The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Video Games

Notices

Old 08-08-2013, 11:05 PM   #61
Turo602
The King of Kings

I actually hope Ghirahim makes it in, only because he would translate so well into Smash Bros. I'm actually disappointed that they didn't use Skyward Sword Link for this one.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:39 PM   #62
CyberCubed
Overlord

Apparently Sakurai doesn't care for the Zelda franchise much, hence its poor presentation in Smash.

The fact that Ganondorf is still a clone of Captain Falcon after two games is mind blowing. Toon Link also should have had a unique moveset based on Wind Waker/Minish Cap and instead he's a clone too.

If Ganondorf is STILL a clone in Smash 4, its almost as if Sakurai purposely doesn't give a damn about one of Nintendo's most popular franchises.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:26 AM   #63
Turo602
The King of Kings

I was also hoping for some distinct characters depending on the platform. For example, the 3DS having OoT Link or even ALBW Link and the WiiU having SS Link instead. It would really make both games stand out a little more. And the way they've been treating Luigi is pretty sad... why not just give him moves based around Luigi's Mansion? I never understood what was with the stupid dancing and magic crap he has.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:33 AM   #64
Justin
Thug

I just hope I have fun playing the game and that it is good.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 08:25 AM   #65
Ninjinister
無問題

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I will never understand why everyone wants Walugi as a fighter
You wanted someone else?

Old 08-09-2013, 09:55 AM   #66
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

The online play better be awesome.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #67
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

Yeah, that's a good bring up. Online play was pretty rough last time around. However, in my opinion, the online experiences of the Wii U are vastly improved over that of the Wii, so hopefully that will improve.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:39 AM   #68
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

I can't wait to update the game on day one.

I'll be playing it by day two.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #69
Zachatello00
Ninja Comedian

I remember getting ticked about that with the Wii U itself right out of the box. I live out in the country, so my updates and downloads take longer anyway. But dude, when I took 4 hours to do a system update, on launch day, before I could play it... yeah...

broke out the old school NES and got to work!
Old 08-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #70
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac

I love how people complain about the system taking time to make itself better. It's not like you have to sit there and wait...you could do other things you know..
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #71
Peanut
Second Gear

That's the dumbest f*cking defense I've ever heard for the horrendous update times. Good work.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #72
Ninjinister
無問題

Updates never take more than two minutes for me, dawgs (other than that initial one that was an hour or so). In fact I haven't heard anybody complain about update speed since like... March, I wanna say? I mean the fact that it was that bad to begin with was bulls**t, but it's all good now.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #73
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

Plan on getting both versions. I'm glad they are making the 3DS version have its own vibe with that cellshaded look and all. Hope I can find some people to challenge on the train, I've had a few MK7 matches that way
Zulithe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:34 PM   #74
Peanut
Second Gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjinister View Post
Updates never take more than two minutes for me, dawgs (other than that initial one that was an hour or so). In fact I haven't heard anybody complain about update speed since like... March, I wanna say? I mean the fact that it was that bad to begin with was bulls**t, but it's all good now.
You haven't talk to many people then. Being even a SECOND longer than the time it takes to update and patch on a system released 7 years ago is unacceptable, but the Wii U takes far longer. The wait times I had waiting to play Pikmin 3 and NSLU were a joke.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #75
The Stryker
Stupid Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
I love how people complain about the system taking time to make itself better. It's not like you have to sit there and wait...you could do other things you know..
The 360 updates games in like 2 minutes or less.

And that console came out....forever ago. The Wii U was released last year. There's the problem.

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:37 PM   #76
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master

While inexcusable, they did improve the speed with the Spring update quite a bit. The Summer update is supposed to make it faster still.

And I've read newer Wii U's do ship with Spring firmware to make the process better for late adopters -__-

I still remember getting my Wii U home on launch day and having that long as hell patch... it wasn't just the size of the patch and the slowness of the Wii U hardware, but the servers were also being hammered :/

Sony and MS have their **** more together but I'm sure we'll see day one patches for those too. Don't expect them to be as bad... but we'll see.
Zulithe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:50 PM   #77
Peanut
Second Gear

No, the PS3 has the most abhorrent software. Doing anything on that machine takes eons. I tried to play Mod Nation Racers a year or so ago and I'm not exaggerating in saying it took me over and hour to update it and by the time it was finished I ended up never playing it.

The 360 had its own issues, but updating and patching were an entirely painless experience.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:17 PM   #78
Ninjinister
無問題

So are you legitimately telling me (I'm not being snarky or anything, I'm actually wondering) that I'm in the minority because none of my consoles suck ass at updating?
Old 08-09-2013, 07:46 PM   #79
Peanut
Second Gear

Yes, I am and no one is saying theres a "problem" updating, it's just unacceptably slow. The Wii U and the PS3 update like ****. It's a fact. I've heard a lot of people say the same things you have and nobody says you're lying, you're just incredibly lucky. I also don't think you've gone through the update process of something like ModNation that required at least 5 straight patches and updates, something that simply doesn't happen on the 360. Updating for Pikmin 3 and NSLU required both a console update download and installation, then a game update and installation.

Maybe I'm spoiled by the fact that the 360 updates both hardware and software in seconds, but I also know I'm far from alone in the way I feel. Even if an update takes 10 minutes, like the one for Pikmin 3, that's too long. The precedent set by a console over a half a decade old should be easy to at least come to parity with.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #80
Cure
Y'all need Jesus

Updates would be God tier.

Tags
amiibo, layton is stupid, peanut, rayman a sh*t, who cares about ridley