The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Everything Else

Notices

Old 11-03-2017, 03:54 AM   #7801
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMarvelDuckie View Post
Okay new rant- insensitive prick journalism crews. Seriously. WHAT THE EVERLOVING F**K??!! A local news story just aired about a mom who shot and killed her 5 and 7 yr-old girls in their sleep. Bad enough, but THEN the d*ck reporter decided to interview the friends and neighbors, INCLUDING a 7 yr-old girl who was the two girls' best friend, asking her about what they did together. She broke out in tears in the middle of the questions. WHY would you go up to a little kid who has just been traumatized with the news that her two best friends have just died, and stick a camera in her face to ask stupid personal questions like that??!! I was utterly disgusted by the lack of compassion or awareness of how that crap will affect a little kid!
That's shocking, the parent's allowed that?
Quote:
The new show details I'm not caring for a bit
Yeah that got me down a little

Quote:
Today marks five weeks with a cold virus, it's been absolutely exhausting.
That's a persistent cold, was it a bad one or one of those that leave you feel run down but linger on?

As for the dental stuff, yes leaving cavities can lead to all kinds of problems and persistent infection can lead to bone decay. I'm lucky to only have had 2 cavities, one filling was badly done and went on to be root canal sadly but still not bad. I've had tooth abcess from an impacted wisdom tooth, that isn't fun. Lucky me I've not been punched in the face but 'who punched me in the face' is what came to mind when I woke up in the night with it

Last edited by newfan; 11-03-2017 at 04:58 AM.
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 04:42 AM   #7802
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

It's a pretty bad one, bronchitis-like coughing. The constant pain akin to when otitis is about to kick in for real, which comes and goes. Cold sweats and coughing up bile and a splitting headache that makes me eat painkillers like tic-tacs.

But it is slightly better then two weeks ago, and at least I got my voice back
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 04:50 AM   #7803
newfan
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
It's a pretty bad one, bronchitis-like coughing. The constant pain akin to when otitis is about to kick in for real, which comes and goes. Cold sweats and coughing up bile and a splitting headache that makes me eat painkillers like tic-tacs.

Damn, that sounds awful, hope it clears up
newfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 05:37 AM   #7804
Katie
Just...way too serious.

Quote:

Sounds like what was going on with me when I had walking pneumonia.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:56 AM   #7805
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

It is season for that over here, so it is possible
Old 11-03-2017, 05:58 AM   #7806
Vegita-San
Emperor

Quote:
Okay new rant- insensitive prick journalism crews. Seriously. WHAT THE EVERLOVING F**K??!! A local news story just aired about a mom who shot and killed her 5 and 7 yr-old girls in their sleep. Bad enough, but THEN the d*ck reporter decided to interview the friends and neighbors, INCLUDING a 7 yr-old girl who was the two girls' best friend, asking her about what they did together. She broke out in tears in the middle of the questions. WHY would you go up to a little kid who has just been traumatized with the news that her two best friends have just died, and stick a camera in her face to ask stupid personal questions like that??!! I was utterly disgusted by the lack of compassion or awareness of how that crap will affect a little kid!
one reason why i stopped watching the news 15 years ago. and even then i only checked it out for half an hour after the price is right. it's just too depressing.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 07:40 AM   #7807
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Quote:

Sweet Mother that sounds exactly like what I have. Mine has gone for almost a week now. Not much pain except when I cough too much but gods above it makes me get the urge to pee every time I do. And my voice goes in and out- not good when my job relies on it so much!

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 02:15 PM   #7808
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Wow, Candy Kappa, five weeks? Have you gotten it checked out with a doctor? That's unusual and sounds like it really sucks.

I've had bronchitis, but just alone after a cold, not on top of the other things like that... (Given the headache... any chance of a sinus infection being a part?) Hope you feel better soon or, if need be, able to get what ever cure it needs.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 02:21 PM   #7809
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

Yeah, I'd suggest getting that checked out
Old 11-03-2017, 03:43 PM   #7810
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing

No, I haven't been at the doctor yet. But my partner have and the doctor said it was most likely a virus, so you have to ride it out. So I'm giving it another week before seeing my doctor, who I don't know who it is since my old doctor either moved or retired.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:22 PM   #7811
Ninjinister
無問題

I didn't get to take advantage of this magical "extra hour" of sleep - even though I really needed it - or even really get much sleep at all... because I got a flu shot yesterday morning and I ended up with a 101 degree temperature all the while freezing my ass off despite having the heat cranked up and over 20 layers between clothes and blankets.
Old 11-05-2017, 03:17 PM   #7812
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Annoyed that even though we had to hand write all these signs this past week for the current "holiday blowout sale" that's going on for a while and none of the prices changed (other than one or two things joining the sale late), we still can't get a break.

And that sale is hardly a blowout... It seems to be getting more people into the store, but really, some things were a bigger percent off before this than they are now. (On the flip side though, there's a few things finally on sale that had never been yet, so it really depends on what you're after.)

Also getting rather burned out dealing with all the darn stock and trying to figure out where the heck to put all this stuff and HOW. Lack of space, lack of fixtures, they want it all out on the floor, the need to waste a lot of time rearranging junk first just to find room... And a truck came I think Friday with a ton more stuff for my departments. Ugh. (We've even gotten things with a summer tag which is REALLY weird! Like we hardly have enough space for the winter stuff! Even if the tags were for spring it's still too early for that to be showing up... Summer tags is bizarre.) I want a vacation so bad.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:02 PM   #7813
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

Okay not really a grind, but this made me a little sad today. I finally took down all of my Samhain decorations today, which means that the "New Year" season is officially over for me. The table cover and the misters are the last things to go. And I have discovered that I need more storage boxes for all my bones, skulls, fencing, and other big stuff. But I guess it had to end sometime. Just sad to see it all go.

Old 11-05-2017, 06:13 PM   #7814
Utrommaniac
Resident overthinker

When new ideas to a story creates more problems than the one the original solution figured out.

Though I'm really liking what I've got.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:54 PM   #7815
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Quote:
Okay not really a grind, but this made me a little sad today. I finally took down all of my Samhain decorations today, which means that the "New Year" season is officially over for me. The table cover and the misters are the last things to go. And I have discovered that I need more storage boxes for all my bones, skulls, fencing, and other big stuff. But I guess it had to end sometime. Just sad to see it all go.
Likewise. Had off Friday and was warm out so I took the decorations down then.

Wish I could have had it up longer, but was a little sketchy about anyone trying to steal this pricey new skeleton. Pretty pleased with how it all turned out though. (Although the little bit of indoor decorations are still up. Will prob get to that this week.)
Old 11-06-2017, 07:42 PM   #7816
Vegita-San
Emperor

https://soundcloud.com/videoguy565/world-series

can't figure out what song this is that they started to play in the world series and its gnawing at me
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:34 PM   #7817
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Why have the on-demand "new movies" offered on HBO and Starz (at least via Comcast) really sucked for far too long now? >.>

There are SO many I'd hoped to see at some point via these channels that have just never shown up on either of them. And yet, they added that damn 50 Shades sequel. Ugh. Very little of anything good for far too long, and what was watchable I've already watched.

Bad enough Starz has no "new" section for actual newer films anymore and now forces you to scroll through everything looking for anything that is actually new thrown in among a ton of old crap you're not interested in. (Would be awesome to have a section for just films from, say, the last two or three years.)

Was thinking maybe I should go to bed and put on a movie. Oh wait, it's all crap and know there is probably nothing new added.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:57 PM   #7818
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!

I feel the same way about broadcast stations most of the time. We don't have cable or satellite, or any streaming service etc. So we are limited to the local stations' programming, most of which is crap. Only things we watch are Lucifer, Gifted, Gotham, Orville, and the H&I "Superhero Saturday" or All Star Trek stuff and Svengoolie.

Old 11-06-2017, 09:17 PM   #7819
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer

Christmas Commercials in November. Give the damn Turkey his month Kringle than you get December
Old 11-06-2017, 09:17 PM   #7820
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy

Damn... just realized that I have no "must watch" show anymore, since the only one I made sure to catch somehow is now ended. Watch so little tv as it is, TMNT was really the only thing I truly cared about on it anymore. Now what me do...

Sad thing is, I was slowly re-watching the 2003 series as well and have been meaning to get to the last episode. Such timing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
Christmas Commercials in November. Give the damn Turkey his month Kringle than you get December
Oh yes. Saw two to start with in October. Grr. And now the rest are showing up.

And day after Halloween the Christmas music started at work, so far mixed in with a few remaining regular songs. *sigh* I think the last two years it didn't start until mid month. (But I guess at least it got rid of some of the ones I was annoyed by or tired of.)