The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Books, Comics, and Other Literature

Notices

Old 12-22-2016, 07:46 PM   #721
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by myconius View Post
yeah. - - - - the DCU is now just one big cluster&#%@ mess!
It's better than marvel
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 08:08 PM   #722
myconius
Abby Normal

Location: the grave marked "Unknown" right beside Arch Stanton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
It's better than marvel
sad but true!
Old 12-23-2016, 03:02 AM   #723
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
actually, NONE of the DC characters right now are Pre-Flashpoint

EXCEPT for the married Superman, Lois and their son Jonathan.

everyone else is still New 52.
I thought this had been settled ages ago in this thread, but to reitterate:

All of the characters are pre-flashpoint, only they don't remember. The whole point of Rebirth is that some mysterious force stole ten years away from everyone and altered other aspects of reality after Barry changed history in Flashpoint. The only reason pre-flashpoint Superman and Lois exist with Jon is because they were outside of the multiverse when the changes occurred, so N52 Superman and Lois were created by that force to replace them. This will all be covered in March during Superman Reborn.

Yes, for most of the characters, N52 is still a big part of influencing who they are, but Wally breaking back through from the Speed Force has steadily caused a ripple effect that is helping the characters steadily regain elements of what they had lost when the N52 started, such as their prior personalities, their past relationships and whatnot. It's also helping certain characters come to the realisation their whole history up to this point have been manipulations of a greater evil...for example, Wonder Woman has discovered her entire New 52 backstory was a lie.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 12-23-2016 at 03:14 AM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 07:33 PM   #724
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
I thought this had been settled ages ago in this thread, but to reitterate:

All of the characters are pre-flashpoint, only they don't remember. The whole point of Rebirth is that some mysterious force stole ten years away from everyone and altered other aspects of reality after Barry changed history in Flashpoint. The only reason pre-flashpoint Superman and Lois exist with Jon is because they were outside of the multiverse when the changes occurred, so N52 Superman and Lois were created by that force to replace them. This will all be covered in March during Superman Reborn.

Yes, for most of the characters, N52 is still a big part of influencing who they are, but Wally breaking back through from the Speed Force has steadily caused a ripple effect that is helping the characters steadily regain elements of what they had lost when the N52 started, such as their prior personalities, their past relationships and whatnot. It's also helping certain characters come to the realisation their whole history up to this point have been manipulations of a greater evil...for example, Wonder Woman has discovered her entire New 52 backstory was a lie.
they can try to sell that theory all they want.
but if these two versions of Clark Kent/Superman can come face to face, then it's all just a nice theory that doesn't really hold water.

just look at Huntress (Helena Bertinelli)
she doesn't even look remotely like she did in pre-flashpoint stories.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:19 AM   #725
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
they can try to sell that theory all they want.
but if these two versions of Clark Kent/Superman can come face to face, then it's all just a nice theory that doesn't really hold water.
Oh f*ck off, it's like you're not even bothering to do the proper research on this story anymore and just want to assume DC don't have a clue what they're doing because it fits your consistent pessimism. I just said the Superman mystery is being revealed in March as well, but it's pretty obvious from the clues planted and the way Convergence was set up that this is the case

Keep living in denial though, it's f*cking hilarious
Old 12-24-2016, 10:26 AM   #726
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Oh f*ck off, it's like you're not even bothering to do the proper research on this story anymore and just want to assume DC don't have a clue what they're doing because it fits your consistent pessimism. I just said the Superman mystery is being revealed in March as well, but it's pretty obvious from the clues planted and the way Convergence was set up that this is the case

Keep living in denial though, it's f*cking hilarious
sorry, but you like Kool-aid.

i don't.
Old 12-24-2016, 10:32 AM   #727
ZariusTwo
Overlord

I was a d*ck there. Sorry, I've been dealing with Carrie Fisher trolls all day
Old 12-24-2016, 10:49 AM   #728
myconius
Abby Normal

no worries.

hey i don't mean to be a pest neither.

it's just disappointing for me to see characters i love get mishandled by the editors just so they can squeeze our wallets.

but on a good note, i've been enjoying a lot of the Golden-age, Silver-age and Bronze-age stories lately.

there's a 60% off discount code on comixology right now.

i've added a few of the classics to my digital library
Old 12-24-2016, 10:55 AM   #729
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
no worries.

hey i don't mean to be a pest neither.

it's just disappointing for me to see characters i love get mishandled by the editors just so they can squeeze our wallets.
Storytimes on 4chan are how I guage books. I pay for 'em if I enjoy a free browse.

Does'nt quite have the magic of a Byrne-Steal though

And good on you for taking more to the classics. It's the same for me and Marvel books...the reason I love the ASM newspaper strip so much is due to it's old-school zany innocent vibe.
Old 12-24-2016, 11:26 AM   #730
myconius
Abby Normal

Quote:
Storytimes on 4chan are how I guage books. I pay for 'em if I enjoy a free browse.

Does'nt quite have the magic of a Byrne-Steal though

And good on you for taking more to the classics. It's the same for me and Marvel books...the reason I love the ASM newspaper strip so much is due to it's old-school zany innocent vibe.
a while ago i asked my friend who's really into Superman, what his favorites were. he also said John Byrne.

i do have to say Being a fan of Batman there is WAYYYYYYYY too much to chose from!!! i was reading some golden-age, but now i'm enjoying some bronze age stories where Catwoman had the purple dress and green cape.

did you see when comixology had that sale on Spider-man Marvel masterworks?
the sale was quite a while ago. but i think i may have posted about it?
Old 12-28-2016, 09:58 AM   #731
ZariusTwo
Overlord

So yeah, 'Tective...Spoiler turns heel on everyone "You leave everyone a victim Bruce, Imma stop you", Bruce is all "Just let her try, it's just a phase"

Tim breaks out of his cell, but soon finds himself locked back in after he stumbles on another prisoner made of electrical energy.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:23 AM   #732
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

The Flash
Fun little one-shot. Kid Flash and Tar Pit.

Detective Comics
Much more interesting comic. Funny how prepared Spoiler was for everyone. She seems to be the new Red Hood lite, now. "Batman is ineffective and causes more harm than good..." Can't say I entirely disagree with her.

Fascinating how The First Victim becomes preempted by Spoiler in this issue. A well-written, compelling issue. Five stars!
Old 12-28-2016, 10:33 AM   #733
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Oh, and I already forgot...

All-Star Batman

Whatever. I don't even remember the point of this art. Bleh art, bleh story, bleh Bumblebat.

Never forget, gentle readers... his name is Bumblebat.
Old 12-28-2016, 12:35 PM   #734
ZariusTwo
Overlord

JL vs Suicide Squad

Supes gets punked by Enchantress and Killer Frost, bet the CW lot are loving that with the latter
Old 12-28-2016, 01:50 PM   #735
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

As I haven't read any DC comics in... years now, not even this Rebirth yet... can someone break it down to me plainly where things are now?

Pre-Flashpoint Superman came back and replaced New52 Superman, who died... but maybe didn't die? Huh? What's going on with all of this?

The real Wally West came back and... what has he been up to since that?

The Teen Titans remember their history, right?

What's up with Dr. Manhattan being the villain? All I hear about now is about this Mr. Oz. Who's that?

What's all been restored to pre-Flashpoint levels since Rebirth has begun?
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2016, 03:02 PM   #736
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
As I haven't read any DC comics in... years now, not even this Rebirth yet... can someone break it down to me plainly where things are now?

Pre-Flashpoint Superman came back and replaced New52 Superman, who died... but maybe didn't die? Huh? What's going on with all of this?

The real Wally West came back and... what has he been up to since that?

The Teen Titans remember their history, right?

What's up with Dr. Manhattan being the villain? All I hear about now is about this Mr. Oz. Who's that?

What's all been restored to pre-Flashpoint levels since Rebirth has begun?
Rebirth is still an ongoing mystery as many of the DC titles have just concentrated on telling stories which make use of all the older elements discarded by the New 52. Canary and Oliver are a couple again, Wonder Woman's origins from the New 52 were revealed to be a lie and she has her old origin back etc.

There's been clues that certain characters are remembering what happened, such as Maxwell Lord, and the Titans are steadily regaining their memories also, I don't follow Titans that diligently, but Wally has been trying to protect Linda from the enemy responsible for their memory alterations and for trapping Wally in the speed force for ten years.

The Superman mystery won't be cleared up until March 2017 with "Superman Reborn", which we know little about even now.

There are still New 52 elements in play, but they're taking more of a backseat as we go forward.

Currently, Tim Drake (Robin/Red Robin) is a prisoner of Oz, he tried to escape in this week's Detective Comics but stopped when he saw another prisoner that shook him to his core.
Old 12-31-2016, 09:49 AM   #737
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Just read Titans and I'm bummed.

Wally's basically told by the Speed Force that he needs to relinquish his pre-flashpoint memories and embrace the New 52 era in order to save his teammates and learn to properly build a new relationship with the Linda that exists presently. I liked the story, but the idea the older reality is no longer considered "real" by forces existing outside of time and space just sours me on the fact we'll never see Wally's kids again
Old 12-31-2016, 08:03 PM   #738
saintsaucey
Hench Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
The Flash
Fun little one-shot. Kid Flash and Tar Pit.

Detective Comics
Much more interesting comic. Funny how prepared Spoiler was for everyone. She seems to be the new Red Hood lite, now. "Batman is ineffective and causes more harm than good..." Can't say I entirely disagree with her.

Fascinating how The First Victim becomes preempted by Spoiler in this issue. A well-written, compelling issue. Five stars!
I think she gave it away when she said how what trick did batman have up his sleeve for clay face shouls he get out of control. All of the stuff she did was mapped out either by the t.i.m. a.i. or batman. Or maybe even tim him self.

I know who the first victim is?
Who the person tim saw that made him freak out?
Who the guy with the staff at the end was?
saintsaucey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 04:26 AM   #739
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
Who the guy with the staff at the end was?
More on the robed guy (Oz) will be revealed in the Superman books in March
Old 01-01-2017, 07:24 AM   #740
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Expect more from Geoff Johns and Manhattan in 2017

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/01...n-comics-2017/

Tags
batman, bendis, crisis of infinite sjws, dc comics, doomsdaycock, infinite cucks, superman, wonder woman