The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2015, 07:41 PM   #21
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 6,408
Does anyone ever have stretches where they just can't seem to get anything out for days, and then BAM, you get on a roll and it just feels like you can't STOP?! I just had one of those. Couldn't seem to get more than a few words out all week, and today, I just sat down, with a story I'd been plucking at here and there, and now it's almost finished.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 07:58 PM   #22
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,581
Absolutely. Haven't been able to write anything for my current novel "Rage" for almost a month, even though I had the entire next few chapters plotted out to a "T." Then I sat down and started writing it last night... flowing like ooze from a shattered TCRI cannister!

I know, that was a stupid joke. But where else can I make it?
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:34 PM   #23
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 6,408
Nah, it was a good joke. Perfectly fitting for the company. I'm kind of proud of this new one, it's the first time I've tried to seriously focus on Leo.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 10:41 PM   #24
senpai
Stone Warrior
 
senpai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: new york sewers yo!
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Nah, it was a good joke. Perfectly fitting for the company. I'm kind of proud of this new one, it's the first time I've tried to seriously focus on Leo.
Good for you, Duckie! I definitely have days like that. Usually I do my best when my idea is new...once it goes a little stale, I lose my tempo then it becomes a chore to finish even if exciting, great things are soon to come. Got any tips? Or is the whole thing a mystery to you too?
senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:52 PM   #25
Prowler
Foot Elite
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,307
I've written a few short stories and such with original characters but never actually shared them online.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 09:18 PM   #26
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 6,408
If I start to find myself losing interest, I step back from the project for a bit and move to something else that I may have been neglecting, to see if it helps. Sometimes all you need is a bit of a "break" from the plot, and when you come back, it's with a fresh perspective and inspiration. That's why some of my tales have been on hiatus for a while- I come back to them when I get a new bout of inspiration for the story in question.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:23 PM   #27
Leo656
The Franchise
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 13,771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I've written a few short stories and such with original characters but never actually shared them online.
I finished ONE a long long time ago, and started another one and got about halfway through it, and they were at the time actually hosted online, but the site has since gone down. I was able to get the master copies back so I can edit them, but they haven't gone up anywhere since.

I honestly don't know if I will or not. They were kinda popular way back in the day, but we're talking, like, 2004-5, and people's tastes have radically changed and I kinda don't think anybody'd care now. I'm kinda trying to finish the one just because I never did, and someone's been kind of "advising" and giving me feedback on it, and it's going well. But once that's done I have no idea.
__________________

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:32 PM   #28
senpai
Stone Warrior
 
senpai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: new york sewers yo!
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
I've written a few short stories and such with original characters but never actually shared them online.
You might want to look into submitting it to an online journal. You can make money!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
If I start to find myself losing interest, I step back from the project for a bit and move to something else that I may have been neglecting, to see if it helps. Sometimes all you need is a bit of a "break" from the plot, and when you come back, it's with a fresh perspective and inspiration. That's why some of my tales have been on hiatus for a while- I come back to them when I get a new bout of inspiration for the story in question.
Breaks are great. But not too long of a break...that's how a lot of potential stories remain unwritten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
They were kinda popular way back in the day, but we're talking, like, 2004-5, and people's tastes have radically changed and I kinda don't think anybody'd care now. I'm kinda trying to finish the one just because I never did, and someone's been kind of "advising" and giving me feedback on it, and it's going well. But once that's done I have no idea.
The time doesn't matter. Successful stories are written during any time! I think you should continue your writing and see where it goes! It sounds like you have supporters out there.
senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:38 PM   #29
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 6,408
Well, my interest tends to run in cycles. I DO come back to them, it just takes a while, sometimes. One reason why I have so many going at once, it helps to keep me working even if my muse has wandered away from a particular project out of boredom or frustration.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 10:40 PM   #30
senpai
Stone Warrior
 
senpai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: new york sewers yo!
Posts: 673
Teehee. I gotcha. That's good. Never lose that drive! I'll try to practice what I preach too!
senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 07:42 PM   #31
CaliperCat
Foot Soldier
 
CaliperCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: College Town, USA
Posts: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by senpai View Post
Ooo! I can't wait to read it! I'm sure it'll be great. In a couple weeks I'll give it a read. (I got finals from now till then--kill me x.x) And absolutely. I'll try to help any way I can.

Really? How big are these mini-pigs? And do you know how old she is? Every mini-pig I've seen that looked small was just a youngin'.

Awww! I remember Spirit! Such a good movie. I remember crying.
I understand perfectly about the finals! I've had a hellish few weeks, and my finals aren't even until next month.

Her female mini-pig is maaaybe the equivalent of a beagle in size, but a lot rounder since she's pregnant! She's pure black all over. She's maybe a year old, I think, and that's as big as she'll get. The male is smaller by quite a bit: he looks a lot like this.


He's a bit older than six months, but that's about as big as he's supposed to get!

My sister and I watched that movie so often when we were younger- I'm surprised we didn't wear out the tape, honestly. It's such a fantastic movie.
__________________

100% Jellybean and proud!
CaliperCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 08:56 PM   #32
senpai
Stone Warrior
 
senpai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: new york sewers yo!
Posts: 673
The picture won't work What must I do? I wanna see it!
senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:02 PM   #33
CaliperCat
Foot Soldier
 
CaliperCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: College Town, USA
Posts: 157
Ah! I messed up the html code, that's why. Here it is, and with spoiler tags, because apparently the image is huge.

Spoiler:
__________________

100% Jellybean and proud!
CaliperCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 02:04 AM   #34
Krutch
Like, stupid rich.
 
Krutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: The Rawkzone
Posts: 2,023
As someone who considers himself a writer, and is constantly surrounded by writers, I have been having one hell of a time getting anything on paper for the last year.

I finally wrote a short story for a 5 page comic I was asked to do. But even that felt like squeezing blood out of a stone

It's killing me because I have a ton of ideas for features, pilots, plays, musicals... But when it comes to actually writing lately I feel like I have nothing really to say. Which kills me. Hopefully this funk I'm in dissipates sooner than later because I'm getting sick of staring at a blank white Final Draft page every day.
__________________

"900 posts in 12 years, a love for social affairs? Get this normie outta here!" - Powder
Krutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:43 PM   #35
senpai
Stone Warrior
 
senpai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: new york sewers yo!
Posts: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliperCat View Post
Ah! I messed up the html code, that's why. Here it is, and with spoiler tags, because apparently the image is huge.

OH. MY. GOD. He is SO cute. And those blue eyes! *_* Incredible! I want one now...ah! You don't know what you just did to me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krutch View Post
As someone who considers himself a writer, and is constantly surrounded by writers, I have been having one hell of a time getting anything on paper for the last year.

I finally wrote a short story for a 5 page comic I was asked to do. But even that felt like squeezing blood out of a stone

It's killing me because I have a ton of ideas for features, pilots, plays, musicals... But when it comes to actually writing lately I feel like I have nothing really to say. Which kills me. Hopefully this funk I'm in dissipates sooner than later because I'm getting sick of staring at a blank white Final Draft page every day.
Just do it, even if it's crap at first--you can polish it later. I've pushed myself to write even when I was brain dead and have no motivation. Sometimes just doing it will help you get it out and then you can elaborate and pretty it up more.
senpai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:37 PM   #36
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,581
Decided to stick with self-publishing...

"Asylum" is now available for purchase. Very proud of my new baby. Got to hold my own copy in my hands... now, to get back to my current novel in progress, "Rage!"
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:49 PM   #37
MutantBear
Foot Soldier
 
MutantBear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 176
Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Decided to stick with self-publishing...

"Asylum" is now available for purchase. Very proud of my new baby. Got to hold my own copy in my hands... now, to get back to my current novel in progress, "Rage!"
What is this Rage book about? Also, your Asylum book looks really interesting!
MutantBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:50 PM   #38
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantBear View Post
What is this Rage book about? Also, your Asylum book looks really interesting!
"Rage" is a follow-up to "Asylum." A sequel that takes places ~5 years later, with an all-new cast and location. "Asylum" focuses on surviving the onset of an event, and "Rage" focuses on living in the fallout of said event.
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 08:52 PM   #39
MsMarvelDuckie
I know Quack-Fu
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 6,408
Got home after a closing shift last night, and had to wait for some Alka-Seltzer to kick in, so I decided to try to get in a little extra writing, and actually got on a roll. For some reason, all my Mikey POV chapters are really easy to get out, and I'm wondering if I'm channeling him a bit, lol! Hopefully, I can finish the chapter up tonight or tomorrow, and post it. Can't wait to get it finished!
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics (including TMNT!!) are here:

http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...?showforum=188
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 07:52 AM   #40
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Victory Is Life
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 11,581
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Got home after a closing shift last night, and had to wait for some Alka-Seltzer to kick in, so I decided to try to get in a little extra writing, and actually got on a roll. For some reason, all my Mikey POV chapters are really easy to get out, and I'm wondering if I'm channeling him a bit, lol! Hopefully, I can finish the chapter up tonight or tomorrow, and post it. Can't wait to get it finished!
Which story are you currently working on?
__________________
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.