The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > TV and Movies

Notices

Old 02-15-2017, 04:19 PM   #14881
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Happy for Wyatt

Sad for Vader

Through the Golden Door
AT-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 05:52 AM   #14882
jbeeman85
Foot Soldier

I get that it is all storyline but: Does Randy Orton absolutely have to fight the Smackdown champion? In the previous brand split, the Rumble winner had the option of which champion he wanted to face (Raw, Smackdown, ECW). It was always a major deal seeing which champion the Rumble winner would pick to face at WrestleMania.
jbeeman85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:52 AM   #14883
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeeman85 View Post
I get that it is all storyline but: Does Randy Orton absolutely have to fight the Smackdown champion? In the previous brand split, the Rumble winner had the option of which champion he wanted to face (Raw, Smackdown, ECW). It was always a major deal seeing which champion the Rumble winner would pick to face at WrestleMania.
You'd be correct. Until the WWE and World Heavyweight Championship were unified at TLC 2013, the person could select who they fought at Wrestlemania, beginning with Benoit in 2004.

Problem is not all the Rumble Winners main evented. Benoit, Batista, Orton (2009), and Cena (2013) did, but the others in between them didn't but had high profile matches. Those would be Rey Mysterio, Undertaker, John Cena with hsi 2008 win, Edge, Del Rio, and Sheamus. I don't understand why as I didn't full start wrestling until recently nor have I read the dirt sheets either until 2013.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:04 AM   #14884
ZariusTwo
Overlord

It depends on the strength of the storyline I think.

For example, in 2008, the more compelling title feud was Edge vs 'Taker. The stakes were higher because Edge had never been pinned or made to submit at 'Mania, had continuously defeated The Undertaker, and the title and streak were on the line.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:01 AM   #14885
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

I like how strong Sister Abigail is now. Bray got elevated immediately by the EC match and the latest triple-threat to a legit main eventer. He and Randy probably won't have the last Mania match, but it should at least be right before Goldberg vs Lesnar.

Through the Golden Door
Old 02-17-2017, 08:07 AM   #14886
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Nicole Bass has died, and George 'The Animal' Steel may have died last night as well.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:55 AM   #14887
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

http://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/c...ies-79-n722536

Confirmed. I remember The Animal for messing with Miss Elizabeth and his match with Macho Man late in his career.
Old 02-17-2017, 07:40 PM   #14888
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Whoa, that sucks. I don't know who Nicole Bass is though. The name doesn't ring a bell for me. Sad to hear about Vader though. Has he been sick?

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 07:42 AM   #14889
Vicky82
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Nicole Bass has died, and George 'The Animal' Steel may have died last night as well.
Just found out Ivan Koloff has also died, RIP

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 05:36 PM   #14890
GoldMutant
Control Your Narrative

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Whoa, that sucks. I don't know who Nicole Bass is though. The name doesn't ring a bell for me. Sad to hear about Vader though. Has he been sick?
Nicole Bass to my knowledge was a manager for Sable and a manager in general during the Attitude Era. I don't know much about her otherwise.

As for Vader, he has congestive heart failure, which he stated on his Twitter back this past November. Apparently only has two years left to live. It really sucks, as Vader is one of my personal favorite big man wrestlers.

R.I.P. to Ivan and Steele too.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:03 PM   #14891
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post
Nicole Bass to my knowledge was a manager for Sable and a manager in general during the Attitude Era. I don't know much about her otherwise.

As for Vader, he has congestive heart failure, which he stated on his Twitter back this past November. Apparently only has two years left to live. It really sucks, as Vader is one of my personal favorite big man wrestlers.

Congestive Heart Failure varies on many factors. The major one is how early is is it caught? Also, in some causes it can be slowed down or a new heart can remove the threat if accepted. My maternal grandmother was diagnosed with it and told she had 8 years to live in her condition. She only lasted 17 months and four hospital visits. What I am saying is, even if given time he is projected to live in the condition he may live long past or not close to medical prediction.
Old 02-18-2017, 11:52 PM   #14892
sdp
Megan Fox = April

Well we're getting close to Wrestlemania and it's when I start getting my yearly wrestling itch. Somehow I remembered WWF Superstars and decided to write about it here if you're interested. It's just that the theme is so good and watching as an adult the marketing aspects that WWF Superstars dealt with makes it more interesting than say the other dozen WWF recap shows they had back in the attitude era. I found this episode on youtube and enjoyed as an idiot all 49 minutes of it. It's an episode of 1999 so have some fun with nostalgia.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFOWuRWW71I
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 04:27 AM   #14893
ZariusTwo
Overlord

Thanks for sharing SDP...you chose a good moment, fond memories of the Mcmahon/Helmsley era..definitely a more intense version of the Authority.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:55 AM   #14894
The Deadman
Foot Elite

PWG Only Kings Understand Each Other 2.18.17

Quote:
(1) Trevor Lee def. Cody Rhodes. There was an issue in this match, as apparently Trevor Lee said something in character to the tune of “f*** Dusty” and Cody got upset. Cody has since gone on Twitter and said it was his fault for not telling Trevor his one rule, which is to not use his father to get cheap heat in matches, and all is forgiven between the two.

(2) Trent? def. Rey Fenix

(3) Matt Riddle & Jeff Cobb def. Michael Elgin & Brian Cage

(4) Ricochet def. Lio Rush

(5) Mary Scurll def. Jay White

(6) SuperKliq (Adam Cole & The Young Bucks) def. OI4K (Sami Callihan, Dave Crist & Jake Crist) in a six-man tornado tag team match.

(7) Zack Sabre Jr. def. Chuck Taylor to retain the PWG World Championship. Chuck ended up passing out after a great main event for the submission (KO?) victory.

– Zack Sabre Jr. turned heel after the main event, joining with Marty Scurll to beat down Chuck Taylor. Trent came out to make the save, but the damage had been done. It looks like the Leaders of the New School are back.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 04:57 PM   #14895
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMutant View Post

Ah, I see. Now I remember her.

Old 02-19-2017, 07:50 PM   #14896
sdp
Megan Fox = April

I was blocked by Mick Foley's daughter on twitter for pointing out that acts of charity shouldn't be done for retweets as it was a very blatant tweet, I did it in a nice way too, I wasn't an a-hole about it

I think I'll be watching something WWF related every weekend until Wrestlemania. Lucha Underground is coming to Netflix in the spring so hopefully soon and I'll watch that instead since I've heard good things about it and the "season" format fits my ability to watch it better than say 5 hours+ of WWE content per week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post

For example, in 2008, the more compelling title feud was Edge vs 'Taker. The stakes were higher because Edge had never been pinned or made to submit at 'Mania, had continuously defeated The Undertaker, and the title and streak were on the line.
I remember that match and was mad they weren't hyping the undefeated streak vs undefeated streak more, I also thought this was the time for The Undertaker to pass the streak to someone else who also had a streak yet was already a star but would still elevate him and he could eventually pass it on as well but I guess they didn't think that was a good idea.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:17 AM   #14897
The Deadman
Foot Elite

Hooray for another Charlotte title challenge at Fastlane. Boring.

Last Movie Watched: Hell House LLC (2015).
Last TV Show Watched: Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog (S1:E29).
The Deadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 02:18 PM   #14898
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

Yeah, she'll probably beat Bayley to keep her undefeated streak alive. Ugh!

Big congrats to Diamond Dallas Page for being the next inductee in the WWE Hall of Fame. I first became a wrestling fan in 1997 and DDP was my first favorite wrestler ever. I admired him for his never say die attitude and the fact that he's proof that no matter what anyone tells you, you can do whatever you want to do. He had a lot of memorable feuds over the years, but the one that is my favorite has to be his feud with "Macho Man" Randy Savage. DDP will always be one of my favorite wrestlers because he's just plain awesome.

BANG!

Old 02-22-2017, 06:32 AM   #14899
AT-Man
I SEEN IT

Bayley needs to break Charlotte's streak at Wrestlemania, no sooner or later.

Braun vs Big Show was amazing!

Why is Raw trying to bury their whole tag team division by making the champions look weak against one guy? Pure idiocy.

Through the Golden Door
Old 02-22-2017, 06:48 AM   #14900
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic

I didn't watch the main event as I had no interest in it. But I agree about Bayley breaking Charlotte's streak.

Tags
armbar#, silverdome brother, wrestling