The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

View Poll Results: Where Do You Fall On The Kinsey Scale?
Exclusively heterosexual 14 51.85%
Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual 7 25.93%
Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual 0 0%
Equally heterosexual and homosexual 0 0%
Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual 1 3.70%
Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual 2 7.41%
Exclusively homosexual 0 0%
No socio-sexual contacts or reactions 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2017, 01:23 PM   #21
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 6,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Lol, excellent analogy!
I'm rather fond of it, myself. When tumblr's on its game, it generates some really great stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Thanks, that makes more sense now.
No problem!
The jargon isn't all that user friendly, as jargon is often wont to be.
But I'll give credit where credit is due, this spectrum approach was revolutionary, and Kinsey's work was amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
Paul Rudd!
...

Ooooh good choice.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:25 PM   #22
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 12,038
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Yeah, a straight guy who has a one-nighter with Jason Momoa...isn't suddenly gay. He's a straight guy who had a one-nighter with Jason Momoa.
He's also a guy that probably won't be able to sit in a chair for a year afterward.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:25 PM   #23
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,024
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I have no idea when all these new sexual orientations were invented. Back in my day there were only 3 things:

You were straight
You were gay
You swing both ways

That was it. Now all of a sudden there's 15+ different sexual orientations because millennials feel the need to "express themselves."

In my case I'm as straight as an arrow.
As mentioned here..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I'm bi. I guess that's a 3 by the scale from 1948
The Kinsey scale is not exactly new.

I'm straight but sometimes I look at kinda out there porn so I'm like, a 1 or something? I dunno. From my incredibly minor awareness and understanding of Kinsey's methods and purposes I think it's more about "what stuff have you done in your lifetime" than "what you into" but I'm not really sure.
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 06:48 PM   #24
Stephen
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England
Posts: 410
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
I've never actually had any romantic stuff happen in my life.
Is this by choice then, or you've just not found anyone you're attracted to yet?
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:15 PM   #25
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia
 
DestronMirage22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: MO
Posts: 1,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Is this by choice then, or you've just not found anyone you're attracted to yet?
By choice. Of course I've thought some girls I met we pretty or nice, and some seemed like they kinda liked me, but I've just been holding out until I meet the right person who shares common interests with me, and accepts me for who I am, issues and all.

I've been kind of freaking out recently that I'll never actually find said person, but there's not much I can do, and I definitely don't want to end up settling and unhappy for the rest of my life. Better to be lonely than to go through stuff like that, I guess.
__________________

Spoiler:
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 07:42 PM   #26
mrmaczaps
Mad Scientist
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
By choice. Of course I've thought some girls I met we pretty or nice, and some seemed like they kinda liked me, but I've just been holding out until I meet the right person who shares common interests with me, and accepts me for who I am, issues and all.

I've been kind of freaking out recently that I'll never actually find said person, but there's not much I can do, and I definitely don't want to end up settling and unhappy for the rest of my life. Better to be lonely than to go through stuff like that, I guess.
Nothing wrong at all with waiting. Nothing at all.
__________________
Mr Maczaps
Mr Maczaps Comics
Mr Maczaps: The Collection
Mr Maczaps Comics on Facebook
Shellback on Facebook
Turtle Power Entertainment

Email me at: mrmaczapscomics@gmail.com

Looking for: SNES TMNT and any other video games. Also Movie Star Mikey giant nunchucks! Two! CHEAP! *not buying right now, but plenty to trade* #damntumor

Buy from MyComicShop.com
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:00 PM   #27
ToTheNines
[sic]
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
By choice. Of course I've thought some girls I met we pretty or nice, and some seemed like they kinda liked me, but I've just been holding out until I meet the right person who shares common interests with me, and accepts me for who I am, issues and all.

I've been kind of freaking out recently that I'll never actually find said person, but there's not much I can do, and I definitely don't want to end up settling and unhappy for the rest of my life. Better to be lonely than to go through stuff like that, I guess.
I used to feel that way, but it's better to take chances. Make mistakes, go out with people you might not normally hang with. That's life, man!
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:15 PM   #28
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,536
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post

Though I wouldn't consider a guy who had a one-nighter with...crap...who do guys find attractive as guys? Jason Momoa?
I would do things to Matt Damon and Zac Efron and not even feel bad.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 08:26 PM   #29
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,893
To this day I still find Smallville's Tom Welling attractive... and I'm comfortable enough with my sexuality to admit that. Wish I was like this 15 years ago when the show was still on.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/42/422f2...78ad6341a4.jpg
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines



YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/Jephael
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jephael
Twitter: https://twitter.com/JeOughton
Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 01:24 PM   #30
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 6,717
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
By choice. Of course I've thought some girls I met we pretty or nice, and some seemed like they kinda liked me, but I've just been holding out until I meet the right person who shares common interests with me, and accepts me for who I am, issues and all.

I've been kind of freaking out recently that I'll never actually find said person, but there's not much I can do, and I definitely don't want to end up settling and unhappy for the rest of my life. Better to be lonely than to go through stuff like that, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I used to feel that way, but it's better to take chances. Make mistakes, go out with people you might not normally hang with. That's life, man!
Yeah, I'm with Nines on this one.
But then, I'm with Dan Savage on these things.

There's no The One, there's only people you're willing to round up to one.

And:

Every relationship will fail, until one doesn't. (and even that one will end eventually.)
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
A lot just get older and older and angrier and angrier, all the while waiting for the world to bend to their whim, never, ever really being satisfied with any of the "victories" achieved at large and wondering why no one outside of whatever construct bubble they've placed themself [sic] (look, I did it!) in wants to mess with them.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 02:19 PM   #31
Dust
Foot Soldier
 
Dust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Rainy England
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Yeah, I'm with Nines on this one.
But then, I'm with Dan Savage on these things.

There's no The One, there's only people you're willing to round up to one.

And:

Every relationship will fail, until one doesn't. (and even that one will end eventually.)
Aren't you a ray of sunshine?

I do agree though. You'll have to settle. I think Bojack Horseman said it best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zszD_-xM2w

Bit depressing I know but it's true that everything ends. Appreciate what you have while you have it and try to hold on as long as you can.

To answer the question, I'm heterosexual.
Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:43 PM   #32
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,024
Like the song says, Perfect always takes so long, because it don't exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Vuk8XlOvQ
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:29 PM   #33
DestronMirage22
Yukipedia
 
DestronMirage22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: MO
Posts: 1,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmaczaps View Post
Nothing wrong at all with waiting. Nothing at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I used to feel that way, but it's better to take chances. Make mistakes, go out with people you might not normally hang with. That's life, man!
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Yeah, I'm with Nines on this one.
But then, I'm with Dan Savage on these things.

There's no The One, there's only people you're willing to round up to one.

And:

Every relationship will fail, until one doesn't. (and even that one will end eventually.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust View Post
Aren't you a ray of sunshine?

I do agree though. You'll have to settle. I think Bojack Horseman said it best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zszD_-xM2w

Bit depressing I know but it's true that everything ends. Appreciate what you have while you have it and try to hold on as long as you can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryomancer View Post
Like the song says, Perfect always takes so long, because it don't exist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2Vuk8XlOvQ

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll make sure to keep it all in mind in the future.
__________________

Spoiler:
DestronMirage22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:38 PM   #34
Storm Eagle
Saved by
 
Storm Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: New York
Posts: 2,466
I'm a dude, and I'm strictly chickly.
Storm Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:09 PM   #35
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,438
Also didn't people say there's a "third gender" now? And I don't mean transgender, I mean a literal third gender. Like there's people who say, "I neither identify as a man, woman, or transgender....I am the third kind."
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:17 PM   #36
sdp
<<raver>>
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: MO
Posts: 5,797
CyberCubed, you ignorant bigotted chauvanist pig, there are at least 25 genders you're not taking into account. Why don't you educate yourself before posting here again.

On another note..
So I'm watching Ranma 1/2 and female Ranma is easily the best looking girl and my waifu in the series, wehre would I fall on the Kinsey scale? If I change my waifu to Shampoo does that mean I'm into beastiality?
__________________
@0sdp
TMNT articles @ MiscRave.com
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:18 PM   #37
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,024
Third Gender is also old as hell and not a new thing at all https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_gender


Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
So I'm watching Ranma 1/2 and female Ranma is easily the best looking girl and my waifu in the series, wehre would I fall on the Kinsey scale? If I change my waifu to Shampoo does that mean I'm into beastiality?
Now we're asking the real questions.
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:21 PM   #38
Prowler
Santa Maria Ozawa
 
Prowler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Portugal
Posts: 4,917
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
CyberCubed, you ignorant bigotted chauvanist pig, there are at least 25 genders you're not taking into account. Why don't you educate yourself before posting here again.

On another note..
So I'm watching Ranma 1/2 and female Ranma is easily the best looking girl and my waifu in the series, wehre would I fall on the Kinsey scale? If I change my waifu to Shampoo does that mean I'm into beastiality?
Really? My "crush" in that series is Ukyo Kuonji.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So I've watched some of April O'Neil's "videos." They were OK, the lesbian massage ones were the best ones. I skimmed through some of the others, but eh.

I've seen better.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:26 PM   #39
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 32,438
Quote:
Third gender or third sex is a concept in which individuals are categorized, either by themselves or by society, as neither man nor woman. It also describes a social category present in those societies that recognize three or more genders. The term third is usually understood to mean "other"; some anthropologists and sociologists have described fourth,[1] fifth,[2] and "some"[3] genders.
Can someone explain this to me? I don't get it.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:35 PM   #40
ToTheNines
[sic]
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 15,076
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestronMirage22 View Post
Thanks for the advice guys, I'll make sure to keep it all in mind in the future.
I wouldn't take advice from mrmaczaps. Unless you want to end up a lonely, miserable, psychotic prick.

Let me put it to you this way though: You're not going to be sitting in your rocking chair as an old man and think to yourself "damn, if only I'd had less fun and went on less dates".

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Can someone explain this to me?
Well you're dumb as a door knob. So, odds are, probably not.

Last edited by ToTheNines; 04-13-2017 at 02:26 PM.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
gay

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.