The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 05-30-2020, 12:44 AM   #81
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Yes, I think it's pretty tacky how his compulsion to bring his sister into every single conversation about the character borders uncomfortably on necrophilia at times.
The word is "ghoulish." Secondly, "opportunistic" on that end.

And I would be happy to go on a tirade on precisely why and how Geoff Johns is a cancer to both comics and film... but I've already done that many times. And I've seen just about everyone in this thread comment on those thoughts, so I will save the calories.
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 02:45 PM   #82
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Better look at Stargirl's classic JSA line up:

Spoiler:

TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 04:26 PM   #83
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Is this in continuity with the arrowverse, Titans or ambiguous/nothing at the moment?
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2020, 04:57 PM   #84
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp View Post
Is this in continuity with the arrowverse, Titans or ambiguous/nothing at the moment?
its on an Alt Earth 2 as shown at the end of Crisis on Infinite Earths.
Old 06-08-2020, 01:22 PM   #85
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Better look at Stargirl's classic JSA line up:

It looks like Geoff Johns didn't credit Alex Ross for the use of his JSA banners in the show

Alex Ross
@thealexrossart
?
1h
#nocredit given for their use in
@stargirl_cw
#swipe? #jsa #artists #MondayMotivation #mondaythoughts
Old 06-09-2020, 03:47 PM   #86
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
It looks like Geoff Johns didn't credit Alex Ross for the use of his JSA banners in the show

Alex Ross
@thealexrossart
?
1h
#nocredit given for their use in
@stargirl_cw
#swipe? #jsa #artists #MondayMotivation #mondaythoughts
Except they didn't even use his artwork, they just recreated it with live actors. You'd think Alex Ross of all people would know the difference between a homage and someone actually swiping your artwork without credit.

This is literally no different than the time the Flash recreated the cover of Flash #123 back in season 2.
TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 11:06 PM   #87
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Except they didn't even use his artwork, they just recreated it with live actors. You'd think Alex Ross of all people would know the difference between a homage and someone actually swiping your artwork without credit.
A better example might be Alex Ross not getting mad about his Kingdom Come Superman being used in the CW's "Crisis on Infinite Earths" (brought to life as Routh, complete with the suit and symbol he designed) because I think I recall some Alex Ross paintings being used in that that they would've had to pay him for.

i.e., no payday for him in this.
Old 06-10-2020, 12:03 AM   #88
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Wildcat episode was pretty good. Kind of like the one size fits all suit. Still hope maybe we see Ted Grant down the road if he isn't dead so he can meet his goddaughter.

Also that she bully at the high school is a real super bitch.
Old 06-10-2020, 12:07 AM   #89
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

I didn't realize the Wildcat lady is the Rambo 5 lady. The "niece" of Rambo that dies. Nice.
Old 06-10-2020, 12:13 AM   #90
Leo656
The Franchise

I just read about the origin of Wildcat on this show, and I think it's probably the dumbest super-hero origin I've ever heard of.

"I was dumb enough to send someone a nude selfie, and people made fun of me for it, so now I punch people. For Justice!" Yeah, I don't think it gets much worse than that.

Man, CW is awful. I'd be fine with a future if every single DC show was locked behind a streaming paywall for all time, so long as they weren't unanimously written for 16-year old girls. What nonsense.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 12:15 AM   #91
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
"I was dumb enough to send someone a nude selfie, and people made fun of me for it, so now I punch people. For Justice!" Yeah, I don't think it gets much worse than that.
UGH!!

They already did that "story" point for Riverdale. Now they're just recycling their "problematic teen story points."
Old 06-10-2020, 12:32 AM   #92
Leo656
The Franchise

Also... We're still collectively pretending that taking/sending nudes is anything but Prime Idiot behavior? That's terrible.

What horrible messages we're sending to kids and little girls nowadays. If I had a daughter, I would absolutely NOT be telling her "It's cool to send naked pictures of yourself to someone as long as they say that they love you; it doesn't make you a complete idiot or anything." And if I were a writer, I definitely wouldn't be using that kind of thing as a super-hero origin.

We live in interesting times.

Old 06-10-2020, 12:56 AM   #93
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Quote:
Man, CW is awful. I'd be fine with a future if every single DC show was locked behind a streaming paywall for all time, so long as they weren't unanimously written for 16-year old girls. What nonsense.
Its not CW's fault for this its DC Universe and Geoff Johns you can thank for it

"And she's a character that obviously plays a prominent role throughout the entire show. And Yvette Monreal is an amazing actor and we tackled some issues that are again, although we're set, we're a very kind of show that it sometimes can feel like we're set in a timeless era," Johns said. "We are set firmly in 2020. And I think Yolanda's story in particular reflects that.

"We didn't want to do like ABC After School special. We didn't want to get too, I don't know, message-y with this story. It's just who she is and what she's experienced."

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/...w-dc-universe/
Old 06-10-2020, 01:12 AM   #94
Leo656
The Franchise

I strongly disagree with his logic on this.

Just because a ton of women and girls in 2020 are stupid enough to send naked pictures of themselves over the Internet, that doesn't mean that is behavior worth celebrating or glamorizing, or that the chicks who do it are "heroic" and not, y'know, morons.

I like a lot of his books, but if that's the way Geoff really feels, and isn't parroting some Liberal spin forced down by the CW execs, well, then frankly he's kind of an idiot.

Old 07-06-2020, 12:39 PM   #95
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

DiscussingFilm
@DiscussingFilm
?STARGIRL? has been renewed for Season 2 at The CW. It will no longer air on DC Universe. (Source: https://bit.ly/3iHvCZ1)
Old 07-14-2020, 09:31 PM   #96
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

They showed a photo of the 7 Soliders of Victory Tonight on Stargirl

The 7 Soldiers were (Shining Knight Vigilante Wing Green Arrow Speedy Stripesy and the Star Spangled Kid
Old 10-26-2020, 05:52 PM   #97
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

‘Stargirl’ Casts Nick Tarabay & Jonathan Cake As Eclipso & The Shade, Adds Ysa Penarejo As Recurring

DC’s Stargirl has found its Eclipso and The Shade – two of its primary villains for the series’ upcoming Season 2 on the CW. Nick Tarabay (The Expanse) will play the series regular role of Eclipso and Jonathan Cake (The Affair) will recur as The Shade. Additionally Ysa Penarejo (Project Mc2) will recur as an undisclosed DC character.

Stargirl creator/EP Geoff Johns teased the upcoming Eclipso and The Shade DC characters earlier this month at New York Comic Con. “Eclipso is so terrifying. I’ve always loved the character, and he’s a very different antagonist or villain than the [Injustice Society of America],” Johns said. He added that The Shade is “the most powerful of them all, and very threatening because no one knows exactly what he wants.”

Tarabay’s Eclipso is one of the main antagonists set to clash with Stargirl’s Justice Society of America in Season 2. Eclipso is a life essence trapped inside a blue diamond. Once owned by the Injustice Society of America, that diamond was stolen in Season 1 by DeLacy’s Cindy, which will result in problems for the JSA going forward. Eclipso is an ancient entity of corruption and vengeance. Brimming with a cold, terrifying darkness, he exploits the flaws of others, reveling in the impure and sinful, sadistically feeding off the dark side of humanity.

Cake’s The Shade, an English immortal, is a classic antihero from DC Comics who wields magical shadow powers. Tall and slim with an elegant 19th century way to his speech and manners, he masks the horrors he’s experienced and people he’s lost in all the time alive with wry, witty retorts and a false sense that nothing really matters.

https://deadline.com/2020/10/stargir...ng-1234602795/
Old 10-27-2020, 05:09 AM   #98
drgon78
Mad Scientist

Sounds like season 2 will be very interesting.
drgon78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 02:35 PM   #99
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Jim Gaffigan is cast as the voice of CGI Thunderbolt

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/dc...9804#gs.k42yir

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 11-05-2020 at 03:18 PM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 02:36 PM   #100
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Jim Gaffigan is cast as Thunderbolt

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/tv/dc...9804#gs.k42yir
Huh. Well, good for him. Just what this show needs... more Hot Pockets.

Tags
dead sister