The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Old 06-24-2018, 01:42 PM   #181
TurtleWA
Foot Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Very too early to be believable, but nonetheless... go to your room!

I tried.
TurtleWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:38 PM   #182
CyberCubed
Overlord

So is this a third movie to the Platinum Dunes films, or another reboot/new take?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:56 PM   #183
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Well, it's going to be a third Platinum Dunes film either way, sequel or not.

Some sources say reboot, though other sources say it isn't really confirmed if it is or not. Some make it sound like its a franchise reboot, but the wording on some sound like it could be a reboot of PD's own version and in that case who knows quite what they mean.

So... for now, unknown.

Although I do look forward to seeing if the Turtles' actors get any request to return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleWA View Post
I tried.
Cookie for effort.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 04:57 PM   #184
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
So is this a third movie to the Platinum Dunes films, or another reboot/new take?
You're trolling now. But the best answer would be, "It's a second attempt at a TMNT movie franchise under Nick/Viacom by the same studio subcontractor... presumably with whoever was deemed to be 'at fault' for the failure of OotS being replaced by other, new more fresh-faced corporate shills."
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 06:04 PM   #185
Donaterro
Thug

Quote:
Well, it's going to be a third Platinum Dunes film either way, sequel or not.

Some sources say reboot, though other sources say it isn't really confirmed if it is or not. Some make it sound like its a franchise reboot, but the wording on some sound like it could be a reboot of PD's own version and in that case who knows quite what they mean.

So... for now, unknown.

Although I do look forward to seeing if the Turtles' actors get any request to return.

Cookie for effort. https://i.imgur.com/neEku0T.gif
I don't really understand, why the love for the actors? Personally if they're mo-capping I'd like some guys with martial arts skills, plus shorter actors so they can be the size they're meant to be (around 5 ft).

If you enjoyed their voice work, then I understand it, but personally I'd like them to scrap most everything and give us something of quality.
Donaterro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 07:15 PM   #186
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

They were a good match for them. Whoever managed to not only find four guys that were a good fit for each of the Turtles but also with each other... that casting person is very good at their job. If not this, I'd be glad to see Pete come back to voice Leo again in a series or something someday. However, as I meant in particular, hearing something from them (or not) in the coming weeks/months would also give us more of an idea what this film is intended to be.

As for this one... maybe I'll be proven wrong, but chances are high that they end up using CGI again, which won't even matter for the height of the actors as they can still fit their recorded mocap motions to scaled down characters. In that case CGI even makes casting easier, because you could hire a great martial arts double even though he (or she) is not 5' tall.

You also realize that regular actors and their stunt guys tend to share the work, right? Believe it or not, the prior PD films DID have some martial artists involved for the Turtles, but the film makers ultimately failed to include much of it at all.

For example, as taken from IMDB (for 2014):

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0884497/..._=nm_ov_bio_sm
Quote:
Jon Valera - stunt double: Leonardo (uncredited) / stunt double: Michelangelo (uncredited)

From his bio 'trivia':

Some of his Martial Arts stats are: 1995 Nr. 1 Korean Forms Champion, 1996 Otomix World Forms Champion, 1997 ISKA World Forms and Weapons Champion, US WAKO World Team Member, Member Team Paul Mitchell, 1998 ISKA World Forms and Weapons Champion.

In 1995, he regained his number 1 rank after recovering from a back injury. He competed at and won many NASKA and WAKO championships. He is now also a member of several stunt service teams.

He began his training in Freestyle Karate at the age of eight in 1984 and traveled the circuit in 1988. He also trained in Tae Kwon Do, Aikido, Kempo and Kickboxing. He earned the number one title his second year, dominating the junior division in forms, weapons and sparring.
(A few more stunt guys are associated with the Turtles but only vary basic bio info so it's hard to say what they did for the film.)

Spoiler:
Unrelated, but I'm now confused and curious about this one. lol
Quote:
Derrick Simmons - stunt double: Whoopi Goldberg (uncredited)
Aside the fact that it's a guy... double for what exactly?

edit:

Pulled this from an old post here, but ran across some competition videos of him too. Fully PD's own fault if they didn't use this guy more.

Last edited by IndigoErth; 06-24-2018 at 07:39 PM.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:24 PM   #187
oldmanwinters
Overlord

Quote:
Spoiler:

Maybe it was a contractual hire for "just in case" the director wanted to write "Burne" into a big action scene.

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:05 PM   #188
Donaterro
Thug

Quote:
They were a good match for them. Whoever managed to not only find four guys that were a good fit for each of the Turtles but also with each other... that casting person is very good at their job. If not this, I'd be glad to see Pete come back to voice Leo again in a series or something someday. However, as I meant in particular, hearing something from them (or not) in the coming weeks/months would also give us more of an idea what this film is intended to be.

As for this one... maybe I'll be proven wrong, but chances are high that they end up using CGI again, which won't even matter for the height of the actors as they can still fit their recorded mocap motions to scaled down characters. In that case CGI even makes casting easier, because you could hire a great martial arts double even though he (or she) is not 5' tall.

You also realize that regular actors and their stunt guys tend to share the work, right? Believe it or not, the prior PD films DID have some martial artists involved for the Turtles, but the film makers ultimately failed to include much of it at all.

For example, as taken from IMDB (for 2014):

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0884497/..._=nm_ov_bio_sm

(A few more stunt guys are associated with the Turtles but only vary basic bio info so it's hard to say what they did for the film.)

Spoiler:

edit:

Pulled this from an old post here, but ran across some competition videos of him too. Fully PD's own fault if they didn't use this guy more.
I'll admit I don't know as much about movie production as you do, but I know garbage when I see it.

Nothing but a full scale reboot will give this a shot in hell.
Donaterro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 03:40 PM   #189
ranger_scout
Foot Elite

A couple of actors who I think would be good choices for the turtles would be Jeremy Shada and Logan Lerman. They bring plenty of youthful energy to many of their roles, Shada especially.

ETA: I also think Alden Ehrenreich and Ansel Elgort would be terrific as well.
ranger_scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 08:26 PM   #190
Xav
Foot Elite

How the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Movies Can Get Back On Track
Xav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 09:28 PM   #191
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker

Garbage article.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:03 PM   #192
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Just a little blip...

Quote:
https://movieweb.com/friday-the-13th...cer-new-movie/

Friday the 13th is not the only franchise that Andrew Form has (or had) his hands on, but it seems to be the only series he actually wants to pursue. Form is also responsible for producing the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise, but based on his comments, even the Turtles aren't as high of a priority for Form as Friday the 13th. Here's what he said.
Quote:
"Friday the 13th is the one for us, because we were so close to filming that version about a year and a half ago, and we loved the screenplay we had and we were so close on that one. I think that's the one out of everything we've done in the past, except for [Teenage Mutant Ninja] Turtles... We hope to bring another Turtles movie out. But I think Jason is the one right now for us that we'd love to get our hands on."
Going by other parts of the article (that I didn't post due to un-Turtlelyness) Mr. Form sounds a tad obsessed with Friday the 13th. If that francise is "the one for them" in his view, then I kind of wish they could/would just get that done with so the Turtles can maybe then be important enough to get a better film.
Old 07-01-2018, 04:31 PM   #193
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Bring in John Bishop and some Triceratons.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:36 PM   #194
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Mr. Form sounds a tad obsessed with Friday the 13th. If that francise is "the one for them" in his view, then I kind of wish they could/would just get that done with so the Turtles can maybe then be important enough to get a better film.
Nothing at all can be done with the Friday the 13th brand because the guy who wrote the original script is suing, claiming that he owns the entire franchise, despite having zero involvement with any part of it in over 30 years.

Until that mess is resolved, Friday the 13th is in limbo. Just to clarify.

Hollywood is a sh*tty business full of even worse people.

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:29 AM   #195
neatoman
Emperor

Nope, not taking CBR seriously.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:23 AM   #196
shredder orokusaki
Mad Scientist

2016 movie was failure because i didnt fight the turtles. Just like the third movie of the 1990's was failure because i wasnt there fighting and destroying evrything. It was just foot ninjas and bebop and rockteady with Krang. Krang robot body didnt even wear sunglasses and red underwear like it should so that was another reason for the failure of the movie but main reason was because i wanst there fighting and leading the foot .

For next movie to be a succes i must fight and kill splinter like i did in 2012 series but also hurt krang pretty bad. Also krang must have a new robot body similar to the classic one!
Old 07-04-2018, 11:39 AM   #197
newfan
Mad Scientist

I would take a better Shredder in the movie.

So long as the story is better, the designs could be toned down/adjusted a bit to be more acceptable and it's not meant to be like Rise then I'm happy, I mean a great movie would be more welcome of course, but thinking of what we might hope for.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 01:25 PM   #198
The Deadman
Foot Elite

looking forward to this

Last Movie Watched: Infested (2023).
Last TV Show Watched: Ghosts US (S1:E10).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:40 AM   #199
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by shredder orokusaki View Post
2016 movie was failure because i didnt fight the turtles.
But you did in the 2014 film, and it wasn't the greatest success.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 08:50 AM   #200
AlessandraDC
Thug

I would love to see an origin story similar to IDW and 2012 - in the sense that I'd like to see a human Yoshi and Saki when they were actually friends, "brothers". I really liked Splinter's characterization in the Nick cartoons too.
AlessandraDC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
just.. why?, kill me now, papenbrook the troll, thedefinitionofinsanity, vote of no confidence