The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Old 03-19-2018, 11:02 AM   #2121
Coro
Mad Scientist

So I have managed to cobble together all 4 brothers from this line and I have to say I really like them now that I got them used. I averaged around 90$ per turtle and I am selling off the accessories which will further reduce that. Basically I am just keeping the main turtles and weapons.

I think if these would have come in around the 100 mark these would have done a lot better. I would have also saved some money on the figures and did an accessories pack or something. We didnt need grapple hooks in every box, same thing with claw hands-these seem like a waste. I would argue the baby turtles could have been left out too, and some of the wires had those plastic backings as well that could have been used to reduce costs.

I feel like this was a project of love for the MONDO team and they might have went a bit too far out for what they wanted.

Overall with just the turtles and weapons I think these would have been fine at 89 or 99 price points. They all feel solid and look really good together as a group, and I am happy with them for that price.

Coro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 11:04 AM   #2122
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaParade View Post
Shredder clones are a fun idea. It really just makes me wish for "RTNY" style TMNT figures to go along with them. Would buy in a heartbeat.
Its unique at least. Everyone is just making the brothers and stopping...we need more unique niche interests filled.

Old 03-19-2018, 05:12 PM   #2123
cloud
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coro View Post
So I have managed to cobble together all 4 brothers from this line and I have to say I really like them now that I got them used. I averaged around 90$ per turtle and I am selling off the accessories which will further reduce that. Basically I am just keeping the main turtles and weapons.

I think if these would have come in around the 100 mark these would have done a lot better. I would have also saved some money on the figures and did an accessories pack or something. We didnt need grapple hooks in every box, same thing with claw hands-these seem like a waste. I would argue the baby turtles could have been left out too, and some of the wires had those plastic backings as well that could have been used to reduce costs.

I feel like this was a project of love for the MONDO team and they might have went a bit too far out for what they wanted.

Overall with just the turtles and weapons I think these would have been fine at 89 or 99 price points. They all feel solid and look really good together as a group, and I am happy with them for that price.
I am feeling the same way with different reasons.
I feel like the price was way too high for what Mondo was offering. Since the accessories or more of less the same, the price should be lowered. The claw hands were fun but for the most part useless.
The pet turtles and pre-mutated Splinter were good ideas but failed in excution. They were just display pieces with no articulation. Even if the heads can turn or Splinters hands can move up and done can add more value to them.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:45 PM   #2124
cloud
Stone Warrior

For anyone interested. THe four turtles are on sale at Big Bad Toy Store for $99 each.

Man, if I waited, I would have saved $200 on these over priced turtles...
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 04:50 PM   #2125
Coro
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
For anyone interested. THe four turtles are on sale at Big Bad Toy Store for $99 each.

Man, if I waited, I would have saved $200 on these over priced turtles...
Wow-Nice find! These are totally worth $100 each IMO. Like I said before the turtles with primary weapons display amazing. Id post pics but we are still redoing the basement

Old 06-02-2018, 06:23 AM   #2126
SavageSloth
Thug

Ok, so I just ordered Mikey and Raph from amiami.com
They have them marked down to around $53 each. So I had to get them finally. Super happy about he price. Now I just have to get Donnie.
SavageSloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 02:48 PM   #2127
playmate
Foot Soldier

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageSloth View Post
They have them marked down to around $53 each. So I had to get them finally. Super happy about he price. Now I just have to get Donnie.
SavageSloth, I’m mondo grateful for pointing me in the amiami direction. May I please ask you (or indeed, any other ‘dromers who have ordered from this sit), in regard to their stock – is it 100% identical to the stock from a US site? (That is, not a ‘parallel import’ / factory second / bootleg?) When the price seems almost too good to be true, I’m prompted to ask. Thanks Dudes!!
playmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:23 PM   #2128
DevilSpooky
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by playmate View Post
SavageSloth, I’m mondo grateful for pointing me in the amiami direction. May I please ask you (or indeed, any other ‘dromers who have ordered from this sit), in regard to their stock – is it 100% identical to the stock from a US site? (That is, not a ‘parallel import’ / factory second / bootleg?) When the price seems almost too good to be true, I’m prompted to ask. Thanks Dudes!!
As far as I know their stock is 100% genuine, but I've only bought one figure from them so far.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:39 PM   #2129
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

i ordered both my Revoltech sets (the original and the re release), and my Sailor Moon Figuarts set from them. their stock is genuine
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 03:57 PM   #2130
ProdUK
Thug

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavageSloth View Post
Well worth that, congrats. Almost tempted for another set at that price but I really shouldn't.

Used amiami a few times and they have never let me down.
ProdUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 09:49 PM   #2131
EddieNES
Stone Warrior

Somewhat of an update.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AE78C894-587D-461B-8D2E-92A2F09EF69C.jpg (12.0 KB, 79 views)
EddieNES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:46 PM   #2132
ProdUK
Thug

Some more shredder parts being shown on Brocks instagram.

https://instagram.com/p/BjlQk0MjtEW/

Apparently there are 5 different characters shown in the vid...
ProdUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 02:20 PM   #2133
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist

thats kinda cool glad to see they are going on with the line.

ill probably grab this when it comes out
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:24 PM   #2134
Powder
So tired of this place

Looks like Shredder, Casey, Foot Soldier, possibly Foot Elite, aaaaand a Shredder clone?

I'm convinced that none of you have ever experienced joy
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:23 PM   #2135
Darth Knuckles
Stone Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Looks like Shredder, Casey, Foot Soldier, possibly Foot Elite, aaaaand a Shredder clone?
That's exactly the five I was thinking of too. I think the Shredder Clone would be the Mini Shredder but it's just a guess. I'm very excited to see these continue to be made. The Foot Ninja head and all of the Casey accessories look great! The only part that worries me is the cloth aspect. I'm not a fan of cloth on collectible figures like these. I'll just have to wait and see though.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:56 AM   #2136
SavageSloth
Thug

Ok so apparently shipping these to South Africa will cost $160.... That makes me want to cancel the order. Thats a lot of dough for shipping...
SavageSloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:41 PM   #2137
predaking000
Thug

Sort of lost track of this line...was super excited when I first saw pics. Then once they started coming out, I was turned off by what I saw were a LOT of QC issues, via the reviews.

I noticed that BBTS has these on clearance. Any idea if the problems have been fixed, or are these all still QC gambles at this point?

Thanks in advance.

*edit* So I went back a number of pages, and it seems like the comments here echo what I've seen on YouTube. A bit of a QC-ridden line. I'm sure there are people happy with the figs, but I tend to be picky, especially when it comes to things like loose limbs, limb leprosy, paint defects, straps breaking, etc...

Anyway, it's a shame, as these Turtles, aesthetically speaking, could have been the perfect TMNT figs I've been waiting for--comic inspired, well sculpted, and a nice hefty size. Were it not for the various issues, I would have gladly plopped down the $600+ original asking price for the set.

But even on clearance, they don't seem worth the hassle.

Last edited by predaking000; 06-14-2018 at 12:29 AM.
predaking000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:04 PM   #2138
DonnieLaForge
Stone Warrior

If anybody wants to get rid of the exclusive accessories lemme know...I want em!
DonnieLaForge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 04:39 AM   #2139
AlZarkovski
Mad Scientist

Spoiler:
AlZarkovski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 08:04 AM   #2140
wpugh2424
Mad Scientist

Awesome
Would love to see more

Tags