The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Old 07-26-2021, 05:32 PM   #61
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypered1 View Post
Either way Sophie's run will end after four more issues; there's an interview linked on her Twitter where she mentions that she's looking forward to working on new projects and there's also some art from a Superman project that she is currently drawing on there too.
But do we know for sure if that's when it ends? She could be taking on new projects in addition to TMNT, I think she has already been working on several at the same time in the past months. And four more issues after what, #118 or #122?
ChosenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 05:35 PM   #62
Coola Yagami
Overlord

I like how everyone pretty much misses the point that the book sucks, and rather than fix it IDW would rather let the book get cancelled if it comes to it.

Sophie didn't create the TMNT, it's technically not HER story. Fans have a right to complain, and ignoring them and continuing to do what you're doing when you know it's not working is just stupid.

It's like the Simpsons, just on-going despite nobody liking it anymore, except unlike with them, IDW and and will pull the plug on TMNT and end the series.

I have no sympathy for these people. They started off great, but now they're ruining the series, and you think purposely dragging it out to piss off the fans that are already pissed is good thing, get the hell out of here. You clearly don't give two ***** about the Turtles and don't belong here.

If you want the fans to stop complaining, make good stories. Like NOW.

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 05:39 PM   #63
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChosenOne View Post
But do we know for sure if that's when it ends? She could be taking on new projects in addition to TMNT, I think she has already been working on several at the same time in the past months. And four more issues after what, #118 or #122?
Four more after #119, so up to #123 as has previously been stated.
hypered1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 05:43 PM   #64
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Thank you. In more ways than one.
Old 07-26-2021, 05:51 PM   #65
AquaParade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Fans have a right to complain, and ignoring them and continuing to do what you're doing when you know it's not working is just stupid.
I think everyone agrees on the bolded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
If you want the fans to stop complaining, make good stories. Like NOW.
They don't care if the fans complain. They care whether the book sells. It's why you can't buy the book if you don't support the direction. It sucks, but that's the most effective way to send a message.

I guess we can get into the debate as to whether IDW is willing to let the book tank. I'm questioning the rationale here as of late though. It's like people think IDW is above chasing dollars. I keep hearing that they are going to let this book die as the sales dwindle and that there won't be The Last Ronin spin-offs, both of which sound crazy to me. There is no agenda for IDW that is going to be more enticing than the almighty dollar. I'm guessing that Sophie is cheaper than the combination of Tom and Kevin were by the end of their contract. I'd be surprised if that wasn't the case. So maybe they are willing to let sales dip a tad on this book, seeing as it is cheaper to produce, and they are also busy funding The Last Ronin and raking in sales over there. I doubt they'd let it die though, it's one of their top-selling books.

But I guess it's good that we can all disagree. Keeps things interesting.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 05:55 PM   #66
Skethis
New Recruit

Quote:
"CBH: So the plan right now is this is an ongoing, you’re on it until you decide otherwise. Which is for…

Sophie Campbell: The foreseeable future. I won’t be drawing as much because I have to, like, you know, I like I have to go off and have to finish my shadow eyes book. And I have some other stuff I have to do, that I can’t talk about, but, you know, I’ll still be writing it. I’m still going to draw #123 even though it’s not a final issue anymore. Um, so yeah, that’s gonna be good. I’m excited about it."

A partial transcript of the podcast can be found at https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...EegQIAhAF&ep=6

This was as of June 22nd but could have changed since then. The idea was for #123 to be her final issue (which she would also draw) before Tom Waltz returned. But Waltz is now focused on Last Ronin and the interview seems to imply potential plans after Last Ronin that Waltz will be involved with (be they TMNT or otherwise). It's also left unclear how the Armageddon Game is going to function as an ongoing event - something like Universe? or interwoven with the main series? - Campbell discusses potential collaboration with Waltz.
Skethis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 07:05 PM   #67
CyberCubed
Overlord

Yeah issue 123 isn't her last issue anymore, so I would assume between issues 130-140 might be it unless she really does go up to issue 150.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:43 PM   #68
hypered1
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Yeah issue 123 isn't her last issue anymore, so I would assume between issues 130-140 might be it unless she really does go up to issue 150.
Where has this been reported?
Old 07-26-2021, 11:45 PM   #69
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Where has this been reported?
Literally the post right above Cubed's has a quote about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skethis View Post
"CBH: So the plan right now is this is an ongoing, you’re on it until you decide otherwise. Which is for…

Sophie Campbell: The foreseeable future. I won’t be drawing as much because I have to, like, you know, I like I have to go off and have to finish my shadow eyes book. And I have some other stuff I have to do, that I can’t talk about, but, you know, I’ll still be writing it. I’m still going to draw #123 even though it’s not a final issue anymore. Um, so yeah, that’s gonna be good. I’m excited about it."

"I left some words quite far from here to be a short reminder...
I laid them out in stone, in case they need to last forever..."

"But hey... I'm not telling you anything that you don't already know."
nWo Tech: The Official Thread Poison of the Technodrome Forums
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxr...awnHgDz1ceDcfA
https://theroxxshow.blogspot.com/
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 11:49 PM   #70
hypered1
Mad Scientist

No that just states she's going to be less involved after #123, it doesn't outright state she's staying on as the main writer.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:54 PM   #71
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
No that just states she's going to be less involved after #123, it doesn't outright state she's staying on as the main writer.
It says she'll be drawing it less but still writing it. I don't see how anyone could misinterpret that.

Old 07-27-2021, 07:39 AM   #72
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Yet that's exactly what they've been doing since #101, catering to the Twitter crowd.

So you're saying Waltz managed to have more plates spinning at any one given time while developing the main characters more, staging intriguing conflicts, sowing the seeds of future plots, and all while making it all tie neatly together in the end of a 100-issue run. Good to know we're on the same page. I can pretty much guarantee the "multiple hints and clues of what might come in later stories" thing isn't being thrown in of Campbell's own volition, but instead as the result of the much-vaunted editorial oversight. I get what you're trying to say but Jaws doesn't come across as "extreme" enough of an example of that other style. How about Lord of the Rings (Waltz) vs Kill Bill (Campbell)?
Now you have me picturing jenikka dressed as the bride taking on the foot and karai all alone with the kill bill theme music playing. But it's also a good comparison one being an epic and the other being a journey of revenge.

Last edited by lonewarrior20; 07-27-2021 at 07:45 AM.
lonewarrior20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 07:48 AM   #73
CyberCubed
Overlord

Quote:
I mean, she blatantly says her run is going beyond issue 123 and she's still writing it. So I don't know see how that reads otherwise. And since she also said, "the foreseeable future" it doesn't just sound like a few issues more either, so I assume she's going at least to issue 130+ and beyond.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 11:16 AM   #74
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
Now you have me picturing jenikka dressed as the bride taking on the foot and karai all alone with the kill bill theme music playing. But it's also a good comparison one being an epic and the other being a journey of revenge.
I love Jennika as the Bride, but I don't know if I'd have Karai as the Bill-type character, she seems more like an O-Ren with the Japanese theme and the numerous henchmen. How about Kill Null? With Zodi as Elle, Hun as Budd, Karai as O-Ren, Koya as Gogo, Bludgeon as Johnny Mo, Mona as Vernita, Saki as Pai Mei and Splinter as Hattori Hanzo?

The comparison was more to point out how one breaks off into multiple storylines that come together at the end (Waltz's style) and the other just sticks to one character's perspective (Campbell's style).
Old 07-29-2021, 08:34 PM   #75
Rooish
Devil's Advocate

Quote:
Goodness, what a novel concept for this run... Urgh. Just shoot me now.
Guys, I get that we are all sick of it and the way it's being done, but TMNT has ALWAYS had its everyone sit around and have a family meeting moments. Tom Waltz wrote a lot of them too. And remember City at War... the Mirage one? TMNT has always been a bit emo.
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 08:53 PM   #76
ChosenOne
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
Guys, I get that we are all sick of it and the way it's being done, but TMNT has ALWAYS had its everyone sit around and have a family meeting moments. Tom Waltz wrote a lot of them too. And remember City at War... the Mirage one? TMNT has always been a bit emo.
Family meeting moments aren't the problem. I love those. This mash-up of Sesame Street and Seinfeld that Campbell has turned TMNT into is the problem.
Old 07-29-2021, 08:57 PM   #77
Leo656
The Franchise

Quote:
Family meeting moments aren't the problem. I love those. This mash-up of Sesame Street and Seinfeld that Campbell has turned TMNT into is the problem.
I just pictured Cookie Monster as Kramer.

Old 07-29-2021, 09:01 PM   #78
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
now you have me seeing alopex saying "no soup for you!"

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics
Old 07-30-2021, 10:43 AM   #79
ChosenOne
Banned

Mona stuck in a limo with a bunch of sullen-looking Mutanimals: "War, what is it good for?"
Old 07-30-2021, 06:49 PM   #80
lonewarrior20
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewarrior20 View Post
now you have me seeing alopex saying "no soup for you!"

"If the sun comes up tomorrow, it is only because of men of good will. That is all there is between us and the devil."
Kenny O'Donnell

https://www.deviantart.com/lonewarrior20 my fan comic/episodes of the lost season, weird ideas and my collection pics