The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Current Events

Notices

Old 03-22-2017, 09:46 AM   #1
Vicky82
Emperor

Terror Incident In London

There's a Terror Incident in London at Westminster, Parliament is on Lock down

Someone ran over people with his car, Stabbed a policeman, he has now been shot by Police.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:07 AM   #2
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Man that's awful.

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:54 PM   #3
CyberCubed
Overlord

2017 just keeps getting worse.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:14 PM   #4
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Dude, you can't blame the year for what has happened. Blame the people who cause these things to happen and with deaths, that's just the way life goes.

This sucks though on so many levels. My thoughts are with all of those who are victims of this attack and their families.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:01 AM   #5
Mayhem
Foot Elite

We get knocked down, we get up again... darkness and hatred cannot banish other darkness and hatred, only compassion, the light and getting the f*** on with life regardless can do that...
Old 03-23-2017, 02:31 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord

It's weird, how often are there terror incidents in the UK? You usually hear stuff like this happening in the U.S., France, or Middle eastern countries, but rarely in the UK.

It seems like hatred is rearing it's ugly head in all corners of the globe. We also still have North Korea to tend with because all the Asian countries are under fear of nuclear strike.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:14 PM   #7
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
It's weird, how often are there terror incidents in the UK? You usually hear stuff like this happening in the U.S., France, or Middle eastern countries, but rarely in the UK.

It seems like hatred is rearing it's ugly head in all corners of the globe. We also still have North Korea to tend with because all the Asian countries are under fear of nuclear strike.
They take security very seriously in the United Kingdom. As for this attack... it was a guy speeding and running over people. Not much could have been done to prevent this and he was eventually gunned down by the police, so...

I know you are gonna tell me Americans do as well... but no. Americans might be paranoid and have lots of technological means but their security isn't exactly the best in the world. The world champions in that are Israel by far.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 05:14 PM   #8
Vicky82
Emperor

This is the 2nd terrorist incident since the 7/7/05 bombings but we used to have a lot of terrorist attacks when the IRA was bombing us and if it wasn't for the Good Friday Agreement, they probably still bombing us today.

It's a shame that every terrorist attack is blamed on Muslims but we weren't blaming Catholics on the IRA Terrorist attacks.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:16 PM   #9
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky82 View Post
This is the 2nd terrorist incident since the 7/7/05 bombings but we used to have a lot of terrorist attacks when the IRA was bombing us and if it wasn't for the Good Friday Agreement, they probably still bombing us today.

It's a shame that every terrorist attack is blamed on Muslims but we weren't blaming Catholics on the IRA Terrorist attacks.
Europe had way more terrorist attacks in the 70s-80s but they were commited by fellow Europeans, usually far-right or far-left factions. That was truly the age of terrorism in Europe.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:28 PM   #10
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
They take security very seriously in the United Kingdom. As for this attack... it was a guy speeding and running over people. Not much could have been done to prevent this and he was eventually gunned down by the police, so...

I know you are gonna tell me Americans do as well... but no. Americans might be paranoid and have lots of technological means but their security isn't exactly the best in the world. The world champions in that are Israel by far.
Also Americans can just easily get a gun in shop and that's why they have so many shootings. In the UK we have very strict gun laws so it's very hard to get a gun in the UK, we still have shootings but it's rare but our biggest problem is Knife crime.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:31 PM   #11
CyberCubed
Overlord

Well the lesson here is no matter where you live, there will always be crazy/bad/evil people. Filthy criminal scum roaming our fair streets is where the inspiration for superheroes and comic books came from, because we want heroes to clean up crime and put the scumbags behind bars.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:46 PM   #12
Prowler
Emperor

Quote:
Also Americans can just easily get a gun in shop and that's why they have so many shootings. In the UK we have very strict gun laws so it's very hard to get a gun in the UK, we still have shootings but it's rare but our biggest problem is Knife crime.
Oh boy, the gun loving Americans who read this will tear you into pieces for this
Old 03-23-2017, 05:48 PM   #13
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Also Americans can just easily get a gun in shop and that's why they have so many shootings.
Not that easily. And that's utter bullsh*t.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 06:10 PM   #14
CyberCubed
Overlord

Depends where you live. Up here in New York it's very hard to buy a firearm, but if you live down south where people are less educated and shoot each other all the time, it's a lot easier.

I remember being shocked when I was in Florida and saw guns literally hanging on the walls of Target for anyone to buy.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:41 PM   #15
Prowler
Emperor

Supposedly, shootings and gun violence in general is at its lowest since the 80s/90s.

I've always wondered how many Americans actually own guns. Like a percentage or something. I can see it being common in rural areas but in big cities like NYC and LA I doubt most people own guns?

I think the only people who own guns here are hunters, cops, military folk and criminals. I think it's pretty hard for someone to get a firearm license here.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:23 PM   #16
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Depends where you live. Up here in New York it's very hard to buy a firearm, but if you live down south where people are less educated and shoot each other all the time, it's a lot easier.

I remember being shocked when I was in Florida and saw guns literally hanging on the walls of Target for anyone to buy.
Says the semi-retarded shut in.

There are gun crimes in NY, too.

Quote:
Supposedly, shootings and gun violence in general is at its lowest since the 80s/90s.

I've always wondered how many Americans actually own guns. Like a percentage or something. I can see it being common in rural areas but in big cities like NYC and LA I doubt most people own guns?

I think the only people who own guns here are hunters, cops, military folk and criminals. I think it's pretty hard for someone to get a firearm license here.
A lot of people do. They're less likely to be enthusiasts going to the range all the time, but they have them just in case.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 07:43 PM   #17
CyberCubed
Overlord

New York is considered one of the safest states in the U.S. to live in. There are police at every corner who will arrive within 5 minutes of you calling them.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:52 PM   #18
Prowler
Emperor

Apparently Alaska has one of the highest criem rates in the country. What exactly goes on there?
Old 03-23-2017, 07:53 PM   #19
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
There are police at every corner
Every authoritarians wet dream.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:54 PM   #20
ToTheNines
[sic]

Quote:
Apparently Alaska has one of the highest criem rates in the country. What exactly goes on there?
Check out "Alaska State Troopers". They party hard out there.