The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Old 12-29-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
Bakushan
Foot Soldier

Question Wait... the TMNT met the Power Rangers?!?!

Just saw this for the first time. Someone please explain!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Turtles_and_Rangers.jpg (42.2 KB, 38 views)
Bakushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:52 PM   #2
CyberCubed
Overlord

As seen from the picture, its from the terrible Next Mutation days. Since Saban produced Next Mutation and Power Rangers, it was easy to do a crossover.

The episode is actually on the TMNT Next Mutation DVDs.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:56 PM   #3
Eiko
Aussie and Proud

Let us never speak of this again.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:06 PM   #4
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiko View Post
yeah, not their best moment.... Next Mutation is arguably one of their weakest iterations.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:08 PM   #5
Powder
So tired of this place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakushan View Post
Just saw this for the first time. Someone please explain!!!

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:10 PM   #6
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
>he doesn't know about The Next Mutation
Perhaps it is better that way.... I honestly didn't know about it until years after its demise. I almost wish I never watched any of it. It showed up during a otherwise busy time in my life in which I didn't watch much TV. I only want the DVDs from a completionist standpoint.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:12 PM   #7
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
And when we say "casuals" around here, we mean it in a demeaning or derogatory way like they're "beneath us" or to diminish from value.

Casuals.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 05:52 AM   #8
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnatello Turtle Chick View Post
yeah, not their best moment.... Next Mutation is arguably one of their weakest iterations.
In my opinion, it's not one of the weakest iterations, It's the weakest iteration, by far.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:30 AM   #9
rickwj324
Mad Scientist

I didn't see Next Mutation when it aired at all and have been curious about it for years. I finally picked up the dvd's recently and my 4 year old stepson absolutely loves it!!! Obviously as an adult I can say it's a pretty bad show, but let's be honest...it's a show for kids. I don't hate on it and I'm glad I bought them. Now if I could only get the 4KIDS dvd's re-released!!!!!!!!

Rick
rickwj324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:45 AM   #10
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Its best that you leave it at the amusement that they met and not indulge into it further. Its not really the Power Rangers , its the Turbo replacements and an arrogant alien ranger meeting up with the Ninja Turtles brainwashed along with the female turtle. Its not what you think and there is a reason I left Power Rnagers fandom with this episode.Trust me, just ignore it.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:23 AM   #11
Casey
Stone Warrior

Yes. Just stop prodding. It'll only make you feel sick. I really wanted that show to be good. I couldn't make it past the 3rd episode. Of course, I think I was in middle school by then, so I wasn't their target audience. I just kept hoping it was gonna be like the first live action film or at the very least Secret of the Ooze. Also, I never got on board with the rangers. Always resented them for ending the era of turtles.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #12
Bakushan
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
As seen from the picture, its from the terrible Next Mutation days. Since Saban produced Next Mutation and Power Rangers, it was easy to do a crossover.

The episode is actually on the TMNT Next Mutation DVDs.
Thats exactly what I needed to know. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiko View Post
LOL... sounds like a plan to me!!!

Quote:
I see.

Quote:
Hrmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Perhaps it is better that way.... I honestly didn't know about it until years after its demise. I almost wish I never watched any of it. It showed up during a otherwise busy time in my life in which I didn't watch much TV. I only want the DVDs from a completionist standpoint.
I dont think I will take the time to watch any of these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
And when we say "casuals" around here, we mean it in a demeaning or derogatory way like they're "beneath us" or to diminish from value.

Casuals.
That sucks. No-one should be below anyone.

Quote:
And when you say "we" you mean people that love to hate... No need. Pettiness is quite unattractive.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roseangelo View Post
Still, someone who calls himself "The Ultimate TMNT Fan" should have known this.
Lemme clear this up.

To me... and my friends whom know me... I am the Ultimate TMNT Fan. Now then, in the greater world of all TMNT fandom... no... I am not even a blip on the radar. It's fine, I dont mind. Its not a contest.

For me personally, TMNT begins in 1988, and ends around 1993. That's it. Call me casual, call me whatever makes you happy. But I assure you that I am not beneath anyone... nor am I above...

I am just Jared.

My interest in the TMNT is centered around the time in my life when I was into it as a child... 88-93, so that is the memorabilia I seek, the movies I watch, the cartoons I enjoy, the toys I think are the best. This is the time when TMNT ruled the world... the glory days... the biggest spotlight in TMNT history... and that's the way I choose to remember them.

Have I watched some of the Nick Toons? Sure! Do I own all of the new Nick toys NIB? Sure! But the nick version... any version... is all a echo... a reflection... of the true power of the TMNT from the days that they truly ruled America....

At least to me.

Anyways, I genuinely hope that this movie will do for TMNT that Transformers did for that line. A total rejuvenation and re-imagining of the IP that brings in a new generation of TMNT fans. That would be beautiful.

If you did not have the good luck to be a 7 year old kid in 1991 and experience TMNT at full force.... man... im sorry. It was glorious, and had a psychological effect on me that exists to this very day.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #13
Guitar_Raph
Superhero musician

If TMNT were like Christmas trees, Next Mutation would be the Charlie Brown tree. It wasn't such a bad tree after all. I'm part of the "meek minority" where there are TMNT fans that like Next Mutation & Coming Out of Their Shells.

Sure I was fooled that Next Mutation didn't have a band episode, though Good Dragon came the closest when Mikey played the organ. Remember, Raph made his motorcycle debut starting with Next Mutation.

So I like my TMNT to rock & play instruments. Mikey's much better using sticks, mallets & brushes than nun chucks.

Mikey drums with nunchucks!
Guitar_Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #14
Bakushan
Foot Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar_Raph View Post
If TMNT were like Christmas trees, Next Mutation would be the Charlie Brown tree. It wasn't such a bad tree after all. I'm part of the "meek minority" where there are TMNT fans that like Next Mutation & Coming Out of Their Shells.

Sure I was fooled that Next Mutation didn't have a band episode, though Good Dragon came the closest when Mikey played the organ. Remember, Raph made his motorcycle debut starting with Next Mutation.

So I like my TMNT to rock & play instruments. Mikey's much better using sticks, mallets & brushes than nun chucks.
A DFW local fan! Nice to meet you sir!!!
Old 12-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #15
Xav
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey View Post
Also, I never got on board with the rangers. Always resented them for ending the era of turtles.
I'm pretty sure the Power Rangers had nothing to do with ending Next Mutation.

Last edited by Xav; 12-30-2013 at 04:55 PM.
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #16
ABrown
Banned

Every franchise has something that it's least proud of. TMNT has the Next Mutation series and its crossover with Power Rangers.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
next mutation, power rangers