The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 09-29-2018, 09:35 PM   #41
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

I think it would just be an observation on how the "branches" of the afterlife work.

Right now, we don't really know where Yoshi and the boys (what a band name!) went between worlds.

Shen is kind of in the same vague purgatory as Darius, she's just made hers really fancy.

Krang is haunting Leatherhead (and I think Krang was being haunted by Quanin, because he basically abandoned him during Utrominion's last fall).

And Shredder is in Hell because he was apparently destined for it. Which...kinda sucks for him because it was more likely something Kitsune set him up over the years; It would be logical if his previous lives had gone through the same before being reborn. Which again...sucks for Shredder.
Old 09-30-2018, 05:52 AM   #42
Igglet

This is all starting to make me wonder if we're going to get any info about what Shen really is in this mini. She's just one big enigma at this point, at least for me. Isn't she just a regular woman? How does she have the abilities to contact her children from the afterlife? Sure, the Turtles and Splinter are pretty special but she's just supposed to be a normal person.

It's a plot thread that's been present for longer than almost any other unresolved story in IDW. I hope they do give us some sort of explanation eventually and Shredder in Hell seems like the perfect time to do that.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:40 PM   #43
Coola Yagami
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by neatoman View Post
I'm not sure how a pool of blood and skulls with an octopus in it, reminds you of a blossoming cherry tree on a flowery field with stuffed animals marching. And honestly, I'm not sure I want to know.

The fact that the classic representation of hell would be a paradise for Freeza. He'd probably spend the rest of his afterlife walking around torturing lesser demons.

I'm pretty sure sugar and rainbows would be insane torture for Shredder as well.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 03:08 AM   #44
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Mateus posted another sneak peek on his tumblr
Old 10-11-2018, 05:17 AM   #45
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utrommaniac View Post
Mateus posted another sneak peek on his tumblr
https://66.media.tumblr.com/feb086c6...z28o1_1280.jpg
That is incredible - I might just have to make a poster it for my wall.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 06:57 AM   #46
Igglet

Mateus has been posting a lot of sneak peaks to the mini on his Twitter, actually. I suggest checking it out, there's some cool stuff in there.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:00 PM   #47
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I like how Shredder somehow has this allure of savage bad-assery to roam freely in hell and possibly find some way to escape it. I mean dude, he's still just a human, and here he's prancing around as if he had the powers and abilities of Freeza or Black Adam. But damn, does that awesome art and his cool IDW design really prove he demands that much fear and respect.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:15 AM   #48
bushido
Stone Warrior

Interview with Mateus Santolouco about Shredder in Hell:

https://previewsworld.com/Article/22...Self-Awakening

Old 11-20-2018, 02:35 AM   #49
Igglet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushido View Post
Considering all of the "self-awakening" stuff, I'm gonna go ahead and guess that either Shredder is going to become a sort of a reluctant ally of the turtles or he's going to become even more dangerous.
Old 11-20-2018, 09:39 AM   #50
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igglet View Post
Considering all of the "self-awakening" stuff, I'm gonna go ahead and guess that either Shredder is going to become a sort of a reluctant ally of the turtles or he's going to become even more dangerous.
Splinter as an antagonist and Shredder as an ally would be groundbreaking af! Sign me up!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 12:09 PM   #51
AquaParade
Banned

If that's a variant cover, I'm buyin.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 01:00 PM   #52
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Interview with Mateus Santolouco about Shredder in Hell:

https://previewsworld.com/Article/22...Self-Awakening
Quote:
It’s important to say that this is not an effort to turn him into a good guy, but ultimately to make him more human and less cartoony.
I love how Mateus doesn't outright deny it...

Quote:
Diggin' that Fighting Fantasy vibe!
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 03:54 PM   #53
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

But he hasn't been either this whole time?

Unless he just means in general?
Old 11-20-2018, 04:33 PM   #54
spookycookies
Stone Warrior

The IDW version of Shredder I can see aligning with the Turtles if only to take down the Dragon Lord.
spookycookies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 04:41 PM   #55
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Oh yeah, for sure.

Especially with the divisions between the Hamato and the Foot have been so serious for so long. It would take something that drastic to even things out.

Though, they did try that with the Technodrome and look where that ended up. I guess Shredder would be taking an alliance with more weight with Dragon Lord stuff, though. Since it's something that would potentially have been tampering with his life and existence.