The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-30-2020, 04:07 PM   #21
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

Did anyone else think that the mayor of that town Sypha and Trevor was going to turn out to be "death?"

Hector...holy crap. When will this guy get his moment to shine? Just about every character he has come across has made him face (f)uck the pavement in some over the top demeaning manner. I am am torn between thinking he deserves everything that is happening to him because what he is experiencing is pretty much what he wanted for all of humanity to suffer at the hands of vampires and feeling bad for him. Because Hector for all his screwed up actions seems to be genuinely mentally...I don't even know...but he seems incapable of taking control of his life and taking responsibility for anything. I want him to have some agency.

Spoiler:
Lenore is an interesting character and the only one of Carmilla's group who I feel is actually interesting and worth a damn. I find Carmilla annoying and the other are just blah, so far. I both hate Lenore for the depraved deceitful trick she pulled and appreciate what a ruthlessly EVIL, calculating, and ingenious piece of work she is. If nothing else I like how she comes off as soft, demure, weak she seems at first and to discover she is the worst one of them all. I want Hector to turn the tables on her so bad (and I think there is a loophole in those slave rings he can exploit), she so deserves it but at the same time I appreciate how good at being a demon she is.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 04:28 PM   #22
CyberCubed
Overlord

Are the 4 vampire women sisters or lesbians? Because two of them seem in love with each other...so are they...lesbian sisters? Incest?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 05:01 PM   #23
Sage Ninja
Band of the Hawk

they are sister in name, not blood.

the literary Camilla vampire was a lesbian though. So far this fictionalized version of her has not shown any same sex attraction to anyone. Though that could change. Lenore so far has shown to be heterosexual.

Cassandra: You won't fight me, but will you fight...for HIM?

~Cassandra's Revenge

~Tangled the Series
Sage Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 06:06 PM   #24
Sumac
Banned

Haven't watched the show and not even sure if I like it.
That said, from what I've heard they took story into its own direction.

And I wonder if they incorporate Laura into the series?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 08:17 AM   #25
CyberCubed
Overlord

At this point it's basically Castlevania in name only. Sure they use some of the same characters and you'll recognize some of the monsters from the games, but the story is just all new as well as the direction they go in.

I mean the classic Castlevania games never had much story anyway since they were old 2D games on NES/SNES, etc, so I guess it doesn't really matter.
Old 07-01-2020, 07:33 PM   #26
Leo656
The Franchise

Man, this sounded good and I kinda wanted to check it out... but it sounds like it really ain't that good after the first Season. I'unno, should I bother? I kinda still want to.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 07:47 PM   #27
CyberCubed
Overlord

The show only has 22 episodes so far (and next season might be the last one), so it's so short that even if you don't care for it you can get through it quickly. The entire show is just the length of one season of any regular show.
Old 07-01-2020, 08:31 PM   #28
Leo656
The Franchise

That makes sense, pal. If I see it cheap again I'll snag it.

Old 07-02-2020, 06:35 AM   #29
Voltron
Handsomest Boy in School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Man, this sounded good and I kinda wanted to check it out... but it sounds like it really ain't that good after the first Season. I'unno, should I bother? I kinda still want to.
The second season was the best one, in my opinion. Though the first season was the truest to the source material. The third season is a weird departure. It's fun, but I'd hesitate to call it Castlevania. Those last couple episodes were a wild ride, too.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:28 AM   #30
Leo656
The Franchise

I mean, if there's really not even that many episodes then I don't have anything to lose. I'll give it a shot one'a these days. I just wanna find it cheap.

Old 07-08-2020, 05:05 AM   #31
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Getting a little further now. Yeah, they're just having a good old time now. Screwing around in Trevor/Hector stuff. I doubt they'll move past this. They're just making up new characters and stuff now.

Last edited by Andrew NDB; 07-08-2020 at 05:26 PM.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2020, 07:52 PM   #32
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Finished season 3 now. Wow, what a total waste of a season.

Basically Trevor and Sypha stumble upon some town they made up with made up characters (except for St. Germain) who it turns out are trying to bring back Dracula. They stop them and Dracula never comes back. Alucard plays host to two kids who he has sex with and then kills. Hector gets abused a lot by made-up vampire characters. Isaac goes after Carmilla but then decides to take out a possessed town instead.

That's it, that's what happened. They'll need to skip a bunch of years to even get to the "Curse of Darkness" stuff with Hector vs. Isaac... and I'm not even sure how they'd make it work now. Hector would need to escape the made-up vampire ladies, get a fiancee, Rosaly, who'd then be killed by Isaac.
Old 07-14-2020, 05:24 AM   #33
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

Not sure what to make of this

https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...nsmetropolitan
Old 07-14-2020, 05:53 AM   #34
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
Did you mean to post this here on purpose? Just curious.

Hmm. Interesting situation. Did everyone consent? Did anything illegal happen? Yes and No, apparently, although he's definitely, definitely a shady character all the same. But them's the breaks. Back In My Day, we called these guys "players" (or "playaz" if you prefer), and nobody was unaware that they existed. If you were a girl, you were taught from an early age to be well aware of them, although that never seemed to stop anyone from falling for them anyway.

I'unno. They say "full and informed consent was never possible" with this guy, and I admit, he's apparently quite the lying scuzzball. But again, once upon a time it wasn't just automatically assumed that people were who they said they were, or that any virtue they displayed at any point was genuine.

Maybe it's because most of my family are women, but I was raised with the basic idea that all men really care or think about is getting trim, and that the women are supposed to know that's all they care about and adjust their dealings with them based on that information.

19 rotating chicks at once is a bit excessive, sure, but again, if someone can pull that off, then they will. Some people are shocked by this? Why? I don't get it.

If you're female, and a guy's even talking to you, odds are good that he'd poke ya if you offered and has probably at least once thought about how that might work. I don't know why anyone ever expects anything different. It would be NICE if people weren't like that, but... they are.

Meh. I'unno. Dude obviously is a bit of a sociopath and could use a bit of empathy for other people. But if I'm a woman, and a guy with any sort of "clout" is offering to "mentor" me in any chosen field, I'm immediately gonna assume that he's trying to get in my pants and has already done the same thing with others, and I'm at the absolute least gonna keep one eye open to the situation as it unfolds.

I mean, Christ, once a guy tells you that "I'm in an open relationship", he's all but telling you that he's a philanderer. Men aren't the ones who claim "open relationships", women are the ones who do that, when they're with a cuck and the relationship is "stable" but still wanna fool around with better-looking guys. Guys only say they're in an "open relationship" if they're cheating on their partner and want you to think it's not scummy. And remember, if they're cheating WITH you, then they're also cheating ON you, 100% of the time, and you're supposed to remember that, too. There's RULES to these things, dammit! People are supposed to know The Rules! If you don't take the time to learn The Rules, and then you get played, well... that's kinda on you, I figure.

On the flip side, for guys, among other things there's "Don't take strippers home." Like if you can pull it off, then f*ck 'em, but you don't DATE 'em, you don't actually hang out with them once the "transaction" is over with. Again, there's "Rules", whether you're a guy or a girl. "Ignorance of the law is no excuse" and all that.

Sounds to me like a bunch of women got played. They were fine being "The Other Woman" until it happened to them. The sheer number of women he was able to juggle is a bit much, sure, but again, if you can manage it, then You Win. But they all knew they were with A Guy Who Cheats right from the jump, pretty much, at least in many of the cases, so... well I don't wanna be mean, but how naive can a person be, anyway? Come on.

Guy rocks a goat beard AND a fedora, man. He might as well be wearing a sign that says "I pretend to be nice so women will have sex with me" in big giant block letters.

Last edited by Leo656; 07-14-2020 at 06:10 AM.
Old 07-14-2020, 06:30 AM   #35
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime

It's a shame that the reputation of the Fedora has gone downhill in the last few years or so. They're still cool hats if you ask me
Old 07-14-2020, 07:17 AM   #36
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Press charges or it's nothing. Period.
Old 07-14-2020, 07:28 AM   #37
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
It's a shame that the reputation of the Fedora has gone downhill in the last few years or so. They're still cool hats if you ask me
Oh, indeed. I own one myself, since oh, about 1991 or so, when I was a huge Dick Tracy fanatic (It's not yellow, though. ). Of course, I haven't actually worn it since about 1994 or so, on account of, y'know... mullet. Some things just don't mesh well. Although that Jericho guy seems to pull it off, but that dude's nuts. Guy wears a scarf!

It's a cool hat that's come to be associated with a certain, unfortunate type of person in recent times. It gives off a certain "signal"; like when you see a guy who wears socks with sandals, or sandals at all, really. You don't even have to start a conversation with them to know that you're dealing with a monster. No sane person represents themselves to the world that way, is all.

Some things just tell you lots of information about a person without it needing to be spoken. In my case, a person might see my haircut and guess, "I bet you anything that guy, at one point in his life, owned a Chevy Camaro with a V8 Iroc engine, lifts weights in his driveway, and gets way too enthusiastic when Bon Jovi comes on the radio." And that person would be absolutely right. Once more, if you can't read the signals then you need more training, simple as that.

Old 07-14-2020, 07:33 AM   #38
AquaParade
Banned

Pretty bad behavior, but I?m not sure it actually deserves to be public discourse.

Lmao, Leo, you have a strong argument. I’m not sure I’m fully on board but I’m not denying it yet either.

Last edited by AquaParade; 07-14-2020 at 07:38 AM.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 07:46 AM   #39
Leo656
The Franchise

It's all in the handbook. If The Society catches you rocking a mullet but you never had the Iroc Z they send people to your house to cut it off in your sleep because you haven't earned the privilege to wear your hair like that.

There's Rules as to how people present themselves, and what it all means. Lots and lots of Rules. Nobody ever leaves the house looking like an idiot on purpose without serious ulterior motives.

Old 07-14-2020, 09:25 AM   #40
Sumac
Banned

19 women is a bit excessive, but, damn, that takes skill.
As long as everyone consented and was not taken advantage of, then they can just **** off and stop pretending to be kids, who can't take responsibility for their actions.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote