The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 01-23-2017, 11:50 AM   #141
CyberCubed
Overlord

So Luke never bothered to train a whole new young generation of Jedi in the new continuity? Seems rather odd that there are no new Jedi around at all 30 years later.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:52 AM   #142
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So Luke never bothered to train a whole new young generation of Jedi in the new continuity? Seems rather odd that there are no new Jedi around at all 30 years later.
But...he...did?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:52 AM   #143
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
What are you talking about? Did you completely ignore that backstory from TFA about how Kylo Ren betrayed Luke and slaughtered all the Jedi he was training?

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:59 AM   #144
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine

Leave Cubed to his Alt-Truths.
He's happier there.
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:02 PM   #145
CyberCubed
Overlord

Everyone at neogaf thinks Luke is going to die:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1336946
Old 01-23-2017, 12:05 PM   #146
snake
Disgusting

Quote:
Everyone at neogaf thinks Luke is going to die:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1336946
Stop linking to that place.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 12:15 PM   #147
CyberCubed
Overlord

Its better than reddit, 4chan, etc. I don't see what the problem is.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:29 PM   #148
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Quote:
Not really. Besides, people were speculating long before the title came out that Luke was going to die in either this one or Ep. 9

Last Movie Watched: Leprechaun Origins (2014).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E11).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:50 PM   #149
CyberCubed
Overlord

I don't think they're going to kill off Luke now that Carrie passed in real life. Maybe the original plan was going to kill Luke, but no way are they not going to have at least 1 of the main characters of the original trilogy survive the new one.
Old 01-23-2017, 01:53 PM   #150
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

There is 0 reason to believe they were going to kill Luke in Episode VIII. Maybe tentatively in IX, but even if such plans existed in any form, they'd more than likely probably be thrown out the window with Carrie dying and Han Solo being killed off.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 01-23-2017 at 01:59 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:18 PM   #151
sdp
-

The Last Jedi wasn't that the point of the OT where he was basically even if not technically the last one? I guess Episode VIII will continue the rehashing of the OT, the more OT with the han solo prequel for more pandering and finish off Episode IX with more OT.

Say what you want about the prequels but I'll take Lucas' Sequel Trilogy any day over a remake of the OT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
The "Jedi" in ROTJ was Anakin.
That's kind of a retcon though, it's obviously meant to be Luke.

Quote:
No it's not that forum is trash full of SJWs were if you don't fit their hivemind mentality they kick any different opinion out which means every opinion is the flippin' same; have fun reading autistic replies. 4chan might be NSFW and too fast to have any worthwhile arguments and Reddit being a SFW 4chan but at least there are different opinions. No to mention their speculation is usually wrong.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:26 PM   #152
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Now that we know the official title, Will need to change the topic to it.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:27 PM   #153
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
No it's not that forum is trash full of SJWs were if you don't fit their hivemind mentality they kick any different opinion out which means every opinion is the flippin' same; have fun reading autistic replies. 4chan might be NSFW and too fast to have any worthwhile arguments and Reddit being a SFW 4chan but at least there are different opinions. No to mention their speculation is usually wrong.
I've been visiting neogaf since 2012 and haven't seen any of that. It's a pretty diverse community, both the gaming side and the off-topic side for movies/tv shows/politics, etc.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:36 PM   #154
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Say what you want about the prequels but I'll take Lucas' Sequel Trilogy any day over a remake of the OT.
Oh me too, without question.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:46 PM   #155
CyberCubed
Overlord

I expect Episode 8 and 9 to be really good and unique.

Episode 7 just had the burden of having to restore faith after the prequels, introduced the new main characters, show old Han and Leia, and then set-up new villains. The whole movie was basically a set-up movie.

Same reason characters like Snoke and Kylo Ren feeling underdeveloped don't bother me, because I know they'll fix that in the next movies.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:55 PM   #156
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger

Keep in mind that Jedi is a plural and singular.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:55 PM   #157
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:

Episode 7 just had the burden of having to restore faith after the prequels, introduced the new main characters, show old Han and Leia, and then set-up new villains. The whole movie was basically a set-up movie.

Same reason characters like Snoke and Kylo Ren feeling underdeveloped don't bother me, because I know they'll fix that in the next movies.
And yet, I'm personally quite worried that we're in for "The Empire Strikes Back" 2.0...
Old 01-23-2017, 02:56 PM   #158
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
It didn't need to be. Not remotely. It wasn't like Episodes 1-3 were flops (the opposite)... and just the fact that Luke, Leia, and Han were going to be in the movie would have been enough for all the "old jaded fans" regardless of the presence of a third Death Star, identical shots on a desert planet, etc., etc..
Old 01-23-2017, 03:05 PM   #159
sdp
-

Quote:

Episode IV and I did just fine, this movie was too busy setting up a trilogy instead of focusing on the actual movie a mistake all new franchises make to make "trilogies' which Star Wars never had that problem.

You don't need to "restore" faith, that's the dumbest thing ever, most people love the prequels in the general audience and Disney continues to market them. I love the new good guys but rehashing the plot of A New Hope, having the empire basically still be there after 30 years, and making lame villains doesn't help. This should've been a new take just like the prequels were. Rogue one already focused on the same nostalgia, is that all they plan to do? I had hope for Episode VIII but the set up in VII is already too similar to the OT for it to differ and this new title isn't helping my faith in it. If Disney continues like this they'll drive Star Wars to the ground.

Quote:
I've been visiting neogaf since 2012 and haven't seen any of that. It's a pretty diverse community, both the gaming side and the off-topic side for movies/tv shows/politics, etc.
Diverse? Not at all it's a SJW/Liberal hotspot been there since 2006 and frequented it for years but the level of autism, elitism, whininess, made it impossible for me to continue frequenting it, 10 years ago that forum was the place to be for news/opinios, today? not so much. The bad outdoes the good. I pretty much spent the last few posts I was there arguing with people's narrow minded ideas until I got banned for pointing out it was ridiculous for someone to be offended that the Pokemon games only included "boy and girl" options. That really bummed me out as I had years of archiving informational threads there through subscriptions which I now can't get through, I should've just avoided the forum so I could've kept them.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 03:20 PM   #160
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
You don't need to "restore" faith, that's the dumbest thing ever, most people love the prequels in the general audience and Disney continues to market them.
My daughter watched all of the Star Wars movies and was highly entertained... but barely slogged through IV-VI. "Too boring." She started to watch VII on my insistence a little later that she'd like it because it features a young lady as the main character... she fell asleep somewhere around where Rey gets the lightsaber from the alien chick.

Tags
notmyskywalker, star wars, subvert expectations, the last sjw