The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 06-27-2015, 07:27 AM   #261
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, I don't remember Tigress either, but I can't wait to see what else happens.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 11:47 AM   #262
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

She'll be the 4th person to use the Tigress persona.

I'll be a bit disappointed if she does not wear any of the amazing costumes associated with Tigress.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 11:27 AM   #263
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
I'm not familiar with her. Sounds interesting though. Any word on when the new season starts? I'm anxious to see what Bruce and Alfred found behind the fireplace!
There have been 3 Tigress' in the comics. All one family tho.

The first one appeared in Action Comics #1 in 1938 as an enemy of Zatara. The 2nd one was her daughter Paula Brooks (who also went by the name Huntress but is not to be confused with the heroes of the same name..) who is the mother of the current Tigress that was featured in the Young Justice toon, Artimis Crock.

There was also another Tigress in Batman Beyond but she has nothing to do with the Brooks/Crock family as far as Im aware.

So Tabitha is actually the 5th Tigress and the 2nd one that is not related to the Brooks/Crock family (unless it's revealed the Galavan's ARE related somewhere along the lines. ).

Gotham returns Sept 21st.
Old 06-28-2015, 04:09 PM   #264
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Glad to see there's a premiere date. Can't wait for that.

Old 06-29-2015, 03:22 AM   #265
TLP
Hench Mutant

I'm still bothered by the fact that Bruce's future enemies are going to be older than him by the time he puts on the cowl. Some by a long mile.

I don't know, that just doesn't sit right with me.
TLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:32 PM   #266
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLP View Post
I'm still bothered by the fact that Bruce's future enemies are going to be older than him by the time he puts on the cowl. Some by a long mile.
2 Face, Riddler, and Penguin are way older than him yes but Scarecrow, Joker, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, and a couple others are all around his age.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:01 PM   #267
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Check out this Gotham frieze that includes Victor Fries! *lol* And Joker and Penguin and Catwoman and

https://instagram.com/gothamonfox/
Old 07-10-2015, 01:30 PM   #268
Wesley
Mad Scientist

I've only watched some episodes of Gotham, but I thought the season one finale was good. However, I think the show isn't as good as other shows on the air at the moment like Agents of Shield and Person of Interest. The show suffers from an identity crisis and there is too much going on at times. Also, there some scenes in the show that was supposed to serious but came off as cheesy to me.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2015, 04:36 PM   #269
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

"The Goldbergs" actress Natalie Alyn Lind has been cast as Silver St. Cloud. She's of course (just like in the comics) gonna be a love interest for Bruce (geesh...the kid is only 12 and he's got all these older girls falling for him. Silver is 15..altho she looks mid 20's..).

Also Silver is the niece of Tigress and Theo Galvan. Like her Aunt and Uncle she's gonna be a bad guy (which she totally isn't in the comics).

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...ilver-st-cloud
Old 07-17-2015, 05:37 PM   #270
Electric
Epic Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley View Post
I've only watched some episodes of Gotham, but I thought the season one finale was good. However, I think the show isn't as good as other shows on the air at the moment like Agents of Shield and Person of Interest. The show suffers from an identity crisis and there is too much going on at times. Also, there some scenes in the show that was supposed to serious but came off as cheesy to me.
You're not alone, but I've read somewhere that season 2 is going to be mainly focused on developing the villains, and moving Bruce along, which to me is where this show stands out and does best. Riddler and scarecrows beginning transformations, penguins climb up gothams underworld, selinas development were to me the best plots in the first season. With season 2, joker will get more, as well as introducing mr freeze, and I'd be surprised if we didn't see a bit more of poison ivy and two face as well. Season one was a mix of a crime/detective show with a huge focus on the mobs, but that is apparently getting toned way down in season 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLP View Post

I don't know, that just doesn't sit right with me.
Ivy is younger, catwoman joker? and scarecrow are about the same age, penguin, riddler and two face only seem to be a little bit older as they're all young in their career. With the exception of two face, as I always thought he was about the same age as batman, these ages are all pretty accurate.
Old 07-19-2015, 02:51 PM   #271
Wesley
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric View Post
You're not alone, but I've read somewhere that season 2 is going to be mainly focused on developing the villains, and moving Bruce along, which to me is where this show stands out and does best. Riddler and scarecrows beginning transformations, penguins climb up gothams underworld, selinas development were to me the best plots in the first season. With season 2, joker will get more, as well as introducing mr freeze, and I'd be surprised if we didn't see a bit more of poison ivy and two face as well. Season one was a mix of a crime/detective show with a huge focus on the mobs, but that is apparently getting toned way down in season 2.
I agree that the show is at its best when it focuses on the villains. I thought the Penguin stole every scene that he was in. I liked his odd friendship with Gordon in season one. Harvey Bullock is an interesting and funny character as well.
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 03:07 PM   #272
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

I would like to see Chief O' Hara introduced after some of the coruption within the force is weeded out. I always wanted d to see him used in a more serious tone and thought he and Bullock could have an interesting dynamic.

Silver St. Cloud the famous flame of Bruce Wayne despite lasting only a few issues. Is she supposed to be flirting competition for Selina? Gotham does its own thing as it seemed best to keep her in Bruce's adult life.

TLP, I agree anout the ages being off. Only Selina and Pamela are Bruce's age if I am not mistaken.When introduced Hush eill be ss well. Now, if this was during Brice's seven year trainning sabbatical then it would be more acceptable of the ages being off by a little. Riddler and Two Face or what mid 20s'? Penguin not much younger? Scarecrow is what 16/17? Black Mask and Zsasz are already well into their criminal careers. While Black Mask should be within Bruce's age bracket Zsasz I believe is one of a few not necccessarily tied to that.

Last edited by MikeandRaph87; 07-19-2015 at 03:13 PM.
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 12:40 AM   #273
Hero
British Bloke

Was Chief O'Hara used in any Batman canon other than the 66 show? Would like to see a Gotham version of the character.
Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 01:00 AM   #274
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
Was Chief O'Hara used in any Batman canon other than the 66 show? Would like to see a Gotham version of the character.
He was used in a little over half dozen brief appearances usually in shadow or the voice over the phone from the late 60s to early 80s. He did have a presence during Huntress Helena Wayne's adventures giving thr Earth-2 counterparte an actual character rather than a behind the scenes tease. In The Dark Victory mini-series the Hangman killer killed him as the first victim of the cop slayings. So its possible in current DC cannon he is dead. I always thought the character had potential instead of a stereotype and joke. Gotham is the perfect format for this.
Old 07-21-2015, 10:18 PM   #275
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Michael Chiklis is leaving the Marvel universe for the DC! He has joined the cast of "Gotham" as a GCPD Captain named Nathaniel Barnes.

Quote:
“[Barnes] lands on the GCPD like a tornado,” “Gotham’s” producers tell the outlet, “ripping out the dead wood of Gotham’s police force. He is a law and order zealot; unafraid of making enemies – on either side of the law. For Gordon, Barnes is a hero and a mentor, someone with whom he can share the burden of heroism. Captain Barnes proves himself to be a strong ally to Gordon… but one day he will make an equally powerful enemy.”
Sounds like a right charming fellow

http://www.superherohype.com/news/34...eads-to-gotham
Old 07-22-2015, 10:55 AM   #276
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Interesting to see these other characters are coming up. Can't wait for Barnes for sure.

Old 08-17-2015, 05:37 PM   #277
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Michelle Veintimilla has been cast as a female Firefly! Well uh that's different. Perhaps she ends up being the mother of the Firefly from the comics??

Quote:
Enslaved by her brothers, a notorious gang of arsonists, Bridgit Pike is forced into the family business. When she catches the eye of Selina Kyle, the young Cat Woman and the soon-to-be-Firefly team up to put Bridgit’s firestarting skills to good use. But after a deadly encounter with the Pike Brothers, the meek Cinderella is transformed into a vengeful supervillain, hell bent on destroying those who have wronged her.
Well at least this gives Selina a new friend...

http://comicbook.com/2015/08/17/goth...or-season-two/
Old 08-18-2015, 08:22 AM   #278
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Oooh, that sounds awesome! Can't wait to see Selina team up with her.

Old 08-25-2015, 04:32 PM   #279
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter

Our first look at the uh Bat-Office...

As you can see there's at least one object that has the Batman insignia on it.

Spoiler:

http://comicbook.com/2015/08/25/goth...rground-office
Old 08-26-2015, 07:54 AM   #280
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Whoa. That's awesome. I definitely can't wait for that.

Tags
cuckfall, cuckham, cuckmissioner gordon, god i love being a sjw, got ham