly been doing all those years ago, before he even had an inkling of Krang's true ambitions, that could have caused him to feel threatened by John O'Neil finding out about it?
Old 02-28-2018, 03:29 PM   #32
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
I'm gonna say that Stockman caused the stroke but it wasn't meant as a stroke, that was just a side effect of whatever crap he pulled on John. Stockman needs to jump back into the villainy spotlight at some point, right? What better reason than a reveal to that effect?
Quote:
It just becomes a question of "why" he'd do that. He wasn't up to "too much" bad stuff, at least not in terms of Technodrome Undermining.

The only thing I can think of was John was about to report Baxter for something drastic, and there had to be a "clean" way to keep him from doing so. Such as forcing a stroke...somehow?

Something like a sneakier, bloodless "Lt. Col. Hughs Killing" in FMA...and no heartbreak from fans.

What could Baxter Stockman have possibly been doing all those years ago, before he even had an inkling of Krang's true ambitions, that could have caused him to feel threatened by John O'Neil finding out about it?
We have NO IDEA how long ago it actually happened. It could have only been a year or two before Issue #1. Maybe John O'Neil saw all the creepy rock soldiers, the green ooze, Old Hob, psychotropic injections for rats...

Stockman has PLENTY of skeletons in his closet. The man practically has the entire tribal graveyard from Poltergeist lurking back there with his oxfords, yellow ties, and Rolex wristwatches...
Old 02-28-2018, 03:30 PM   #33
ChosenOne
Banned

Well, we know Krang came to Stockman, not the other way around. Am I recalling it right? So he must've had some sort of expertise or reputation already built up that would cause an interdimensional warlord to seek his help. Not something that would be possible IRL, of course, but in fiction that's usually only achieved through very unsavory means.
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 03:45 PM   #34
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Looking at the Northampton arch, the stroke happened when April was a high school Junior.

This is when it was discussed (put under spoilers because the image ended up being larger than expected)
Spoiler:

So...yeah, I'm going to say John discovered something sketchy that he was going to attempt to bring to a higher authority, but Stockman had something up his sleeve to stop him without it being obvious.

"Something was bugging him about the project"
Old 02-28-2018, 04:45 PM   #35
myconius
Abby Normal

i'd always believed April's dad's exit from StockGen was possibly due to some underhandedness.

on another subject, it does feel more and more likely that Splinter might be under some influence of The Rat King.
he's going way too far to demean his sons.
unless he's been corrupted by power.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:05 PM   #36
CyberCubed
Overlord

I like the female Elite Guard in the last page. Do you think she will be important or just another face-less Foot soldier. I don't think we've ever had a female Elite guard before.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:55 PM   #37
ProphetofGanja
Dub Professor

Quote:
"Resident Overthinker of Inconsequential Biology"

That's at the least good enough to go in your signature
ProphetofGanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 05:57 PM   #38
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Haha, I was considering doing that...and I think I will.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:47 PM   #39
Mutant Ninja Anole
Stone Warrior

Wow! This definitely reminded me of the City at War arc from Mirage, total chaos, brutal consequences, while still probably being PG-13 actually...not bad. We even have the Foot Elite here.

How Splinter vs Turtles comes down is going to be interesting. It was interesting that Jennika actually got to be the ‘good guy’ here, with Mikey applying therapy lessons from a ghostbusters crossover no less (hey, does this mean all crossovers are now canon?) rather than just having the Turtles fight and overwhelm her. Good choice, since I like Jennika.

I’m still sort of wondering what ultimate plans Splinter might have or if there is another ‘shoe to drop.’ Is Splinter going to have a grand heel realization or is there some other angle he knows about but hasn’t spoken of? I sort of wondered if part of his deal would be to ultimately free Slash and/or secure the safety of the Turtles and other mutants in New York.
Old 02-28-2018, 06:58 PM   #40
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
i'd always believed April's dad's exit from StockGen was possibly due to some underhandedness.
Same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I like the female Elite Guard in the last page. Do you think she will be important or just another face-less Foot soldier. I don't think we've ever had a female Elite guard before.
Her name is Pimiko until Bobby and Tom crush my dreams by saying otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant Ninja Anole View Post
How Splinter vs Turtles comes down is going to be interesting. It was interesting that Jennika actually got to be the ‘good guy’ here, with Mikey applying therapy lessons from a ghostbusters crossover no less (hey, does this mean all crossovers are now canon?) rather than just having the Turtles fight and overwhelm her. Good choice, since I like Jennika.

I’m still sort of wondering what ultimate plans Splinter might have or if there is another ‘shoe to drop.’ Is Splinter going to have a grand heel realization or is there some other angle he knows about but hasn’t spoken of? I sort of wondered if part of his deal would be to ultimately free Slash and/or secure the safety of the Turtles and other mutants in New York.
Ghostbusters crossovers are canon AF. Batman crossovers, NOPE.

And yeah... Splinter is making really REALLY terrible choices here. He HAS to know that Bishop already has one mentally-enslaved mutant turtle under his finger... we all know the Man in Black is gunning for a full handful!

Tags
#thestockmanconspiracy, baxterstockmantruther